Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2019, 16:55   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
I have booked the Triber online. It appears the right car at the right moment for me. With a wife, kid, and parents, I found the sedans (including the compact ones) and the Ertiga's and Morazzo's way beyond my budget. It is priced 7.98 lakhs on road in Bangalore. My plan is not use it for the seven seats, but for five members on the long drives. Hopefully, it will serve me good for three-five years.
As per Renault, this engine is used in Clio and Sandero for European markets. According to Renault this is an upgraded version of 1.0L engine used on Kwid. The vehicle responds well at lower rpm's and 2000 rpm is the sweet spot for balance of power and fuel efficiency. They have picked this engine considering the option of launching a TC petrol variant in future. The power delivery depends on the overall mechanical efficiency and not on engine alone, this vehicle will definitely serve you well for 3-4 years.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th August 2019 at 17:10.
deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 17:05   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
As per Renault, this engine is used in Clio for European markets.
So, is it completely different from the one in Kwid or the same one with VVT at both intake and exhaust?
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 17:48   #393
BHPian

Very good pricing. Given the features it is value for money as well. 4 airbags is good option. It creates a segment of its own I will say. Go+ cannot match this anyways and there is no other 6-7 seater other than Eeco in this range.
Engine on paper looks weak but on the ground it hasn't been found big time lacking by the people in the group who has driven it. I will visit Trident Renault on the weekend to test drive the car.
The only worry is the crash worthiness of the platform. Not sure how much of structural reinforcements and changes have been done. However, as a city car with small footprint but ability to carry larger family when needed - this car meets the requirement to the core.
busydrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 17:51   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
Definitely a great pricing. The car felt good enough for the price it has been launched at, especially with 4 airbags. Am seriously contemplating on getting this car to replace my Baleno diesel. While I was considering Ertiga Vxi, Triber looks like a great cheaper alternative. Only downside is the 1L puny engine. Felt just adequate. Shall reserve my decision till an official Tbhp review is out.
I wish they had launched this car with the K9K Diesel engine, even if only for a few months till BS VI becomes mandatory. Even in the 85 PS tune, it would have been a great engine for this people mover. It can be a great highway cruiser in addition to being a great city car. It has the presence and ground clearance to go anywhere but not the engine to match.

A Triber top end Diesel with the K9K engine at 6.99 Lakhs would have been a killer proposition. Would have helped with wringing the last bits of revenue from the BS IV K9K and address a whole market segment which would simply not consider petrol for a 6-seater people mover.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th August 2019 at 17:54.
84.monsoon is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 18:05   #395
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV: Rs. 4.95 lakhs onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I wish they had launched this car with the K9K Diesel engine...
I think the engine bay was intentially kept small to liberate more cabin space which is the biggest USP of this car.

Any news on the AMT version was looking forward for it, quite surprised as no one is talking about it also
Old 28th August 2019, 18:28   #396
Senior - BHPian

Renault cannot compete with Suzuki and Maruti for any of the like for like products since their quality is not significantly ahead of them in any way. So they need a product differentiator. They had done it with the Kwid and now they have done it again with the Triber. Nearly the same price as a B2 hatchback, so a fantastic alternative to those who seek flexibility in space for hatchback kind of money. And I dont think this customer base is looking at power or torque or anything remotely to do with these numbers. If the need is for a car that is primarily to be driven in the city, with some amount of flexibility in space, I feel the Triber makes a case for itself.
In tier 2 and 3 cities, where you have larger families, this car makes a compelling case!
Agreed, it may not be the most refined or even the most well built, but the car has a strong USP. And Renault needs something like this to compete in the market.
motorworks is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 19:47   #397
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Nice pricing by Renault. Hopefully they will get good numbers for this car. Top 2 variants look value for money considering features they offer.

Lots of people talking about power. That reminds me The Legend in this segment, Omni. It was really peppy car and i have driven if few thousand kilometers with 6-7 people on board. Never felt any power issue at all. Hopefully this car will also deliver on similar lines. Currently Ecco also has very peppy engine and it pulls nice with 7-8 people on board as well.
aniketi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 20:33   #398
BHPian

I have high hopes for this Car. it's a great concept and would love to see flexibility being appreciated in India. Great cost as well but comparisons with Go+ is inevitable.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 21:32   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Lots of people talking about power. That reminds me The Legend in this segment, Omni. It was really peppy car and i have driven if few thousand kilometers with 6-7 people on board. Never felt any power issue at all.
Difference here is that this car weighs close to a ton, while the Omni was as light as paper! 72Bhp doesn't look too weak for the price though.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 22:09   #400
BHPian

I think out of all the struggling car manufacturers in India, only Renault is making good and honest efforts to change the situation ( Looking at you - VW, Fiat, Ford )

As for the Triber, this is fantastic pricing and I hope they don’t increase the prices if it gets moving. This car will fit 8/10 cases for a small joint family and the remaining cases can be ignored for that price. The only weak point is that 3 pot engine but once the owners get used to the power band, it should be liveable.

Love the way it looks, it has it’s own character, quirks but the same things serve as USP of the car. Praying for a success. Hope they repeat what they did with Kwid.
turbowhistle is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 22:37   #401
BHPian

I sincerely hope they introduce a good, fuel efficient diesel variant sometime in the future. This car would then be the ideal daily usage car for me.

Preferably the 85 ps unit from the duster. On road of 8-8.5 lacs would be completely fine for me.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 22:45   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Difference here is that this car weighs close to a ton, while the Omni was as light as paper! 72Bhp doesn't look too weak for the price though.
With the 35 hp engine (and 0.8T unladen weight), I have comfortably transported 8x50 kg fertilizer bags in the omni.

Triber is 950 kg and double the power. Brisk acceleration might be not there, but otherwise it should be able to leisurely transport the 7 passengers.

Also, the Eeco weights about 0.9 ton and has similar power/torque/seating numbers; it sells a good 10k copies a month after the Omni is discontinued.

Triber is gonna eat into the hatch as well as people mover segment; Renault has pulled a rabbit out of the hat, IMHO!
ramzsys is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 22:57   #403
Senior - BHPian

A very well executed product by Renault. To me the biggest plus is the packaging. To seat 7 people in that footprint with a usable third road is excellent. Not to add that it is unique too.

I don't think too many potential customers will be bothered with the numbers on the engine as long as it gets the job done which going by reports it does.

What goes against Renault is the sales and service reputation which at this segment people are extremely sensitive to. A relative of mine had the AMT gearbox of his Kwid replaced at 30,000 km after it stranded him in the middle of the road. He says the gremlins have started popping up in the new gearbox as well.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 00:35   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault is definitely finding good ways to compete in Indian market. When their bread and butter model Duster sales were down, they got Kwid which was a clever design.

Now when the Kwid sales are going south, they get another clever product with brilliant space management .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 03:09   #405
BHPian

Absolutely smashing price!

Did not expect such an incredible pricing for a entry level 7 seater. Families will be sold on this I believe. Will be undercutting a sizeable percentage of Ertiga's market share too.

I believe Renault has entered the price bracket where Maruti should have had a presence. The Eeco still has the potential to compete with Triber, if Maruti adds some niceties.

For a company which brought the Super Dud - Duster in a Captur, this is an unbelievable move.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks