Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2019, 17:13   #571
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
Updates
Went with the same size (165/80R14) as I feel that size is adequate for the power on offer. Also, this is my 1st Renault after 14+ years with Hyundai, so didn't want to take a chance with the suspension warranty by upsizing.
Are you sure about this, did you get this condition directly from the dealer? The previews of this car had 185/65 R15, They even mentioned in some of the reviews (I think CNB) that it's available as an accessory on the RXZ.

Can you please share some details on the exchange cost on tyres.

Quote:
Updates
However, the steering feel is unusually calibrated. It is super light at parking speeds, and when the car rolls it weighs up decently. While one expects a light steering (-ie- having enough power assist) at parking speeds, this is unusually light.
I guess this is also a fallout of the rather thin width of the tyres. Should do well with 185.
Old 6th October 2019, 09:40   #572
BHPian

Today, I got to see a Triber on road and had the opportunity to have a look. The owner was taking it home from showroom.

I really appreciate the efforts put by Renault and wish success of this model. The car is not that big and sized perfect for city use. Definitely this car has road presence and different from the herd!

The interior design is simple, aesthetically pleasing and reflects European flavour. There is good amount of space inside with airy ambience, thanks to large glass areas. Exterior is equally good without unnecessary creases and overdesign elements. Simply I liked the car!

I did not have opportunity to drive it, I wish there was a bigger engine. Having said that, in my opinion, if one uses mostly in city with one to three passengers, 1 litre engine should suffice the purpose.

Kudos to Renault and eagerly wait for Team-BHP review!
Subby is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 10:36   #573
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my Triber RXL today!
Congratulations for your new car!
Must say it’s quite a good looking vehicle.
Especially front on, where it’s got some kind of last gen. civic vibe going on (top and front of bonnet). The design looks proportional, thoroughly modern and classy, quite a change from many other offerings available.

Renault seems to have hit almost all points with this car. I’m hoping this does well in the market and Renault is able to sustain decent volumes over a period of time.

Note to mods: Maybe it’s time to drop the ‘Kwid based’ part from the title, since it seems to be a credible product on its own?

Last edited by mayjay : 6th October 2019 at 10:40.
mayjay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 22:13   #574
Senior - BHPian

My first hand impression of riding in the last row of the Triber for a short Test Drive this evening.

Loved sitting at the back, the suspension did it's job well. Unlike an Eeco whose suspension makes everyone bounce about on every small speed breaker, this one was more composed. Loved driving it as well, after my Nano this really felt like a worthy upgrade. Music system, AC cooling in all 3 rows, everything was to my and wifey's liking. Took the quotation, and now awaiting my loan approval within this week and subsequently delivery sometime soon if all things are in place.
AdityaDeane is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 09:41   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Are you sure about this, did you get this condition directly from the dealer? The previews of this car had 185/65 R15, They even mentioned in some of the reviews (I think CNB) that it's available as an accessory on the RXZ.
Nah, I think it was confirmed afterwards that the preview cars had wheels and tyres that were never intended to be on production cars. It was anyway expected. 185/65R15 will be overhead for the 1L engine to pull with extra grip. And larger diameter wheel would mean extra beefing up of suspension to maintain ride quality. That would push price up too. The diameter difference between the two wheel specs would be quite significant too, which car makers generally don't opt for across trims of same car.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 16:02   #576
BHPian

Did a 650 KM trip in Kerala in the last 3 days and saw 5 different Triber across different parts of the state. I briefly followed one for few KM's and never felt that it was slow or lagging per se. Of course that car only had 4 passengers but I was doing around 80k's and Triber was always in front of me. In the looks department, we have to commend Renault for this. Looks really good on road. Overall, this car reminds me of the old TATA Indica Ad "More car per car".

I usually never support Renault due to the poor vehicles that they give to India both in terms of design and especially in terms of safety, but last 3 months have definitely proved that among the foreign players who came to India after Hyundai, they definitely seem to have cracked the code for stupendous success with beautifully designed cars tailor made for India. Triber deserves to be a blockbuster and set benchmark sales. Hope it achieves that.
RaghuVis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 22:44   #577
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at triber today, and it is one of most impressive launches in recent past. The amount of space carved out, is simply marvellous.
I was apprehensive about the 1 litre engine, but it surely surprised me. It can pull cleanly with air conditioner on.
The last row can seat an adult comfortably, the comfort is similar to last gen Ertiga.
Brilliant product, and a good alternative to full size hatchback.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20191009_1558142.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 14:29   #578
BHPian

I saw a blue triber on Music Acadamy flyover on Cathedral road. What a handsome looking car. Renault really did a good job
rrnsss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 11:20   #579
Senior - BHPian

Can any Triber owner's share the PDF of the Owner's Manual of their Triber, or pages specifically showing the Service Intervals and works scheduled on those services here in the forum?
Old 16th October 2019, 14:10   #580
Senior - BHPian

I saw Silver color Triber in my area for couple of times. I must admit that it looks very impressive, full marks to designers for designing such a lovely car. It is very well proportioned car. It is perfect car for small families staying with their parents. Occasional 7 seater and regular 5 seater. Hope it will get good success in the market.
Old 16th October 2019, 17:54   #581

Hi, I liked the car on the first test drive I took of it sometime in August. I was looking for a family car with seven seats and both Ertiga and WRV though being exceptional vehicles were one both expensive, second did not look appealing. I was moving from a Honda city which gave me good company for the last 6 years and now with 2 school going kids and a working mom i needed a daily commuter with low cost of ownership. Something that looked better and convenient then Maruti ECCO. I was surprised with the feature set that Renault gave as all you must have read in the comments above.

I finally bought the car on the same impulse, when I bought the Honda Brio for my father. That too is an industry benchmark which Indian commuters refused to appreciate. I got the car on 13th Oct 2019 and having driven it extensively for the last couple of days within the city and under 80KM/hr i would says its an extremely comfortable no-frill vehicle. I have got myself the top-end variant and i do not miss the steering mounted controls as the screen does the job pretty well. The Voice commands work on the phone a few might need to upgrade the phone. The engine is responsive and if you work the gears properly you would no feel the lag of power till 80Kms in the city. An automatic gearbox would have been a great thing for this car as you have to downshift quite a bit. I have lugged luggage, and people as we had a marriage in the family the same day and it car did a good job. 20 Kms on the highway was good as well with acceptable noise levels inside the cabin. Though the car absorbed and occasional bumps on the road I would not recommend going fast on them as it may damage your suspension in the long run. Drive the vehicle patiently and it would be happy to give you pleasure. Will be taking it to Kasauli over the weekend with the family will write about it post the trip
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img201910131557121.jpg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img201910131434331.jpg  

Mandeep0172 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 18:11   #582
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the car to buy if you are planning to buy a no-nonsense car like the Wagon R.

I saw the car in Pheonix Market City and was quite impressed.

Can people who have purchased the car share the On Road Pricing please.
Old 16th October 2019, 19:37   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
Hi, I liked the car on the first test drive I took of it sometime in August. I was looking for a family car with seven seats and both Ertiga and WRV though being exceptional vehicles were one both expensive, second did not look appealing. I was moving from a Honda city which gave me good company for the last 6 years and now with 2 school going kids and a working mom i needed a daily commuter with low cost of ownership. Something that looked better and convenient then Maruti ECCO.
Congrats on the sensible purchase. I too saw one in a shade of red recently (RxL variant) and it looked very upmarket, even for a base/mid-spec variant. As a utility vehicle this is unmatched in the price segment.

As per reviews, the engine seems to be doing fine in city speeds. Due to the government-mandated speed alerts post 80kmph, I guess most people would prefer to keep their cruise speeds below that speed. Hence, if one prefers to drive at a sedate pace, then I guess the Triber can be a good highway companion as well.

In the sea of recent hatchback and compact SUV launches this one definitely stands apart for its USPs. I just hope that Renault has put enough emphasis on safety as well, so that the car passes the NCAP test with a decent rating.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 16th October 2019 at 19:39.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 23:31   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Can any Triber owner's share the PDF of the Owner's Manual of their Triber, or pages specifically showing the Service Intervals and works scheduled on those services here in the forum?
Got the reply to my query from my Renault Sales Advisor:-

1st service at 2000km or 2months

2nd service at 10000km or 1 year

3rd service at 20000km or 2 years

Thereafter, every 10k km or 1 year
Old 17th October 2019, 07:22   #585
BHPian

10,000 km service interval for the puny 1 litre petrol motor will result in terribly dirty engine oil by that time and hence reducing the longevity of the engine severely. Imagine a car which has done 10000 km in city the wear and tear on the engine will be of a 15000 km run considering idling and start stop scenario in traffic.

Just to make the ownership cost look low, car companies nowadays are claiming such long service intervals

I have been driving small displacement NA petrol engines for 12 years now and have seen the engine oil getting coarse everytime at around 5k kms.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks