Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 00:32   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Given that even Duster diesel comes with AMT, don't keep high hopes! And the CVT on petrol duster is so bad that it makes AMT look good.
Hi pseudo_codet, I had taken a test drive of Duster Petrol CVT and didn't notice anything wrong with it. Would be interested to hear from you on why you feel Duster Petrol CVT is bad.
Old 30th October 2019, 05:09   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hi pseudo_codet, I had taken a test drive of Duster Petrol CVT and didn't notice anything wrong with it. Would be interested to hear from you on why you feel Duster Petrol CVT is bad.
Interesting. I found the drive to be very sluggish, like there was no pickup at all. Rubber band effect was the maximum I saw in any car. I read the same experience on this forum from others.
Old 30th October 2019, 13:30   #618
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Nice review there Honeybee.

Indeed triber is a great VFM package and I sincerely hope the Triber helps Renault India garner sales akin to the Kwid days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Managed to get a small TD of the Triber from Thane. First the car impressions:
As you have mentioned your location as Dombivili, and I believe Renault has a functional showroom adjoining the Manpada signal on Kalyan-Shil road, I am just curious to know as what could be the reason to move far up to Thane to test drive the Triber.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:38   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
As you have mentioned your location as Dombivili, and I believe Renault has a functional showroom adjoining the Manpada signal on Kalyan-Shil road, I am just curious to know as what could be the reason to move far up to Thane to test drive the Triber.
That showroom I suspect is long closed. Haven't seen it open for weeks.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 16:12   #620

Test drove the triber and found it to be an excellent practical family car. Following are my observations
1. Very practical feature
2. Interiors look good in few areas but again felt flimsy in some areas.
3. Space availability is to the maximum capacity
4. Mileage figure of 20 doesn't seem to be real. I reset the meter and a short city drive showed 11kmpl in the pretty new car MID. Waiting for more owners to post their data
5. Road presence is awesome
naveen.maverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 12:45   #621

The car at 1800 Kms
The average of the car has marginally increased from 11.2 KMPL to 13 KMPL. I have not reset the onboard computer but the increase can be associated with highway driving for the past few days. No major issues in the car. Except the software might need an update, need to confirm the same with the dealership on my first service.

1. Power window lock switch only lock the rear two windows
2. The seat belt warning sometimes does not go away even when the seat belt has been put by the occupant in the car. I have to restart the car if this happens
3. Sometimes the steering does not self-centre and the power steering feels extremely light
4. The reverse gear does not disengage properly.

Performance: Doing a great job.

Currently, I'm trying to look for seat covers for the RXZ model, which the dealership told is not available for this model as the front seats come with airbags. I'm also looking for the 7D mats for the car and a steering wheel cover. In case anybody knows where to get it from in Chandigarh or near Chandigarh kindly let me know.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 13:45   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
I'm trying to look for seat covers for the RXZ model, which the dealership told is not available for this model as the front seats come with airbags
Your dealership is correct. Seat covers are not recommended for seats that have airbags. If you still want them for some reason, here's the link to BHPian Simhi's Yaris thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4553768 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)

He's got seat covers with an opening on the airbag side for the front seats. I think if your local accessory shops can make custom seat covers similar to those shown in the link, that should solve the purpose. My recommendation would still be to avoid covering the front seats.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:03   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Interesting. I found the drive to be very sluggish like there was no pickup at all. Rubber band effect was the maximum I saw in any car. I read the same experience on this forum from others.
City pickup is equal to any car on the city road, the gear shifts are a bit different, You can pull in 1st gear but 2 and 3rd are tall gears where the car accelerates to 91 Kmph similar to a breeza. You need to stay in the car a bit longer. Again its not a performance-oriented zippy engine. For people seeking performance, you need to spend on a swift, i20, VW polo or any other hot hatch.
Old 2nd November 2019, 20:33   #624
BHPian

Visited Renault Wagholi, Pune to check out Triber. There was one more customer present, and having two customers at the same time seemed to be an uncharted territory for them.

I asked for a test drive, and a glass of water. They filled up the customer info form. After a while, I was told that test drive is not available, as the manager is not present (although two Tribers were present in the parking!). I was like - I don't have to test your manager!

To prevent my visit from being a total waste, just checked out the car. The second row seat was pushed back to the maximum, which made the legroom similar to a C segment sedan. The third row obviously suffered.

I sat on the 2nd row and the driver seat. 2nd row was comfortable. The cushions are thinner than normal, but owning to my own thinness, it was sufficient for me. Thigh support is decent.

Moving to the driver's seat, I found two turn offs. The footwell was cramped, and the seat was also narrow. Both of these severely affect my driving comfort. I am just a 60 kg guy. I wonder how healthier people are comfortable in such narrow seats.

BTW, the water I ordered never arrived.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 2nd November 2019 at 20:37.
pseudo_coder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:33   #625
Senior - BHPian

Seems like with the festive season gone, Renault has increased the price of the top end model by Rs.4,250/- without an announcement. I was just checking the latest prices, and the price which earlier was Rs.6,49,000/- (pan India for the RXZ trim) has now increased to Rs.6,53,250/-, while the prices of the lower trims remain the same. Attaching a screenshot also.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20191105_152939839.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 03:54   #626
BHPian

Wishful thinking - If I was calling the shots at Renault, I would increase the price of each varient by 50k and add turbo and better tyres and market the new line up with a new name like Triber Power, Triber RS and or something like that.
Old 6th November 2019, 06:04   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Wishful thinking - If I was calling the shots at Renault, I would increase the price of each varient by 50k and add turbo and better tyres and market the new line up with a new name like Triber Power, Triber RS and or something like that.
Renault should not have increased the price, adding a Turbo for 50K is not possible, TC petrol engines require more cooling than diesel engines, cost too is very high. A larger tyre option could have been provided.
Old 6th November 2019, 08:33   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Seems like with the festive season gone, Renault has increased the price of the top end model by Rs.4,250/- without an announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
.... A larger tyre option could have been provided.
The RXZ trim now comes with 185/65/R15, clearly justifies the price rise. Good one Renault. I guess the other trims will now get this option at the dealer level, without the warranty getting void.

The new brochure
2cents is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:01   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
The RXZ trim now comes with 185/65/R15, clearly justifies the price rise. Good one Renault. I guess the other trims will now get this option at the dealer level, without the warranty getting void.

The new brochure
I didn't care to check about the Brochure updates. Thanks for correcting and I am sure that all the new owners will love the looks and feels of the wider section tyres which complimented the cars of media drives.

Feel sad and sorry for the people who already bought the RXZ variant a few days back, and will see the newer owners riding on the wider wheels.
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 12:30   #630
BHPian

Spotted one in my apartment complex. RXZ variant. Looks smashing. Both second and third rows looks really comfortable(One seat in second row was in forward position). I am wondering how they managed this magic under 4m. The Infotainment console looks very sleek though I have no idea how it works when switched on.
Few disappointments that I could see.
1) No steering mounted controls. Not even in top end vehicle? I checked thrice to make sure this was RXZ. A definite deal-breaker for many I guess.
2) The digital tachometer looks very tacky. Wonder how it looks while being functional. Not a deal-breaker though.
3) Gear knob looks very bland. Again not a deal-breaker.
4) Tyre. Definitely needs upgrade.

But overall, I think this is the best VFM money sub 4m car for majority of Indians who love to take extended families and pets in their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Feel sad and sorry for the people who already bought the RXZ variant a few days back, and will see the newer owners riding on the wider wheels.
Absolutely true. This was a major goof up. Glad they corrected it so soon. Hope they take care of those who already bought it before this change. Since that number is less, they won't take much hit on their revenues. On the upside it will be a big image boost for them. But manufacturers rarely do such things so it's wishful thinking from my side.
RaghuVis is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed