Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 17:04   #646
BHPian

Re: 10,000th Renault Triber delivered

Heartiest congratulations Renault . I can sense commitment and responsibility in Renault. Triber had left a very positive feeling when I looked at it for the first time. The only sore point in the package is that 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol 'Energy Engine' (that's how they call it) has not much ENERGY to keep the momentum.

It also has an exhaustive list of accessories too. Check them from this link.

Last edited by vijayshouree : 8th November 2019 at 17:09.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 18:26   #647
Senior - BHPian

Triber has very good road presence. I don't see why would a buyer in 5L segment not consider this. You get a far more value in Triber than any of the competitors. They should repeat this in higher segments too.

Happy to see Renault having a sales hit on their hand.
Old 8th November 2019, 18:44   #648
Senior - BHPian

Renault has been a trendsetter in many segments, sadly they take the risk only for someone else to reap the benefits.

E.g: Duster, Creta came in and took all the numbers away! Renault did almost nothing in response.

Kwid: S-presso has outsold it already, many blame it on the engine's refinement and reliability, no action from Renault yet.

Triber might not be able to keep its position if Maruti decided to launch 7-seat Wagon R!

Hope they are ahead of the game with more engine and transmission options in the future.
Old 8th November 2019, 19:04   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Indeed a good news but nothing to celebrate. If Renault is using this as an advertisement, then it's fine.
Being an old player, getting a sales figure of approximately 5,000 units per month with a low priced utility vehicle is just average, nothing great.

Triber and Kwid combined managed a sales figure 10,500+ units in October. This is definitely a silver lining for Renault, but both the cars (Triber, facelift Kwid) are now in their honeymoon period. If these figures continue for a long time, then its good.

The setback for Renault was due to their own fault.
When the new updated Duster from Europe was needed, they just gave us a face-lift. The Captur was overpriced at it's launch. They are still giving us the Duster & Captur in their age old platform. Whats wrong in bringing car's like the Clio?
They should learn something from Kia or even MG before it's too late!

Last edited by Samba : 8th November 2019 at 19:06.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 19:07   #650
Senior - BHPian

Maybe I missed it, but I have not spotted Triber in Bangalore. Probably they have more sales in other cities. But first things first - Congratulations Renault on these good numbers. Good choice of model.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 19:59   #651
BHPian

Congrats to Renault on this milestone! Spotted a silver Triber (top end probably, judging by the projector setup) on NH-48 near Vellore. Might have been local there too, which is a good thing considering the fact that it means people in smaller cities are buying it. The single Renault showroom there (NH-48) was bustling with activity also.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:49   #652
Team-BHP Support

I live close to a Renault showroom. In a world of quirky designs, Triber is a clean, decent specimen. I'm strangely not a huge fan of the hatch it's based on, but the mini-MUV (is that the segment now?) is a good, neutral design for a change.

I like it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 12:42   #653
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Triber gets silent Update !
RXZ gets 15 inch wheels and meatier 185/65 tyres

Good move by Renault !
Triber RxZ now coming with 15-inch wheels as standard.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20191109131440_chrome.jpg

Quote:

The Renault Triber that was launched in Indian in August was this year has gained a silent update. Its RXZ trim now comes with 15-inch wheels instead of 14-inch wheels. The 165/80 section tyres have been replaced with meatier 185/65 section tyres.
As was the case with the previous 14-inch steel wheels on the Renault Triber, the bigger 15-inch steel wheels are designed to look like alloy wheels. The 14-inch alloy wheels continue to remain a paid accessory on the 7-seat MPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
4) Tyre. Definitely needs upgrade.

But manufacturers rarely do such things so it's wishful thinking from my side.

The Tyre upgrade has marginally increased the pricing of the RXZ trim by INR 4,000 to INR 6.53 lakh (ex-showroom).

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 9th November 2019 at 12:53.
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 13:54   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Congrats to Renault on this milestone! Spotted a silver Triber (top end probably, judging by the projector setup) on NH-48 near Vellore.
Triber comes with projector setup right from the base variant. That's really outstanding from Renault. Even the Kwid comes with DRLs from base variant.
fz_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 17:26   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
[center]
Attachment 1932666
[/url]
Is it because of the camera angle that the car looks so short?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Triber comes with projector setup right from the base variant. That's really outstanding from Renault. Even the Kwid comes with DRLs from base variant.
That's nice of Renault.
Old 9th November 2019, 17:55   #656
BHPian

I am seeing quite a few Tribers on the road and they don't look like a budget offering from the outside. It's a job well done by Renault. Also, if I look at this thread, I can see that there is lot of positivity around the brand due to Triber. It is in stark contrast to what happened during Captur's launch!! Well done Renault ��
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 09:41   #657
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for T-Bhp review of the Triber, I know lot of people depend on it to take their decisions, at least I know a couple of them ,Any insights on when it is coming !
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 10:20   #658
BHPian

Guys, I'm surprised by the responses here. Please don't get carried away by the size and the price.

All these cut paste cars on the existing models have poor dynamics and handling. Also, perceived quality is far different from actual quality, recent example - Hyundai Santro's 2 star rating in crash test.

And, unlike Maruti or Hyundai, Renault has poor customer centricity. There are several Dusters with Injector failures, even on the recently delivered cars, but Renault has not cared to do a recall. This is for their bread and butter model.

Adding to these, the way they handled the Captur, Renault runs like one shady company on a mission to sell poor products with nice clothes.

Would suggest to stick to established manufacturers. I'm in the market for an hatchback and I have not even put Renault in the list.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 10th November 2019 at 10:22.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 11:41   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys, I'm surprised by the responses here. Please don't get carried away by the size and the price.

All these cut paste cars on the existing models have poor dynamics and handling. Also, perceived quality is far different from actual quality, recent example - Hyundai Santro's 2 star rating in crash test.

Would suggest to stick to established manufacturers. I'm in the market for an hatchback and I have not even put Renault in the list.
I'm curious to know the vehicles in your list , I'm sure there are a few others too looking forward to it.

I'm excited to see a low cost 7 seater that does not compromise on the 7 seats or the interiors or features or looks. The plenty of unfortunate people who have to go the used car route and buy a big old clunker for ferrying their extended family now has a solid choice. The gap between Omni & Ertiga is filled by Triber and Renault deserves credit here, an unusual spurt is sales when the industry is going south overall.

Why do you think platform sharing leads to cars with poor handling and dynamics?
Kosfactor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 12:17   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post

Absolutely! It is common to appreciate good things and smash bad things. No bad in appreciating a great engineering work!
"Perceived quality is far from actual quality", so the only hatches that may break this are VW Polo, Figo, i20 and maybe the Tiago for its body. Only the i20 is from an established manufacturer.
If people had stuck to established manufacturers, Kia and MG should have closed their shops now.
We were taken by the space and VFM Triber offers under 4m(engineering beauty) and I am not surprised by the response here!
I don't think that the dynamics have deprived. Instead, coming from the Kwid's platform the ride and handling of the Triber are excellent. No denial that it is from the Duster's parents.
Jagann13 is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks