Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 07:29   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Saw a few here in Chennai. The front looks quite OK and promising but the rear is Ughh. It looks like the designer fell asleep while putting it together and the machine finished the job. They could have given a little bit more character to the rear.

The government is going to impose strict speed limits on the National highways, monitored through 10s of cameras as well as alogorithms to make sure you cannot slow down just for the cameras even of you know where they are (It will calcuilate your speed between camears and send you a ticket). This is going to be implemented first on the Chennei Trichy highway with a max speed of 100 KPH. We might as well as trade in our Punto Abraths, Pols GTIs and BMW 3s and get a Triber, it will do fine for a 100 KPH top speed, at least we can enjoy the space and the extra moolah in the bank.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 21st November 2019 at 07:31.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 13:34   #707
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Impending Price Hike noticed

Seems like an impending price hike is on the cards. This time for the RXL, RXT and RXZ variants. The base price is still at 4.95 Lakhs (Ex-showroom).

Original launch prices (link).

New prices:-
RXL -> Rs.5.59 Lakhs (increase of Rs.10,000/-)
RXT -> Rs.6.09 Lakhs (increase of Rs.10,000/-)
RXZ -> Rs.6.63 Lakhs (increase of Rs.14,250/- from the launch prices, and Rs.10,000/- from the last price hike of Rs.4,250/- which was for addition of 15" flex wheels).

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-15743231361389150956477155053678.jpg

The actual price list hasn't been updated in the Price List section yet, only the home page shows these prices.

No changes can be seen in the brochure yet. It is still dated as 30th October. So maybe, the website is being updated right now, and we will get a clearer picture in a few hours or days from now. As per my sales advisor, it has already come into effect since 19th November.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st November 2019 at 15:43. Reason: Edited
AdityaDeane is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:35   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

We get to see a good number of Tribers on roads now. They seem to be running well with the traffic on highways & inclines also. Not visibly under-powered like some cars do appear immediately on such inclined stretches. So good signs.

(Now the following part is totally personal liking & surely all won't agree. That's expected.) Renault has gone with the Orange as signature colour. Personally after seeing many specimens, I find the Blue the most striking colour followed by the maroon/red. Blue really looks very smart & shinier. I wonder why Renault didn't take that as the signature colour? Perhaps because many other manufacturers already use the Blue as signature one? (Including Nexa!)
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:46   #709

I purchase the following things for the triber from the following websites
Car Key cover
https://www.flipkart.com/keyzone-in-...8e31aad76d8c7a

Multifunction anti skid mat for dashboard
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unless you are getting the tyres exchanged at the time of delivery, switching from 14inch to 15 insch does not make any sense. Its best you drive with the 14 inchers and replace it with bigger tyres when the complete tyre set would have to be replaced
Mandeep0172 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 21:55   #710
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the Triber's Official Team-BHP review is about to arrive by or before Christmas, as evident from GTO's post here (A unique car of its kind! The Renault Triber RXZ in an owner's view).

He's about to test drive the Triber this Weekend.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 22:52   #711
Senior - BHPian

Unless one has need for all that space, I think for the price of an RxZ one would be better of with a Swift VXI manual (retails at ₹ 7.2L (BS6) OTR Chennai) instead of a Triber. That's my impresssion after reading the ownership thread. A pleasure to drive rather refined and with a slick engine gear box combo, mileage and hassle free service. Drove a new Swift this morning belonging to my son's friend in torrential rain and was great.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ners-view.html (A unique car of its kind! The Renault Triber RXZ in an owner's view)

Last edited by Durango Dude : 23rd November 2019 at 22:55.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 00:35   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Unless one has need for all that space, I think for the price of an RxZ one would be better of with a Swift VXI manual (retails at ₹ 7.2L (BS6) OTR Chennai) instead of a Triber. That's my impresssion after reading the ownership thread. A pleasure to drive rather refined and with a slick engine gear box combo, mileage and hassle free service. Drove a new Swift this morning belonging to my son's friend in torrential rain and was great.
How about Wagon R ZXI AMT? OTR Pune is less than 7 lakh.
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 18:57   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
....[*]The Renault app lists a seat cover for this model (4 airbags). I won't be putting it but saw a query earlier on this thread.
Regarding seat cover, you have mentioned that Renault now has a seat cover for the RXZ variant, which is not true. Could not see anything like that in the Renault India website or in the Renault India app for android. Where from did you get this information?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2019 at 19:33. Reason: Please only quote relevant bits of posts while responding. Quoting a long full-length post hinders mobile user experience.
avijpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 21:39   #714
BHPian

I have registered my car with chassis number on Renault app. It has shown seat covers as accessories. You may want to contact Renault as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijpal View Post
Regarding seat cover, you have mentioned that Renault now has a seat cover for the RXZ variant, which is not true. Could not see anything like that in the Renault India website or in the Renault India app for android. Where from did you get this information?
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 04:17   #715

Seat covers for Renault triber Rxz are currently not available at dealerships
Mandeep0172 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 13:30   #716
BHPian

Any updates on the 7 years extended warranty on Triber?

I have seen the price list for other Renault cars except for the Triber. It is posted by a fellow bhpian on this thread!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4700903 (Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years)
Old 29th November 2019, 22:40   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
We'll be going to pick it up next week now.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191129wa0003.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20191129_185659626.jpg

Finally a proud owner of a Triber RXZ from today evening.
AdityaDeane is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 14:06   #718
Senior - BHPian

Spotted one on Taj Agra Expressway yesterday. It was maintaining some serious speed with 4 occupants on board.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 17:38   #719
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber! Owner's First Long Drive Impressions.

Quote:
Finally a proud owner of a Triber RXZ from today evening.
First impressions after my 500Km drive from Dehradun to Manali last night:-

1. Suspension is awesome and so is the ride quality. It was far less tiring than travelling the same stretch in my Nano all this time. Loved throwing it around corners while keeping my speed below 80Km/H.

2. Pickup is adequate. We were 3 and lots of luggage. It wasn't as sprightly as our Baleno, but no slouch either. Kept pace with Ertiga and Innova cabs on the way, and never felt underpowered.

3. Projector Low Beams have a nice and wide coverage, much like how Mahindra's have when the Cornering Headlamps switch on. Main Beam is focussed centrally and provides good illumination as well.

4. Tankful to Tankful, my first fill up gave me a mileage of 13.1Km/L. And this is with 100% AC and almost 75% driving in the hills, mostly uphill. Surprisingly the MID was also showing my Trip Average as 13.1Km/L and so did the Fuelio App after filling in the data.

5. Not sure why, but my front right suspension is making a loud Thud sound on some road undulations on even as low as 26Km/H, while sometimes there is nothing even at 70-75Km/H on similar potholes.

6. Engine is noisy when you listen from outside. On switching the car off, you can hear a nice engine noise slowly switching off, like that of some electric motor or turbo. Though mine is not the turbo version!

7. Head Nod is present.

8. Overtaking needs to be planned in advance, but I am used to it because of my Nano's small engine.

9. The Jack sits below the second row bench on the right side. Till now it seems like it will be a tough job to take it out. Have to practice it a few times before I actually get stuck somewhere.

10. The AC Controls have a feeling of cost cutting. Very flimsy and do not seem like they will last the age of the car. Keeping the fingers crossed. We just used the front AC all the way, never switched the second compressor on. Not sure how much will that affect the mileage and pickup in these hills. The 2nd and 3rd row AC only has a cooling function, you cannot use it in winters to heat the cabin!

11. Surprisingly, despite locking the Power Windows with the master lock switch on the driver side, the front left Power Window was easily openable from the passenger side. Also, all the windows opened despite being in a lock position from the Driver Control Panel. Only the Driver and Front Passenger switches are illuminated in the master control panel. Driver side has auto up and down function. Really helpful.

12. Interestingly, if the car is off and you're sitting inside. The MID shows the prompt when you lock or unlock the Power Windows.

13. The Headlamp Leveller seems to be non-electrical. The is no electric humm when you rotate the switch to move the lights up or down.

My son has already found places in the car where he can sit and play when we're not on the move. Move the second row 60% seat all the way forward and tumble fold the 40% seat, and he has his own space to sit and hide and play. Also, he has started using the cooled box in the central console as his stool!
AdityaDeane is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:13   #720
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber! Owner's First Long Drive Impressions.

Quote:
First impressions after my 500Km drive from Dehradun to Manali last night:-

1. Suspension is awesome and so is the ride quality.

11. Surprisingly, despite locking the Power Windows with the master lock switch on the driver side, the front left Power Window was easily openable from the passenger side. Also, all the windows opened despite being in a lock position from the Driver Control Panel. Only the Driver and Front Passenger switches are illuminated in the master control panel. Driver side has auto up and down function. Really helpful.
Congratulations on the Triber! Couldn't visit this as I was a little busy! Wishing you a wonderful journey with the car

Indeed! I was amazed by the ride of the Triber.

And the power windows, I think that the lock/unlock is only for the rear windows and not for the front from what I have experienced and from what my SA told me. The power windows behaves unlikely!

Infact, my car's power windows (except driver side) stopped working 4days back and the car is at the shop to repair it. Unfortunately, the workmen at the service centre couldn't identify the cause of the malfunction. I raised a complaint on this and some workmen from Renault India are checking this tomorrow!

Happy to hear that an enthusiast has this car as I wish I can get your support anytime!

Thanks

Last edited by Jagann13 : 1st December 2019 at 18:20.
Jagann13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks