Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2018, 11:42   #46
MSC
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners

My 14 year 10 month old Hyundai Santro Xing. Don't know how these almost 15 years went by.
It is still working and going strong. It has started to feel underpowered now in company of more powerful cars.
It's going for fitness certification this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-img_20161212_213151.jpg  

MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 14:02   #47
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners

Brilliant ad, just back flooding memories when we had to sell our 31 year old Premier Padmini, with such a heavy heart. Fortunately or unfortunately, I never got to see what my father felt when he had to sell it but it must have been a very emotional day, considering it was like the third child in the family.

Regarding the ad, I thought a great twist in the story would have been if the son had managed to sell the Creta and kept the Accent and told his dad he had completed the sale
Old 1st July 2018, 03:05   #48

This ad makes us all believe that a car is not running just because of some horses riding under the hood with a metallic cover, its the people and their memories that keep the pistons moving.
Every car has some past hidden with it, though most of the people don't realize it and treats a car as a commodity.
For all the Bhpians a car is not just a mechanical masterpiece ,it's a family member.

Cheers to Team BHp Family.
devcar98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 11:03   #49

My 15 yr old sonata gold still runs like a gem .
Its here to stay.
And build quality those days , talk for it still.

Santa
Old 1st July 2018, 12:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Excellent advertisement!! Brings back old memories for me as I owned a Hyundai Accent CRDi from 2004 till 2014. The CRDi engine developed issues at 92,000 kms on board and I sold it finally with ODO at 98,000 kms as it required a complete overhaul. I wanted to stay with a Hyundai and explored the Verna CRDi in late 2013 but the low slung nature, bad rear seats and suspension issues of bottoming out made me look outside the Hyundai stable and finally ended up with the 2014 Honda City iDTEC

Here are some snaps of my Accent - my first car! I had paid about 2,500 back then to get the special number 7000 for my car.

Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-img_1524.jpg
The Accent CRDi

Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-img_1709.jpg
Picture taken while on a Trip to Munnar in 2007

Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-img_1710.jpg
Picture taken while on a Trip to Munnar in 2007 with me on the car

My Uncle bought the Accent from me and got the engine overhauled and drove the car for another 4 years. This year he sold the Accent which fetched about 1.4 Lakhs and my Uncle upgraded to the Jeep Compass Limited 4x2.

Coming back to the Hyundai Ad, we do have a similar situation at home now with the 40+ year old Premier President which we are thinking if we should sell away since my Dad has stopped driving since ever since his bypass surgery but hesitating as he is quite emotional about it.

Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-fiat_small.jpg
The Premier President - 1973 Model

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st July 2018 at 12:35.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 14:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I am yet to see a Hyundai that the mind does not agree and the heart is for it. We have experienced it with the Skodas, Fiats and now the Jeep brand.
Please, no! Why not a Hyundai that both the mind and the heart agree on?
Old 1st July 2018, 15:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Coming back to the Hyundai Ad, we do have a similar situation at home now with the 40+ year old Premier President which we are thinking if we should sell away since my Dad has stopped driving since ever since his bypass surgery but hesitating as he is quite emotional about it.

Attachment 1776988
The Premier President - 1973 Model
If I may suggest, please donate , or sell for a token sum , to such an individual who has the time & passion to restore the car and bring it back to full glory. Again, please pardon my overreach.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 15:28   #53
BHPian

Nice Ad. The Korean automobile Giant is the only contender worth its salt to topple Suzuki, even though its a far-fetched notion! . Our first contact with the brand came in the form of Hyundai Verna SX(O) Asta 1.5 CRDI which was bought in 2008. Incredible torque, Nice interiors coupled with less than satisfactory Ride and Handling.Unfortunately, in the first 4 years of ownership , the car got stolen!

Our second contact with the brand came in the form of Hyundai i20 1.2L Asta bought in 2009 , has 120,000 + kms ,and this being my daily drive since past 2 years. It went through a complete Engine O/H from Hyundai ASC and complete body work from our preferred mechanic in Jan 2018.
Old 3rd July 2018, 08:59   #54
BHPian

This is our 2000 model Santro, now with its second owner.
Rarely i have come across type 1 grill Santro now. Upgrading from Maruti 800 was an experience in itself with big dashboard and bigger body shell. AC and Heater experience was simply mind blowing for its time. Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530588379.436286.jpgHyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530588415.773441.jpg
Cooltronics is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 07:59   #55
BHPian

I loved the ad, but I do wish that they had shown the Santro instead, which has touched more families than the Accent has.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 14:56   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The ad linked in the opening post has been viewed 9.45 crore times .

Just received a press release from Hyundai saying 100 million views which appears to have been sent prematurely. Or maybe they're also counting the views on facebook.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 15:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Our kids are also extremely emotionally attached to our cars. So much so that they look forward to travelling in our car and look for reasons not to bring in a new car because the existing one will be replaced.
Despite what I feel about my car, I may probably be an exception where this ad did not do much for me. I cannot put a finger to it, but I felt it lacks something that would put it in the truly great ad category. Just my two cents worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, also don't miss the image in the leaflet. That's actually how things used to be in the 90s. If you bought a new model, the entire neighborhood would come down to check it out. Owners would distribute sweets too.
The neighbors seemed to be genuinely happy too that someone is bringing a car to the locality. Nowadays, it seems to be more of jealousy or oneupmanship.

Last edited by selfdrive : 16th July 2018 at 15:49.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 11:14   #58
BHPian

Here is the new ad from Hyundai.. It is the Santro this time

Starscream1188 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 11:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Here is the new ad from Hyundai.. It is the Santro this time
As I mentioned earlier, my ex KV classmate leads the team that's producing these ads - she mentioned that she spent endless time talking to her friends and contacts in the army and IAF, to get this exactly right.

I would say that she and her team have succeeded, massively. What an ad.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 11:47   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The second ad in the series is brilliant too! Very touching, and amazing attention-to-detail again:
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks