Team-BHP - Toyota's next car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota's next car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19975-toyotas-next-car.html)

According to today's Economic Times- Bangalore ed., the next car from Toyota India will most certainly be the Vios; with the Vios originally developed specifically for SE Asian markets. This car currently is available internationally with a 1.5L diesel engine as well. The report goes on to say that the Vios will be the ideal car from Toyota to compete against the C-segment, below the Corolla. The Fortuner SUV is "of no longer immediate priority" by Toyota India.

My concern is such cars are going to be sold well past their sell-by date, owing to their later launches here, and especially since a newer version would ostensibly be internationally available in another 2-3 years.

well this won't be the first time India gets a car well past its sell-by date. below corolla puts it against Verna, swift and fiesta,if i am right.

maybe they will rush it in for few years and update this car and corolla at the same time in 2-3 years time. till that time try selling leftovers.

The new vios is really speaking not that old that we can call it some sort of a leftover.

From what I have heard the Vios is more of a drivers car than the NHC[no direct experience so far].It should give good competetion to the NHC and thats where we should have some fun.

What Rahul says in indeed true - the Vios is quite attractive,, even more so than the Corolla IMHO

The problem is going to be pricing it right...

Toyota has considered vios before also... But found the pricing to be hard to meet... its going to be more expensive than the City...

Its going to have to be priced very near to the corolla, which could hurt the already-down corolla much much more...

anyway, some pics of the 2006 face lifted vios...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 346863)
the Vios is quite attractive,, even more so than the Corolla IMHO

Definitely - it looks like the leaner meaner version of the Corolla. And its 1.5L DOHC VVT engine does 110 bhp - much more than the Indian NHC's VTEC.

But, my original concern is towards its Indian shelf life - which might be quite extended owing to its later launch here, a.k.a Skoda Octavia

I dont like the rear much but its not bad looking at all!!
8.6L onwards is Corolla territory, so it would need alteast 50K below. And Toyota typically have many variants!! We might be in for starters at about 6.5L which is incredible!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus (Post 346956)
I dont like the rear much but its not bad looking at all!!

Rear reminds me of the OHC...

I hope it is fun to drive like the OHC...

Now that's a real handsome looking car, haven't seen one in a long time in C segment, not since Lancer was released.

If it also has the bite to go with the muscular look, it will be really hot, I mean it will be irresistable.:)

The car looks like a cousin of the Aveo for me.

Superavi

The problem is most of these so called new cars look the same.

This cars got understated looks. but not the dash. it has the funky centre dash dials. looks pretty cool.

I think this is a good car to get here. If it's competing with the city in other markets why cant they match the cost here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 346872)
The problem is going to be pricing it right...
Toyota has considered vios before also... But found the pricing to be hard to meet... its going to be more expensive than the City...
Its going to have to be priced very near to the corolla, which could hurt the already-down corolla much much more...

they go head to head everywhere in SE Asia. I dont see why India should be different. The only item that is more complex is the engine with 16V and VVTi, but then its Toyota's policy to have them on all petrol engines.

Toyota pakistan has a 1.3L EFI Toyota corolla[16V],present in vios in philippines.Hopefully toyota is not considering this engine for India in the name of cost cutting.

The 1.5L vvti petrol is the universal engine but have not heard of the 1.5 L diesel any info available in this regard.

Ps: Pakistan also has a 2.0L diesel corolla and the 1.8L petrol vvti corolla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 347054)
they go head to head everywhere in SE Asia. I dont see why India should be different. The only item that is more complex is the engine with 16V and VVTi, but then its Toyota's policy to have them on all petrol engines.

16V and VVTi should make it head on competition with the NHC Vtec right???