Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Spares availability for FIAT cars

Hi team,

I left my Fiat Siena (new shape) for service last week at Javali Motors, Bangalore. There was an irritating plastic/rubber noise, whenever the car was going over uneven roads and while taking turns. On exploring further, I could identify that the issue is the loose door beedings & door garnish. When I asked Mr.Santhosh (Javali Motors) to replace the door beeding/garnish, he replied me that the spare is not available with them. He also told me that he had placed an order for a Palio, month's back and he is yet to get it from FIAT.

Is it true that the spares availability for FIAT cars is getting worser. Also, kindly advice me if I can apply some glue to stick the beeding/garnish in place.

Regards,
Karthik.
Old 28th December 2006, 17:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

i think you are asking for too much from a company that does not beleive in supporting their clients. Somehow they have been able to maintain engine & transmission spares to a decent level which makes the cars to run. asking for beadings & garnish is a little too much. cheers

p.s this is exactly why the sienna has an unbeleivably low resale value
Old 28th December 2006, 18:41   #3
BHPian

May be there is a lil bit of truth in what esteem lover said. I had been asking them for side rubbers & mud flaps for Petra for 6 months before they could get me some.
Its your luck and persistence, find out from the dealer what they could do. Here goes another whine from me "FIAT either support the cars well or stop making good cars".
Old 28th December 2006, 20:35   #4
BHPian

I am planning to try them at Coimbatore, when I visit my home. Probably I might atleast get an equivalent spare out there, though it might not be a FIAT original spare.

And I think the same rubber beading will be used on petra and palio too ... Am I right or is it different from the new siena ...

- karthik.
Old 28th December 2006, 21:06   #5
BHPian

You can try writing to FIAT india. email ids can be obtained from the help section on the site. If you want me to find out from Anuroop in Hyderabad, I can. As I am a little forgetful you will have to take the pain of sending a pm to me.
Old 28th December 2006, 23:45   #6
BHPian

thanks sreenivass. i will pm you for getting the email id.

- karthik.
Old 29th December 2006, 11:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

local stuff is available for all cars, but beadings & garnish will look akward if you use local ones since they will not sit precisely. Keep insisting on FIAT chappies.
Old 29th December 2006, 11:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there is shortage of some spares with Fiat. I am trying to replace my Palio's broken tail light, but it is out of stock. But i never had problems with mechanical parts and components like AC cooling coils. Things may get better once the the production from the new plant is kicked off. I may be wrong too. With Fiat bringing in face lifted Palio, parts like lights and rubber beeding may be hard to find.
You can try the Tata dealers too..
Old 29th December 2006, 12:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
You can try the Tata dealers too..
Try with the TATA service stations..They are the dealers and should have spares also..
If not...Pull it off a display vehicle..LOL

Godfather
Old 29th December 2006, 12:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Pull it off a display vehicle..LOL

Godfather

Potente Godfather,

I got an equally good idea - how abt illegally launching a commando raid on a Fiat warehouse under the guise of flushing out terrorists ?! When the media after the raid asks where the terrorists were, we can do a George Bush and liquidate the journalists.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:41   #11
DRC
BHPian

Yes, Go to TATA. Concorde does a good job.

Javali is not that good in sourcing spares. They depend on Javali Hibli, and second sell it here. Their workmanship is very good though, largely due to their experience in Sundaram earlier.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:48   #12
BHPian

I think this gentleman could help you...

Hi,

I own a 2001 Fiat Siena 1.7TD ELPS. The car has done about 100000 KM. Till about 80,000 KMs, the car was absolutely trouble free, but after that it has been costing a fortune for me to maintain. I have spent more than a lakh in the last 20,000 KMS (in 2 years) to keep the car up and running. I had been runing the car initially in Coimbatore but for the last two years I m using it in Bangalore.

I service my car in Premier Land owned by a gentleman called Govindarajan, Premier Land was Fiat authorized service centre until 2 months back when Fiat signed off with all the FASPs. But this person still has a very good contact with spare suppliers from Mumbai and was able to source every piece of component right from alternator parts, a/c compressor, fuel pump parts, engine oil pump, radiator, valves etc...the list is all what I have got changed in my car in the last two years ;-)

His contact - 26685878, 26636635 (Jayanagar T Block)

Right now, Govindarajan does service in a smaller area in his house itself so he is not behind new customers but then you can refer my name (Vishnu) and request him for service or spares.

Good luck,

Vishnu
Old 29th December 2006, 12:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Vishnu, are you still clinging on to this machine ??? why dont you think of disposing it & getting yourself a trouble free, easy to maintain car ? 2L in 2 years is too much man. you could have bought yourself a cool esteem/zen & with it peace of mind
Old 29th December 2006, 13:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am just hoping that I dont meet with a spares shortage issue with my Palio. With the kind of temperament I have and the complete absence of anything remotely resembling patience, the day I get these issues with my car, I will sell it off and buy something else.

O.T. The only problem is that at least in Bangalore, every authirised service center or every marque sucks big time with the notable exception og GM( or that may be becasue we haven't heard horror stories yet about GM )
Old 29th December 2006, 13:37   #15
BHPian

Thanks for the contact vishnu. Another point is that, fast moving FIAT spares are still available in the market relatively easily.

Even I had to wait for 3 weeks to get the Siena tail light assembly to arrive at the service centre. This happened a few months back.

- Karthik.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks