Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2018, 16:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked

First leaked images of the Hyundai Elantra facelift have surfaced online. The refreshed car gets styling updates.

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked-doja1530845265.jpg

At the front, the car has a wide grille finished in black flanked by triangular headlamps with projectors and L-shaped LED DRLs. The bumper houses triangular fog lamps, air vents and silver trim along the lip. Like the current version, the updated Elantra has a coupe-like roofline. At the rear, the boot lid has been reshaped and has the Hyundai logo in the centre with the model designation below it. It gets wraparound tail lights and a dual-tone bumper with integrated reflectors and reverse lamps. The number plate housing has been moved to the bumper. Hyundai is likely to make a few updates to the interior as well.

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked-doja1530846800.jpg

The Elantra facelift is expected to be offered with the same set of engines as the current model. In India, the Elantra comes with a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine which makes 126 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1,900-2,750 rpm as well as a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit that puts out 150 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. Both engines are offered with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

The Hyundai Elantra competes with the Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla Altis in the Indian market.

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked-doja1530845574.jpg

Source: Gepann

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 16:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2018 at 10:41.
quadmaniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2018, 17:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

A car which was appreciated for its beauty has suddenly turned downright ugly (front fascia, IMO). The lights, the grille and fog lamps look like they were drawn by a kid with a scale.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 17:25   #4
BHPian

This is probably the KIA influence. I liked it too!

On a different note, I feel that the triangular front lights look amazing. Hopefully, this sets a trend.

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2018 at 10:43. Reason: Quoted post deleted
CaptainPrice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 21:33   #5
BHPian

The rear looks better than the current one on sale. However, the front reminded me of the set-squares I had in my geometry box in childhood. So after being blamed for getting inspiration from Audi designs, they tried to differentiate themselves by throwing in a pinch or more of Lexus. And the result looked like a kid did what he could using only scales and set squares. Once he got tired and went to sleep the dad finished rest of the design. Front doesn't relate to the rear IMHO.
Old 6th July 2018, 22:01   #6
BHPian

Ugh, what an ugly duck. The current design is so sleek and sexy (thanks to inspiration from Jaguar). This is just lame. Don’t like it at all. Of course, beauty is subjective and a lot of people will adore this design. But for me, it’s a no-no.

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked-0f79e5bc68614b238fac23a5a8cc2c70.jpeg
(Current design for reference)

Last edited by The Brutailer : 6th July 2018 at 22:06.
The Brutailer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 23:55   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Suddenly a really drastic change! Will be interesting to see if the Indian premium i.e. C2/D1 customer gets over the 'Fluidic' and goes for this.
Attached Images

itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 00:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
goes for this.
Makes me wonder -

How many more generations before Hyundai's once-criticized Audi grille designs metamorph into the ever-criticized Lexus predator grille design?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 00:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

I hate the front. It looks weird. No sense of design at all. Whatever happened to the family design philosophy? Hope the other Hyundai's don't get the same treatment, can't bear to see so many ugly cars all over.
Lalvaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 02:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

I never thought the day would come when I see an original looking design from Hyundai. I'm not too sure about the rest of the car, definitely doesn't look bad, but the front looks absolutely stunning and unique. I fear it might take a while to grow on our Indian audience given their very conservative tastes in styling. But as a design student, I am floored and honestly pleasantly surprised. Kudos to Hyundai for finally being a bit daring I mean seriously this takes contemporary to a whole new level

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th July 2018 at 02:06.
Old 7th July 2018, 11:20   #11
BHPian

The rear end looks great, the sides are sleek as always, but GOSH what is that front grille! What have you done to the sexy Elantra, Hyundai? It looks like an Xcent on steroids.

That said, reserving my final judgement till after I see some better pictures.
Old 7th July 2018, 14:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Id like to call it the LEXAUD Elantra. Shameless copying of luxury brands which in many ways works to be honest. An average joe isn't going to be able to afford a Lexus ever in his life and a Hyundai which offers him similar styling is desirable.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 14:54   #13
BHPian

Did Hyundai pick this from " quite conservative for us" bin of Lexus? Is Hyundai back to offering mish-mash designs? Totally hate this design.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 19:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked

Come on, you cannot fault Hyundai for not trying! The Elantra is not doing great numbers, which is also the trend of all D segment cars, so Hyundai may be is trying to do something different, trying to give the Elantra a very different face lift, so that it sort of grabs the customers attention.

Also, another most important factor for Hyundai to do this. The new Verna is almost very similar to the Elantra, and sometimes it is very difficult to differentiate both from the rear. So it is a good thing that Hyundai is getting the Elantra to look very different from the Verna, even if the Elantra starts to look a little over the top.

Last edited by motorworks : 7th July 2018 at 19:39.
Old 7th July 2018, 20:51   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Come on, you cannot fault Hyundai for not trying! The Elantra is not doing great numbers, which is also the trend of all D segment cars, so Hyundai may be is trying to do something different, trying to give the Elantra a very different face lift, so that it sort of grabs the customers attention.
You're thinking only from the Indian context. Elantra is Hyundai's worldwide best seller #1, closely by the Tucson.

Being 'different' is a big risk they are taking!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks