Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 18:16   #31
BHPian

Re: June 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

The Ford Mustang outsold the Nano and Fiat Linea!!
mura is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 20:02   #32
BHPian

Yaris already showing declining trend just few months from launch. Volumes are well below main competitors. It was one of the most hyped launches we saw this year.
Old 10th July 2018, 13:45   #33
BHPian

Its surprising to see that India's most selling car Alto is no more in top 2 positions. I guess thanks to the increasing purchasing power of Indians and mind shift
Old 10th July 2018, 14:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Its surprising to see that India's most selling car Alto is no more in top 2 positions. I guess thanks to the increasing purchasing power of Indians and mind shift
I too have had a 'mind shift'. After realizing the Alto's prowess in the hills and experincing Chandigarh's parking woes, the humble Alto is what I prefer most of the times.
Old 10th July 2018, 17:02   #35
BHPian

The Maruti numbers are startling! Unfortunately that means that it's highly unlikely to expect enthusiast cars from them in the near future.

Maybe they should muster some courage and launch a new sub-brand like NEXA called Suzuki Performance where they give some niche cars which can cater to enthusiasts. One such car could be the S-Cross with the monster engine and a proper auto tranny!

Dream over - the next car will be the Ciaz diesel with AMT!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 00:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

Maybe they should muster some courage and launch a new sub-brand like NEXA called Suzuki Performance where they give some niche cars which can cater to enthusiasts. One such car could be the S-Cross with the monster engine and a proper auto tranny!

Dream over - the next car will be the Ciaz diesel with AMT!
Why? See what happened to Abarth Punto, vento/Rapid twins. Enthusiasts are far and a few in-between. Maruti is like Honda two wheelers India. Why bring in performance models when activa and shine bring in the income? Maruti will never go into serious performance cars and decent sheet metal thicknesses.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th July 2018 at 00:18.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 08:43   #37
BHPian

I am always interested in the battle between the siblings - Skoda’s Superb and VW’s Passat, and although I’m happy to see the Superb posting decent numbers for a D2 segment sedan, I do secretly wish the Passat did better sales, and that’s simply because it’s a good product, and this comes from a Superb owner. It’s highly underrated, you can’t fault its feature rich cabin and a decent and tried/tested power train, and I do think it’s worth the premium over the Superb. Perhaps its sales numbers are simply indicative of the current market preferences for SUVs over sedans, but I’d like to believe that premium segment sedans will make a comeback, and when that happens, I’d like to see the Passat define the segment.
On a similar note, I wasn’t expecting the Camry to post relatively healthy numbers. Not bad, Toyota, for you’ve managed to do well by selling a 5 year old product for nearly 50 lakh rupees OTR.
Old 11th July 2018, 10:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Ford seems to facing heat in the mini SUV segment. The EcoSport face lift has offers to the tune of 30k
Hi pannags

Could you please share the details on where you got this info of 30k discount. Based on my interactions so far, only 3rd warranty is offered under corporate discount. One might get the essential kit after some haggling

Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 11:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Why? See what happened to Abarth Punto, vento/Rapid twins. Enthusiasts are far and a few in-between. Maruti is like Honda two wheelers India. Why bring in performance models when activa and shine bring in the income? Maruti will never go into serious performance cars and decent sheet metal thicknesses.
I believe that an enthusiast car from Maruti will see decent number of buyers if positioned and marketed correctly. One such example would be the S-Cross sold in UK with petrol (boosterjet) and diesel engines with 6-speed auto and manual gearboxes. It's also about creating the halo products in their endeavor to go premium.

Comparison with Fiat / VW (esp Fiat) is unfair considering their normal cars also don't do well.

We can agree to disagree
Old 11th July 2018, 12:07   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi pannags

Could you please share the details on where you got this info of 30k discount. Based on my interactions so far, only 3rd warranty is offered under corporate discount. One might get the essential kit after some haggling

Thanks
Hi styx71,

That's what they offered to begin with, but came back with the 4th year warranty added. However, we did not proceed with the booking as Ford has downgraded the HU to a 9" unbranded screen and no more accepting bookings for Trend + AT.

This was at PPS for a family member who's looking for an AT Cross/mini-SUV.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Maruti will never go into serious performance cars and decent sheet metal thicknesses.
In my opinion, Maruti would definitely bring in performance cars and so-called halo cars that don't bring in decent numbers once their sales are saturated. As of now, they are struggling to meet the demand of the existing products and couldn't really allot bandwidth for such halo products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I believe that an enthusiast car from Maruti will see decent number of buyers if positioned and marketed correctly.
A well rounded, good looking car would definitely sell in India. If it satisfies enthusiast too then it is a bonus e.g. Honda City Petrol. Fiesta, Scross 1.6 all are flops. People chose Scross 1.3 over Scross 1.6 as it is the same package and engine didn't make a difference to many. When 1.6 was dropped from Scross it was suggested that there is no USP for Scross anymore and it would flop. But they dropped it, changed the looks to little more desirable, stuck with the same old 1.3 and the sales almost doubled (Contrary to the beliefs that once you make a pricing blunder at the beginning you would never recover). Now we have too much difficulty in accepting the reality.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:25   #42

I hope TATA is keeping a close watch at the C1 segment trends and is working on getting a more powerful Tigor. Its almost a year now since Tigor launch and it has not been able to capture the imagination of the masses the same way as its sibling Tiago or the other players in the segment.

Surprisingly, Amaze is infact pulling in more numbers than even Tiago. The success being enjoyed by Amaze clearly shows that a well packaged product can still make a dent into Maruti Dzire's market and if not eat into its sales, expand the overall market itself. Tiago is a good car, but probably misses out against its competitors because of that underpowered engine. TATA probably can launch a 1 year refreshed/facelift model consisting of a more powerful engine and give the car a much needed push.
Old 11th July 2018, 19:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hi styx71,

That's what they offered to begin with, but came back with the 4th year warranty added. However, we did not proceed with the booking as Ford has downgraded the HU to a 9" unbranded screen and no more accepting bookings for Trend + AT.

This was at PPS for a family member who's looking for an AT Cross/mini-SUV.
Thanks Pannags

Do you mind providing the breakup of the discount (warranty, accessories, etc), please.

Perhaps on the New car price and discounts thread.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Few Points!

5. Bolero is the best selling Mahindra. The demand in rural Indian market for Bolero is not going to die anytime soon.

I have a question as old as OLD Monk.

But how come the bolero outsells the Sumo by such a ratio. Does any one have any market research findings to share?

A response by some of the Mods would be awesome. Thanks guys
Old 13th July 2018, 16:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I did an analysis of how much money a model is bringing in for the manufacturer, by averaging out the ex-showroom prices. It reveals some pretty interesting insights.

These numbers don't necessarily denote profits though, just the cash being brought in.

Some of the most out of place cars are Creta, Verna and Innova.

Attachment 1779264
Jeep or XUV does not figure in this list ? As cash being brought by them is higher than many listed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks