Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2018, 01:18   #46

Can anyone give Isuzu numbers? Just curious.
kirren07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 10:46   #47
BANNED

Re: June 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
But how come the bolero outsells the Sumo by such a ratio. Does any one have any market research findings to share?
A few reasons:

1. Significantly better FE.
2. Mahindra has always kept the Bolero fresh and revamped maintaining its appeal. The Sumo has been forgotten by TML.
3. Easier to drive.
4. Comparatively more rugged.
5. Lower tax rates and hence cheaper (when the 4 metre clause was in place).
6. Looks significantly better, both outside and in.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 17:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
Yaris already showing declining trend just few months from launch. Volumes are well below main competitors. It was one of the most hyped launches we saw this year.
Yup .. lack of rear headroom and the oddly placed arm rest did them in. And of course, sheer arrogance on the pricing .. it wud have been a runaway success had they priced it sensibly. Jazz went the same way on the pricing front years back .. the market is a big leveler.
kimmig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 12:01   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
Can anyone give Isuzu numbers? Just curious.
Here are some figures of Isuzu from the start of production in 2016 till March 2018.

Quote:
Of the total production, the passenger vehicle segment comprising the Isuzu D-MAX V-Cross and Isuzu MU-X accounted for 5,314 units, while its commercial segment ( S-cab and regular cab) accounted for 4,686 units.

Link
Old 18th July 2018, 12:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
Yup .. lack of rear headroom and the oddly placed arm rest did them in. And of course, sheer arrogance on the pricing .. it wud have been a runaway success had they priced it sensibly. Jazz went the same way on the pricing front years back .. the market is a big leveler.
While I am not a Toyota fan, isn't it a bit too soon to write off the Yaris ? just 3 months into sale. Even the Ciaz which is priced lower isn't doing great numbers. I would watch their sales for another 4-6 months before writing it off. The car still has a selective appeal in my view.
Old 18th July 2018, 12:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
While I am not a Toyota fan, isn't it a bit too soon to write off the Yaris ? just 3 months into sale. Even the Ciaz which is priced lower isn't doing great numbers. I would watch their sales for another 4-6 months before writing it off. The car still has a selective appeal in my view.
Agreed. Speaking of the Ciaz, I suspect a good chunk of its sales are from the government sector and tourism sector, atleast in Delhi NCR. Moreover, the Yaris is a petrol-only sedan.

I feel the Yaris will appeal most to existing Toyota owners. Etios owners looking for an upgrade, or Fortuner owners looking for a smaller car etc.
Old 18th July 2018, 13:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren
S-Cross face lift has almost doubled the sales compared to outgoing model.
This is quite visible on the roads here in Kerala. Not so long ago, it was rare to see an S-Cross on the roads here, but post the facelift, I see many on the roads daily.
Old 18th July 2018, 13:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Ciaz is at the end of its lifecycle with facelift launch next month. Expect its numbers to shoot up once that happens. Right now dealers have been instructed to clear inventory hence it is available for massive discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Jeep or XUV does not figure in this list ? As cash being brought by them is higher than many listed.
I just took the 25 highest selling cars by number and see how much money they are bringing in. They might be in the overall list though.

Last edited by autorahul : 18th July 2018 at 14:00. Reason: Quote added
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks