Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 11:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner

Thanks to Dhavalraj Kamble for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner-innova-recall.jpg

Toyota has recalled the Innova Crysta and Fortuner for wiring harness inspection and taping. It is said that a part of the wiring harness might get damaged by rubbing against another set of wires. A full day is required to complete the task of inspection and repairs. Any repairs, if required are being done under warranty.

According to the company, Innova Crystas manufactured between April 2016 and January 2018 and Fortuner models built between October 2016 and November 2017 are said to be affected by this issue. Cars are being inspected and fixed as and when they arrive at the workshop for regular service or minor repairs.

As part of a separate recall, Toyota has also announced that petrol versions of Innova Crysta and Fortuner manufactured between July 21, 2016 and March 22, 2018 have been recalled for the inspection of fuel hose routing.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2018 at 14:10.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 12:22   #2
BHPian

re: Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Although, Toyota hasn't made an official announcement regarding the recall, cars are being inspected and fixed as and when they arrive at the workshop for regular service or minor repairs.

@TusharK : Please confirm about Toyota official announcement because I can see their announcement section (7th May 2018) clearly mentioned about this recall related to the Crysta wire harness problem. Correct me if I am wrong.

Link: https://www.toyotabharat.com/announcements/

Quote:
Special Service Campaign for Innova Crysta & Fortuner

Toyota Kirloskar Motor [7th May 2018] announced a voluntary Recall/Special Service Campaign (SSC) across India. In line with its commitment to Safety First & Customer Satisfaction, the company is implementing this campaign in India to inspect and repair the wire harness of Toyota Innova Crysta [manufactured between Apr ’16 –Jan ‘18] & Fortuner [manufactured between Oct ’16 –Nov ‘17] models through taping or replacement of such affected wireharness.
Toyota dealers will inform the concerned customers in due course. Customers can also contact the nearest dealer or call the Customer Assistance Centre @ toll - free no. 1800-425-0001 for any query or assistance.
Cheers,
Guru.
Viraj_Guru is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 15:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Was in for 20k service of the Fortuner & asked about the same. Millenium Toyota confirmed that Fortuner's haven't been recalled as of yet, currently only in Innova Crysta this precautionary work is being done.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 15:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

My car was gone for a scheduled 60000 service and the driver had taken it. Toyota called and said there was a campaign and there was some taping required to be done. It will take 2 hours extra and it is Free of charge.

I said ok. I now see this and hence posting it. The car is at toyota as I type it.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 16:36   #5
BHPian

Before my 40k service I had got a call stating about the recall and that it will take 1 hour to do the checking, however as I went there they said the recall has not yet started for the Fortuners.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 19:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

This was done in my Crysta the previous Saturday (8th July) when I visited the dealer to collect a part for my vehicle. It took couple of hours and this particular wiring harness is on top of the engine, so they remove the windshield cowl to get to it, check it and tape it. No replacements were done in mine.

On the Fortuner it will probably be less than an hours job because the engine is easily accessible inside the engine bay and not partially covered like in the semi cab forward design of Innova. So cowl removal is not necessary.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 12:07   #7
BHPian

Re: Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner

Is the recall only for the Petrol variants? My friend reached out to the dealer and was told that this recall if applicable only for the Petrol Variants.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

My dealer confirmed both recalls are applicable on my Diesel 2.4 Vx of 2016 vintage.

HE also said neither is urgent can wait until the next 5k service.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 22:49   #9
BHPian

Had taken the Crysta (diesel) for a Low Oil pressure warning check at Nippon Toyota Enchakkal Trivandrum last saturday. No fault was found. However I see the below in the zero cost bill - SSC - Engine wire harness inspection and taping. Wiring campaign done.

Last edited by kutts : 13th July 2018 at 22:58.
Old 21st July 2018, 16:06   #10
BHPian

Took my Crysta for wiring harness inspection. They said if the wire is cracked then they will just tape it otherwise if it's broken then complete harness will be changed. I am happy to report that no issue was reported in my Crysta. Few are some images of work in progress

Windshield gutter being removed along with the viper motor
Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532168572.678532.jpg
Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532168625.799097.jpg

Wiring harness checking in progress

Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532168648.235381.jpg

It m took less than 1 hour in and out of the service station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks