Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 12:25   #196
Senior - BHPian

I just spoke to one of the dealers whose says the dealership is under construction. He told me that the built quality is like Skodas.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Will rush to the agency asap
Ahhh .... For or against the Logan?

BTW, I wanted to pose a hypothetical question to you? Will raise it in another thread.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:58   #198
Senior - BHPian

Drifter has posted elsewhere in this thread that the car is way ahead of the Tatas in terms of build etc plus he says the diesel is torquey. These two important points can be a plus for the Logan. I saw the dealership at Prabhadevi Mumbai. The weekend should be a good time to do the test drive if they have started offering those.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:11   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Can anyone do a favor and have a tabular comparison of base models ( diesel ) of Indigo/Logan/Fiesta ? ( with prices )
I think comparing Logan with Fiesta is not a good thing. The car m y be smaller than Logan but Logan D base model do not have any features. Fiesta base has almost all goodies like trunk light, all power windows and some other stuff. Logan base model is just like esteem Lxi which have a power steering.

And I don't think Logan will be as refined as Fiesta / Verna.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:30   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

They're advertising it as "India's first wide-body car". Clever dig for its segments and at its competitor.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:37   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I think comparing Logan with Fiesta is not a good thing. The car m y be smaller than Logan but Logan D base model do not have any features. Fiesta base has almost all goodies like trunk light, all power windows and some other stuff. Logan base model is just like esteem Lxi which have a power steering.

Actually It was in continuation to GTO's comment. Trying to compare closest to each other Diesel Sedan. I know comparison won't be fair w.r.t Fiesta. What you loose/gain in terms of features in logan for price sensitive market.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:39   #202
Senior - BHPian

I think we should reserve our judgement about the Logan till one of us actually test drive the car ourselves. Only then we can come to conclusion if the refinment levels are other things are on par with other cars in this segment. A first hand experience should help.

There is a big difference in what we "think" and what its actually is
Old 4th April 2007, 13:41   #203
BHPian

The base model GL does not come with PS as per the e-brochure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Old 4th April 2007, 13:43   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I think we should reserve our judgement about the Logan till one of us actually test drive the car ourselves. Only then we can come to conclusion if the refinment levels are other things are on par with other cars in this segment. A first hand experience should help.

There is a big difference in what we "think" and what its actually is
Yes I agree with that
but we know few features like Power windows,central locking missing when you are spending more than 6 lacs on base diesel version. No need to drive for that.
Old 4th April 2007, 14:12   #205
BHPian

Our forum is mostly filled with "enthusiasts". The Logan was definitely not conceived to appeal to us folks. Look at the engine specs and you will agree with me. All engines are simple 8 valve/cyl engines. They are basically targetting the B+ and entry C segments and hoping to have some potential C segment customers have a look at the Logan with the top end version. The top end versions feature set is pretty decent and so is the price. Did you notice there is no side on view of the car in the gallery? It has been deliberately done because it will accentuate the boxy shape.

All in all its a thumbs up from me. The performance, ride and handling are not going to figure in the success or failure of this car.
Old 4th April 2007, 14:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Did you notice there is no side on view of the car in the gallery? It has been deliberately done because it will accentuate the boxy shape.
Not a single customer is going to book a car in the Internet right? Obviously he/she is going to go to the show room and look @ the car. So, if it's boxy, bulky or boomy would be the end result declared by the buyer.

If you ask me, i would say, i like the car in all views / angle's with respect to design...

Cheers,
Jai...
Old 4th April 2007, 15:21   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Ahhh .... For or against the Logan?

BTW, I wanted to pose a hypothetical question to you? Will raise it in another thread.
Well never i am never against any cars ... and logan is from my Parent company..(M&M)

i would be running for the Advertisments in My MAgazine.

Hypothetical question to me??? Please let me know what would be?? and which thread do i have to look in?
Old 4th April 2007, 15:33   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Not a single customer is going to book a car in the Internet right? Obviously he/she is going to go to the show room and look @ the car. So, if it's boxy, bulky or boomy would be the end result declared by the buyer.
My dear freind...car purchase is a highly involved decision making process. It will be some time before the car is seen in the flesh. Invariably, the first point of visual impact is the internet. A person who is interested in buying a car will normally research it through the net or magazines before dropping by the showroom. You too would probably do the same. If the car is not visually appealing, it is likely that the potential customer would put the car at the end of the list or eliminate it all together. In fact if you go through this thread itself, there are one or two people belonging to this forum who seem to have ruled out the car on looks alone after visiting the gallery on the website.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th April 2007 at 00:14. Reason: editing quotation
Old 4th April 2007, 16:25   #209
BWN
BHPian

I Got some info from some of my french colleagues. They say that Logan is a good value for money, and is quite well built and is comparable with other renault products like megane etc... Diesel is the same available across europe and its quite drivable and dosnt seem to be underpowered for the car.One guy's brother owns it.

He saw the website and confirmed that the interiors are much better that the European Logan.But still mahindra will enjoy a good amount of margins in india.top end retails at close to 9000 euros, but its almost 6.5 lacs in india.
Old 4th April 2007, 16:28   #210
BHPian

There is a video on the NDTV website and it talks about Logan launch.

NDTV.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks