Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 08:16   #226
BHPian

70k difference between indigo and logan diesel is not a big sum when you consider taxi operators' cash flow. They can easily charge more per km for logan, at least Rs.1 plus it most likely consumes less diesel than Indigo and the loan amount monthly repayment is probably offset by these two factors

For a 5000km run every month, even 1kmpl extra means approx. Rs. 700 cash in hand. Loan for an extra 70k is about Rs.1,500 extra per month assuming 5yrs+13%. Even charging same price for Indigo and Logan per km, taxi guys lose almost nothing
Old 5th April 2007, 08:19   #227
BHPian

Logan Safety

The car may be the same, the dies may be the same, but are we correct in assuming that the sheet metal used for body parts and other chassis parts are the same? In terms of quality, alloy, thickness, specificiations, supply source etc. I mean. In Europe for European safety standards they may use different stuff.
Old 5th April 2007, 08:54   #228
BHPian

Have you seen todays TOI. There was an ad on Tata Indigo now pricing at 3.8 lkhs. Clearly shows the impact of Logan on other auto players. Perhaps Ford and Esteem prices could also see a correction?
Old 5th April 2007, 09:33   #229
Senior - BHPian

one more crash test video:
Old 5th April 2007, 09:54   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
70k difference between indigo and logan diesel is not a big sum when you consider taxi operators' cash flow. They can easily charge more per km for logan, at least Rs.1 plus it most likely consumes less diesel than Indigo and the loan amount monthly repayment is probably offset by these two factors

For a 5000km run every month, even 1kmpl extra means approx. Rs. 700 cash in hand. Loan for an extra 70k is about Rs.1,500 extra per month assuming 5yrs+13%. Even charging same price for Indigo and Logan per km, taxi guys lose almost nothing
How do you know that the Logan consumes less fuel?

The Logan has to be a lot better than the Indigo to justify the 1lakh price difference.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:13   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
What other cars are against the Logan besides the Indigo?

Esteem @ 4.4
Swift @ 4.04
Getz @ 3.9
Fiesta @ 5.8
Aveo @ 5.9
Fusion @ 5.7
Kanak, Add the Ikon to the list.
i think its 4.9 ex-showroom.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:58   #232
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the Logan is built anything like the Skoda (as mentioned in a previous post) Tata's can kiss their Indigo market goodbye. Indians want space and a boot, even if there are no roads left to haul all that space on.
Dont write the Indigo away just yet. It is also "tough" built and has built a formidable reputation for providing great FE, good ride quality and cheap ownership. Also, Tata has the edge in terms of brand and sales / service network. No one knows Renault while Mahindra is not exactly the name that comes up when talking of sedans.

Quote:
70k difference between indigo and logan diesel is not a big sum when you consider taxi operators' cash flow.
You better be kidding us. 70,000 or a 15% price differential is a LOT of money. Especially to the taxi operators.

One huge omission on Mahindras part is not providing a mid-equipped diesel. Theres a base and a fully loaded...what about the best of both worlds?
Old 5th April 2007, 10:58   #233
Senior - BHPian

Guys. the website is up and running.

Mahindra Renault - Logan

I am going to the dealership to get more info. will post later.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 5th April 2007 at 11:09.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:27   #234
BHPian

I was quite looking forward to the launch of Logan. I guess I will have to see the car in person to decide if the hype about it was worth it or not.
Old 5th April 2007, 12:50   #235
Senior - BHPian

We could have done better with the Logan

Am I missing something here? A article in TOI says "We could have done better with the Logan". I immediately clicked on the link wondering who in Mahindra-Renault isn't happy about their new car. The article starts off talking about Carlos Ghosn's visit to Logan plant in Nashik. I start wondering if Ghosn himself said that! Read through the whole article for more.

A Times of India report: WE could have done better with the Logan.

EDIT: OK I guess TOI bungled up. There is another news report where Carlos Ghosn was asked about the Logans no frills look and he said he agreed they could have done things better but he would rather have volumes then design a beatiful car that doesn't sell.

Report: HERE.

The diesel pricing is disappointing. It seems too expensive considering we have been told that the car would be cheap. Like someone said, the car has cheap features but not cheap pricing. Let's see if the buyers bite the bait. Let's see the car for real and them maybe things will be clearer on whether the car can be a good buy or not.

Last edited by amit : 5th April 2007 at 13:00.
Old 5th April 2007, 12:52   #236
BHPian

I think 120 mm of width over the indigo was mentioned. thats a considerable thing isn't it ??? of course it needs to be seen how they have used it.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:00   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Am I missing something here? A article in TOI says "We could have done better with the Logan". I immediately clicked on the link wondering who in Mahindra-Renault isn't happy about their new car. The article starts off talking about Carlos Ghosn's visit to Logan plant in Nashik. I start wondering if Ghosn himself said that! Read through the whole article for more.

A Times of India report: WE could have done better with the Logan.
utter confusion !

I guess writer himself expected much more from Logan and he is not aware what he is writing.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:04   #238
BHPian

i wouldn't be surprised if that headline`was intentional. TOI is going the tabloid way. sensationalist masala reporting.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:22   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How do you know that the Logan consumes less fuel?

The Logan has to be a lot better than the Indigo to justify the 1lakh price difference.

No one knows, that's why I said 'likely'. Based on Auto India review of dacia logan (Nov. 2006) where they say it gives 21kmpl on diesel. We have to wait and see.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:36   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You better be kidding us. 70,000 or a 15% price differential is a LOT of money. Especially to the taxi operators.
The taxi market is little bit more sophisticated/complicated than we give credit for. And it becoming more so. They are not all low end guys scrapping every last rupee.. For instance, many delhi call center operators use tavera, not sumo. In bangalore, lots of Innovas are being used by taxi operators - and i was told it is not for the carrying capacity but for the 'image'. they charge Rs.10+ per Km. Most still carry 2-3 guys but senior execs who wont hire sumo even Qualis..

Time will say, but I think if price gap is R.70k and fuel eff. is 2-3 km/l more, plus the image factor and extra space, boot etc., many taxis would go for this, particularly the operators with many vehicles. let us watch the space

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks