Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 13:33   #46
elf
BANNED

Going by aah78's & navdeep's responses from the company / employees, this is probably the strangest launch I've seen. They're creating hype nearly 4 months in advance by way of TV ads, etc. Wonder how they'll sustain it...
Old 4th January 2007, 15:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

This is Something similar to what Bajaj did with its P220 Fi bike. the ads were up almost 6 months back & still no news on all India launch(The current launch is only in Pune.. even this came 6 month after it was displayed)

Btw I am wondering if the promo snippets are already on air what were they shooting in Lonalava
Old 4th January 2007, 15:50   #48
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
... Btw I am wondering if the promo snippets are already on air what were they shooting in Lonalava
Methinks they'll have a series of adverts then to keep the interest high in the upcoming product.

The current TV advert just shows some Matrix / Mission Impossible type of shots with them saying it's not Japanese or German, with a rear shot of the vehicle nameplate.

Guess the Lonavala shoot may be for print / or may show more by way of a new lot of TV adverts...
Old 4th January 2007, 15:55   #49

some inetersting facts about logan
Renault Dacia Logan Car in Romania
Old 4th January 2007, 15:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Going by aah78's & navdeep's responses from the company / employees, this is probably the strangest launch I've seen. They're creating hype nearly 4 months in advance by way of TV ads, etc. Wonder how they'll sustain it...
well we all know these hype have great effect on indian minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
still no news on all India launch(The current launch is only in Pune.. even this came 6 month after it was displayed)
I have seen a couple Pulsar 220 here in chandigarh.. Although no advertisements in this region.

Last edited by adya33 : 4th January 2007 at 18:24.
Old 4th January 2007, 16:00   #51

look at what designer of LOGAN Kenneth Melville had to say about competition to logan

Q: Who do you see as the key competition for the Logan? Did you use any particular auto maker as a benchmark?
A: We looked very closely at Tata Motors in India. From a design point of view, they're doing interesting things. They're trying to build more modern-looking cars. The Tata Indigo is a rival, but it's a little more expensive than the Logan.

Got this from the site
Renault Dacia Logan Car in Romania
Old 4th January 2007, 19:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They're creating hype nearly 4 months in advance by way of TV ads, etc. Wonder how they'll sustain it...
I guess they want every prospective buyer in that category to postpose purchases and wait for the Logan. Interestingly Indigo DICOR launch should happen at the same time frame.
Old 4th January 2007, 19:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I guess they want every prospective buyer in that category to postpose purchases and wait for the Logan. Interestingly Indigo DICOR launch should happen at the same time frame.
Hey guys it is posted somewhere in the same forum that Indigo Dicor will be launched on 16th Jan. I have a feeling that whatever they may write in emails they will launch it in Feb. It doesnt make business sense to advertise (and pump in that much money) just to create the hype and mind you lot of people are waiting to buy a new vehicle, you know people like me who were waiting just for the year to change. Another reason why I say Feb is that by 18th-20th Feb the budget will be out and they would have a clearer picture as far as pricing goes. Also lot of people buy cars in March to avail depriciation so one would not like to miss out on that opertunity.
Old 5th January 2007, 08:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Another reason why I say Feb is that by 18th-20th Feb the budget will be out and they would have a clearer picture as far as pricing goes. Also lot of people buy cars in March to avail depriciation so one would not like to miss out on that opertunity.
you have a point ...
Old 5th January 2007, 09:00   #55
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I found some spy shots of the Right Hand Drive Logan on the internet. There is a picture of the RHD dashboard too. It is also mentioned that it will be manufactured in India and even be sold in UK!

Link
Old 5th January 2007, 09:48   #56
BHPian

Well, thanks for the one who posted the picture. Car looks smart.

Yeah as some one commented, i hope it's not going to be like Mahindra Ford.

The catch is " it's going to be cheaper than indigo "

As well i think this car is going to sell.

And regarding the Media hype, waat's is it all about? pardon my ignorace, it's been some time, ever i saw that entertainment box.

cheers,
Jai
Old 5th January 2007, 10:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Methinks they'll have a series of adverts then to keep the interest high in the upcoming product.

The current TV advert just shows some Matrix / Mission Impossible type of shots with them saying it's not Japanese or German, with a rear shot of the vehicle nameplate.

Guess the Lonavala shoot may be for print / or may show more by way of a new lot of TV adverts...
One interesting point the advert had one Firang male model Couldnt see the girl properly :P So may be they are showing Europe in Lonavla

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I have seen a couple Pulsar 220 here in chandigarh.. Although no advertisements in this region.
Wow thats a news for me thanks for the info :-)
Old 5th January 2007, 10:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

What I heard and read about Logan is it will win big time for its right pricing. But future will tell about it.

If swift diesel costs on road 6.4 lacs then logan is worth even if it has less FE compared with Swift.

Since Logan is entry level sedan it will be great buy if priced well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th January 2007, 19:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

What about the renault logan MCV/MPV?Will it be launched simultaneously along with the sedan?
Old 19th January 2007, 11:13   #60
BHPian

Mahindra Renault Logan

Mahindra Renault's Logan sedan, due for debut soon, will be priced under Rs 5 lakh to take on competition from the likes of Esteem, Aveo, Ikon, Indigo, Fiesta, City and Verna. With that tag, the Logan will be the most aggressively-priced petrol sedan in the mid-sized market and may even trigger a price war in the bottom-end of that segment.

A company source confirmed that the Logan (1.4 litre petrol) will be priced about Rs 4.5 lakh which means its on road price will not exceed Rs 5 lakh. “The pricing will be one of the main USPs of this car. When combined with the kind of seating room and boot space the Logan offers, the price becomes even more attractive in its segment,” said a company source. Though Mumbai-based dealers are not very clear on the exact pricing strategy, they have indicated that the Logan petrol's ex-showroom price will be around Rs 4.5-5 lakh. Top financiers also confirmed that the Logan will be priced under Rs 5 lakh. When contacted Mahindra Renault MD Rajesh Jejurikar said: “The car will be very attractively priced but we can't give any more information on that till it is officially launched.”

If the Logan comes with a sub-Rs 5 lakh tag, it would offer serious competition to the likes of the Suzuki Esteem (Rs 4.3-5.3 lakh) Ford Ikon (Rs 4.7-4.9 lakh) and Fiat Petra (Rs 3.4-5.9 lakh). The impact though will also be felt on models not necessarily in its price or positioning category like hot hatches Swift (Rs 3.9-5.3 lakh) and Getz (Rs 3.9-5.4 lakh) or pricier saloons like the Chevy Aveo (Rs 5.7-7.2 lakh), Ford Fiesta (Rs 5.7-7.6 lakh), Hyundai Verna (Rs 6.2-7.7 lakh) and Honda City (Rs 6.7-8.4 lakh). Also, the diesel version of the car (1.5 litre engine), slated to be launched later on, will offer stiff competition to the Tata Indigo, Hyundai Accent and Verna diesels as well as the yet-to-be-launched Maruti Swift diesel.

Though there is no information on the exact launch date, the Mahindra Renault website says that bookings details will be given after April 1. Mahindra Renault will use a distribution base of 196 dealerships to sell the car and will have 104 authorised service centres across the country. Although there are no confirmations from the company, analysts say the Logan will soon have a range of variants including a station wagon and a hatch back. The Mahindra Renault JV has invested Rs 700 crore for a 50,000 unit per annum capacity in Nashik.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks