Old 29th March 2007, 17:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

He obviously meant Bolero
Old 29th March 2007, 17:09   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Jeep to Baleno?????????????????????
Bolero ... its ok .. baleno is always on the mind when you are tbhp ..
Old 30th March 2007, 12:08   #108
BHPian

Any pics of the new Logan
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:43   #109
BHPian

Logan Launch Date 4th April!

As per Business Standard (2nd April) Logan will be launched at Nasik plant on 4th April in the presence of Maharashtra CM.
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:51   #110
Team-BHP Support

Threads merged. Please do a search before starting new topics.
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

cartech, do u have a link?
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:14   #112
BHPian

http://www.business-standard.com/com...&autono=279610
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

what might be interesting is their 1.5DCi engine...else it may just be another plain vanilla car from Renault!!
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Has anyone had a look at the specs of wheelbase and width of the logan,
The wheelbase reads 2630 mm for the logan sedan and a width of 1735 mm(again for the logan sedan),compare this to the toyota corolla wheelbase = 2600 mm and width = 1705 mm.

Does this mean more/similar interior space to the toyota corolla.
I recall a review on television where they compared the rear legroom to that in a Corolla. I think they were on par. With such a long wheelbase, I wonder if the TCR is big too. It would totally suck to drive this in the city then.
Old 2nd April 2007, 23:12   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
I had personally seen this vehicle at the 77th Geneva Motor Show held recently. I had a good look at the exterior and the interior... 07. A very basic car in all aspects.... eat up the low end Indigos. 10. Better than Esteem but falls short of Ikon.
Neat observations Sushant. The Dacia Logan as it is sold in other el-cheapo markets is a very very boring looking car. Renault must have put it's oldest and most thakaau designers on this job, presuming that buyers in cheaper markets dont know any better (maybe they dont!). The vehicle looks really dated, though good fit finish would automatically put it in nearly the same class as the Fiesta and Verna. I think the Fiesta is a very very middle of the road style too. Much of the work on that car was done by Holden, GM's acquisition in australia. Does not have the Detroit flair. See the Logan pic below

Actually it is rumoured to topple under certain conditions like sharp cornering at high speeds. (see pic below). Man! whoever heard of a sedan toppling over on its own volition.

I like this version though - the Logan Steppe concept. I wish M&M had stuck to their off-roader roots rather than launch another boring sedan. This proto was made (but not designed) by our very own DC.
Old 3rd April 2007, 08:22   #116
Team-BHP Support

Main reason fo the Logan's existence and boring looks is cost, cost and cost. It uses Clio engines and suspension componentswhere economies of scales keep costs down. The rest of the car is designed with cost in mind, panels have less curves and are designed to be assembled in jigs using labour intensive methods to reduce fixed costs due to high capital. Dash is a one piece moulding (not sure in India where it is being upgraded).

The attractive costs means that no one minds the looks but admires it's value. Renault had to relearn how to do proper manual windows as most f their cars were electric. Safety ratings are low as the cost of beefing up to 5 star NCAP causes additional weight and cost. Unfortunately, cheap and 5 star do not go together.

View it like a 4 door Scorpio - does not excel in any area but a great value package.

BTW - the Logan is booked out solid in Iran for months
Note that journali
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:17   #117
BHPian

CNBC TV18 is reporting that that the Logan has benn launched. Rs.4.6L to 5.~ lacs.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

Logan Diesel 1.5 is a very nice car to drive with all the torque. Ride quality is impressive as all European cars are (feels like a mini skoda). Build quality is nice too. Interior plastice is tacky and cheap and shiny.

Petrol 1.4 is no fun to drive and its FE is nothing great too.

Petrol 1.6 is quite ok to drive - FE of about 10-11. The fully loaded top end version comes with driver side airbag.

Also heard the base model is with black bumpers and no power steering. The base model won't be available in white, you know why.

Information from my sources.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The base model won't be available in white, you know why.
For the fear of becoming a Taxi ??
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:39   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Logan Diesel 1.5 is a very nice car to drive with all the torque. Ride quality is impressive as all European cars are (feels like a mini skoda). Build quality is nice too. Interior plastice is tacky and cheap and shiny.

Petrol 1.4 is no fun to drive and its FE is nothing great too.

Petrol 1.6 is quite ok to drive - FE of about 10-11. The fully loaded top end version comes with driver side airbag.

Also heard the base model is with black bumpers and no power steering. The base model won't be available in white, you know why.
Drivers side airbag on the top end version, thats a good touch.
The 1.4 petrol and the 1.5 diesel is where the volumes will come from.

Releasing the base model with black bumpers is like going back in time. I guess none of the other C- segmenters follow this principle. Not something i like.

I dont think not having the base model in white is going to make so much of a difference. One sees cabs in colors other than white too nowadays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks