Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 10:28   #271
Senior - BHPian

I think the Logan is a worthy competitor for Tata Indigo if the quality of the interiors is good enough. The pricing too is competitive. I like the grille that the car comes with more than what was shown in the pre-launch pictures and the pictures in the dimensions posted above.

It will surely succeed in India. The deliveries are supposed to start in May.
Old 7th April 2007, 10:38   #272
Senior - BHPian

Even Ford Fiesta diesel compares itself to Merc C class in terms of refinement levels.
The point is, if their is an aspect of car (eg. space, NVH etc.) that *is* comparable or even better than a car much above its segment, i dont see any wrong in that being advertised.
From the pics atleast the rear space does look comparable(maybe better!) to C-class (which itself is not too spacious anyway considering its a Merc). So whats the harm if they are advertising the same?

Last edited by DCEite : 7th April 2007 at 10:48.
Old 7th April 2007, 11:13   #273
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
saw Tata's lastest advt in a local newspaper. Tata Indigo XL series starts from 3.9Lac (without ac I guess)
the price in ad clearly mentions as indigo V series not XL. i think it for base model petrol version
Old 7th April 2007, 11:38   #274
BHPian

Agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Nothing New..Some times back , there was an ad for Baleno by Maruti , which said it has an AC better than the mercedes C class.. This was extensively used in the print media and in their product brochures..

As long as the claims are backed up by facts, ( in this case dimensions , easy to measure and crosscheck ), see nothing wrong in comparative ads..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
Even Ford Fiesta diesel compares itself to Merc C class in terms of refinement levels.
The point is, if their is an aspect of car (eg. space, NVH etc.) that *is* comparable or even better than a car much above its segment, i dont see any wrong in that being advertised.
From the pics atleast the rear space does look comparable(maybe better!) to C-class (which itself is not too spacious anyway considering its a Merc). So whats the harm if they are advertising the same?
I agree with the points. But people buy Mercs for a different reason altogether. May be prospective buyers can feel its as wide as Merc C Class. I think they are trying to project you get space and comfort of C class or above for much lesser price.

Has any one been in the back seat of a Logan, comments please.
Old 7th April 2007, 13:37   #275
BHPian

diesel price points are good in comparisn to the Fiesta, CRDI etc but this is certainly a Indigo killer..
Old 7th April 2007, 15:48   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Interesting website. Especially the first click.
Mahindra Renault - Logan

The pics on this site are fantastic. M&M and Renault surely have a winner on their hands. The interior does not look cheap!! Leg room at rear too is very good.
Old 7th April 2007, 18:24   #277
BHPian

This is not only going to be an indigo killer but a fiesta killer as well. Because its interiors are comparable with fiesta( more roomier than ford) the ac vents, sitting position etc. I think it will be easy to get in and out from logan than from fiesta. Its handling may not be as good as ford s' but ride could be better.
Old 7th April 2007, 19:47   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
This is not only going to be an indigo killer but a fiesta killer as well. Because its interiors are comparable with fiesta( more roomier than ford)
Ironic, because M&M were Ford's first partners in India, before Ford bought out the other half of the JV stake. Bad for Ford, good for us.
Old 7th April 2007, 21:17   #279
BHPian

Some comments for the similar 2005 Dacia Logan from Romania -

2005 Dacia Logan Comments - Carsurvey.org
Old 7th April 2007, 23:10   #280
BHPian

Interior quality is poor, the assembly and materials are inspired by light lorries.Not modern enough.The car uses many components that appeared years ago.
Old 7th April 2007, 23:52   #281
BHPian

Was watching car & bike show anchored by Siddharth Patankar on NDTV profit. He said that the car launched in India is better designed than the one that was in Europe.
Haven't seen a Logan on road till now and some one in above post has said that on websites all cars look good, so on seeing it on tv gave better perspective of dimensions and space inside. Now i haven't sat in a Merc yet but Logan did look very spacious from inside.

During an interview in running car, Siddharth Patankar and Anand Mahindra were sitting at the ends of back seat and it seemed a very big adult can sit between them comfortably.

Acc to him Diesel version was a fun to drive than petrol version even thought diesel engine gave out modest BHP. And finally it was more of a passenger's car rather than Driver's car

P.S. : I can't couch for integrity of these Auto Shows but i have found that car n bike show at NDTV do give a honest opinion.
Old 8th April 2007, 08:45   #282
Senior - BHPian

Logan is spacious for sure. If one is being driven its really worth buying Logan based on what I heard about Logan.

Ravi.
Old 8th April 2007, 09:54   #283
Senior - BHPian

Renault Logan: Ugly car.
Seen 2-3 on the road and its hideous from the rear.
Old 8th April 2007, 13:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

NDTV had a detailed pragramme on the logan just a few mins ago. they also interviewed Carlos Ghosn and Anand Mahindra.

after the test drive here is what they had to say

NVH same on both petrol and diesel which makes diesel better than petrol
petrol engine lack grunt against diesel which again is just average
LCD display is an excellent touch (a la opel)
SRP airbag a surprise
power windows buttons on the central console both in front and back
frequent gear changes needed in city on petrols
no remote boot release which may make it to the final release or an update
metallic insert gear knob and ac vents liven up interiors
no badging anywhere on the car to show which engine its running and which model.

Overall I am impressed by the first looks of it. Will test drive one as soon as possible.
Old 8th April 2007, 15:02   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Renault Logan: Ugly car.
Seen 2-3 on the road and its hideous from the rear.
yeah i agree its not as impressive as it should be....but then i find i lot better than Hyundai Verna. For Verna it seems like it has been bitten everywhere by wasp.All swollen up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

power windows buttons on the central console both in front and back.
That was really a put off....imagine people sitting in the back bending their back each time when they have to lower their windows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks