Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2007, 11:30   #376
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Team-BHP is not a representative sample of the Indian car buying public. Otherwise the only cars on the roads would be VTECs, Balenos and Palios. Don't worry, it takes more than some opinions on a message board to decide whether the car will be a hit or not.
i agree with u. though LOGAN is not getting a favourable response from our car gyaans, it will be a successful product, since M&M has a gud reputation after the success of the SCORP and LOGAN also comes with gud styling, far better than INDIGO, VERNA , FIESTA etc.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:36   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
LOGAN also comes with gud styling, far better than INDIGO, VERNA , FIESTA etc.
Am I missing something here
Old 13th April 2007, 11:40   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Base model has no power steering???
Right Steer, the base no-frills version comes with no power steering.

Taken from the site:

Talking about power options, seems the power window controls are fitted on the center, as against being positioned on the doors, ala the Scorpio. Looks like M&M were able to impose that on Renault. How much of a pain/comfortable is that?
Old 13th April 2007, 11:52   #379
BHPian

I personally donot agree with Mr. Bijoy. Logan is not that good the way he has tried to portray. He tried to compare the Logan with Fiesta/Verna/NHC, commenting 1-1.5 lakh cheap from them. The comparison is not justified. Logan does not have PS and all four PW in their variants. VFM is totally restricted to space,space and space. Personally I cannot imagine myself spending more than 6 lacs on D version with no PW. I cannot remember getting any car in this price with no PW.

Seems Bijoy has been paid to write that review ( by Mahindra-Renault ).This is purely my view. Member have full rights to disagree with me.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:45   #380
Team-BHP Support

saw 2 showrooms for logan here newly built.

one just before the Hebbal flyover on the right going towards yelahanka.

the other on palace cross road leading to guttahalli.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:53   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I personally donot agree with Mr. Bijoy. Logan is not that good the way he has tried to portray. He tried to compare the Logan with Fiesta/Verna/NHC, commenting 1-1.5 lakh cheap from them. The comparison is not justified. Logan does not have PS and all four PW in their variants. VFM is totally restricted to space,space and space. Personally I cannot imagine myself spending more than 6 lacs on D version with no PW. I cannot remember getting any car in this price with no PW.
Well Navdeep its only the petrol GL model which comes without PS. Entry level Diesel (DLE) is with PS but without PW.
DLS (costing 6.4 ex showroom) is with all the goodies (all four PW, PS, HVAC, Airbag, Lumbar support, driver seat adjust etc.)
Old 13th April 2007, 13:01   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems Bijoy has been paid to write that review ( by Mahindra-Renault ).This is purely my view. Member have full rights to disagree with me.
Quite likely - BSM have always had a decided Mahindra tilt and a known anti-Tata bias. I think there's some history behind it, but that in no way justifies how he influences the reading public.

It is an article where the car has been couched in very ambiguous language to give the general impression that it is better than what it might be. You cant make it stick against him because he hasnt said anywhere that the car really is great, but that is the overall impression that the article manages to create.

Very creative writing, but from a very crooked mind. To think that I used to be a fan of his when I was younger....
Old 13th April 2007, 13:08   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
Entry level Diesel (DLE) is with PS but without PW.
I would like to repeat this
Quote:
Personally I cannot imagine myself spending more than 6 lacs ( OTR ) on D version with no PW.
Quote:
DLS (costing 6.4 ex showroom) is with all the goodies (all four PW, PS, HVAC, Airbag, Lumbar support, driver seat adjust etc.)
Can DLS be compared/prefered to Fiesta ( any D variant )/Verna/ NHC. Is it low priced ( what is being projected )

Last edited by navdeep : 13th April 2007 at 13:09.
Old 13th April 2007, 14:58   #384
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Very creative writing, but from a very crooked mind. To think that I used to be a fan of his when I was younger....
Wholeheartedly agree. The Aveo UVA incident only confirmed my doubts that BSMotoring has gone to the dogs.
Old 13th April 2007, 17:40   #385
BHPian

This kind of bias is clearly evident when we read articles in our automobile magazines. May our auto journalists have learned something from indian bureaucracy and politics that they write like this.
Old 14th April 2007, 12:31   #386
BHPian

Renault Logan - A First Look

The first look at the Renault Logan suggests that the Renault Guys never wanted the elite to take a look at their first attempt in India. This car is reserved for the deserving middle class, who wouldn’t mind the quality of the overall build. From the pictures, if you notice closely you’ll see that the Logan doesn’t even have a quarter glass at the back.
Mahindra Renault Logan will be an entry-level car and that’s all it will be, I hope. Logan is expected to be an affordable (cheap), reliable (“value for money” notice the quotes), durable (Mom, look! No repairs for the first 12 months), and low maintenance car (the spare parts would be cheap). It supposedly has several features that will appeal to Indian car buyers in the entry-level sedan category. These include sufficiently tall ride height, easy entry and exit, fuel-efficient engine and extra-large boot volume (all of 510 liters). I do agree with the fact that Logans are spacious inside. But they pretty much have nothing else to boast about.
The car’s looks are a bit odd; some people would love it, some people won’t. I fall in the negative category. I just have this vague feeling that Renault would follow its French predecessor Pal Peugeot if it doesn’t clean up its act in the Indian Market. Come on guys, bring on the Megane and Laguna. We’ve got enough dosh to splash.

Renault Logan - A First Look

Last edited by navdeep : 14th April 2007 at 12:32.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:23   #387
BHPian

I agree Navdeep. I hope Renault Mahindra doesn't go the Pal Peugeot way. Logan seems to be so dated, just like the very typical 309 - so dead old even before the curtains have been raised. I hope Mahindra atleast brings on good stables from Renault later, and launch Logan in a price range where it deserves to be.

Last edited by scorp 1 : 14th April 2007 at 14:26.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:44   #388
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Logan is globally in the very high volume league!

Since its September 2004 launch, over 4,50,000 Logans have been purchased worldwide.

In 2007, production has started up in Iran, India and Brazil.

Logan is currently manufactured in seven countries, is sold in fifty-five markets.

Following introduction in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador, the Logan will be launched under the Renault brand in Argentina in May 2007 and in Brazil in July 2007 thus increasing the markets that the car is sold to a total of fifty-seven countries.

The Brazilian & Argentinean Logans will be built at Renault’s Ayrton Senna Complex in Curitiba, Brazil. Renault will also sell the Logan as a Nissan within Mexico later in 2007.

Renault's Commitment 2009 plan envisages 8,00,000 vehicle sales this year.

In the Americas, Logan is assembled by SOFASA S.A. in Envigado, Colombia.
Marketing began in September 2005 in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador.
Considerably successful in Europe, the Logan range has been extended to an estate version (Logan MCV) and a utility version (Logan Van).

Jan and Feb 2007 saw 5,500 Logan MCVs sold in Europe and Turkey.
In Iran, Logan is known as Tondar-90. In just one week, Iranians ordered almost 85,000 vehicles, which is equivalent to the year's total production.

Renault has two Iranian partners – Iran Khodro and Pars Khodro. Iranian production capacity will reach 300,000 units per year by 2009.

The first Indian Logan rolled out of the Nashik factory on April 4, 2007 -- the fruit of Renault's expertise in
product and process engineering, quality and purchasing,
plus Mahindra's production expertise, frugal approach and in-depth understanding of the Indian market, supported by the commitment of the workers working in the factory.

So friends, with such a gargantuan following, there will be a huge supply of parts and accessories worldwide for the Logan. We Team-BHPians can expect to see zillions of modded variants.

The best is yet to come.

Ram
Old 14th April 2007, 16:00   #389
BHPian

wipers

the ndtv CnB show says that they have retained the winshield wipers which were used in LHD logans. Isnt that dangerous unless the wipers start at the highest speed while we switch it on
coz it would clean the drivers view last ...
it would be an issue while we switch it on(the first wipe) though
Old 14th April 2007, 16:43   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on guys, bring on the Megane and Laguna. We’ve got enough dosh to splash.
I really hope they bring in the Megane , Clio and Laguna but Carlos Ghosn was talking about wanting to launch a $3,000-3,500 car in India during the Logan launch function. At the moment, it looks like Renault is obsessed with cheap cars for India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks