Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 17:24   #406
Senior - BHPian

the logan seems to have bombed...not many have been seen in mumbai even though i live a stone's throw away from the mahindra logan showroom at chowpatty.never seen any excitement around that showroom considering mahindra renault launched it with so much hulabaloo and made such a hue and cry about the low cost and high value of the car. is the logan having production niggles or has it just plain bombed?
has mahindra made a mistake???? cos the logan is definitely not a looker..nor is it a tyre burning experience on the road.build quality is better on a maruti and the overall package is not too appealing.i think mahindra lost their way somewhere down the line...
Old 12th May 2007, 17:46   #407
BHPian

If its a good car and good service like scorpio then it is sure gonna be hit forget the swift's and fabia's it will be not the competition then...........

All the market will go to Logans.........
Old 12th May 2007, 20:03   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP View Post
If its a good car and good service like scorpio then it is sure gonna be hit forget the swift's and fabia's it will be not the competition then...........

All the market will go to Logans.........
huh? have you read wats written in the earlier pages or was that just a random statement?
Old 12th May 2007, 22:14   #409
Team-BHP Support

I pity the Mahindra renault. they took cost cutting a bit too far. to add to that they thought they could get away by pricing it on the higher side.

Sadly for them it dint work and even bad luck the SX4 got launched in short time thereby affecting the sales of their top end models.

Expect them to come out in white colour soon to atleast target the taxi segment.

Havent seen a single Logan on the road as of yet and hardly a crowd at the logan showrooms.
Old 13th May 2007, 02:58   #410
elf
BANNED

Well, I've seen a fair amount of them. Minimum of two a day, & went upto around 8-9 a coupla days ago.
Old 13th May 2007, 09:03   #411
Senior - BHPian

The reason you have not seen them is that deliveries have not started in many places. In NOIDA the first lot arrived yesterday and deliveries will start from tomorrow. By the way, went back to the showroom yesterday...drove the 1.6 & 1.5. Found the 1.5 better. They have launched a new variant in diesel too. a basic one, The DLE with A/C & power steering at Rs. 6.06L on road (NOIDA).

Last edited by ashutoshb : 13th May 2007 at 09:06. Reason: typo error
Old 13th May 2007, 09:11   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The reason you have not seen them is that deliveries have not started in many places. In NOIDA the first lot arrived yesterday and deliveries will start from tomorrow.
Spot on. Deliveries are staggered and yet to start all over India. Bangalore is likely to get its first lot by May 20th. ( confimed bookings for Logan in Bangalore alone has crossed 350..) which means a waiting period of minimum of 2 months.

It has not bombed ..yet..lets wait and watch
Old 13th May 2007, 10:10   #413
LLL
BHPian

mahindra has a showroom (koncept) just next to our office in noida. till date have seen only 2 logan TDs. lot more scorpio TDs though...

so not much interest from public...
Old 13th May 2007, 10:38   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
mahindra has a showroom (koncept) just next to our office in noida. till date have seen only 2 logan TDs. lot more scorpio TDs though...

so not much interest from public...
OT: where do u work LLL? I am in Xansa.
Old 13th May 2007, 10:39   #415
BHPian

India garage at chennai said deliviries are supposed to start by 15th of May and during our TD, I heard a figure of around 120 bookings already made. True or not is to be seen in the days to come.

But we had people waiting for taking a test drive in the logan.
Old 13th May 2007, 11:21   #416
Senior - BHPian

Logan is spacious car thats its main strength also comfortable ride for 5 people. Diesel supposed to be with good FE thats what I heard.

Its not over priced at all. 6.5 lacs for GLS Petrol is really worth buy comapred with Aveo/Fiesta/NHC/SX4.

But still Adventure is VFM buy among all these cars

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th May 2007, 12:01   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Logan is spacious car thats its main strength also comfortable ride for 5 people. Diesel supposed to be with good FE thats what I heard.

Its not over priced at all. 6.5 lacs for GLS Petrol is really worth buy comapred with Aveo/Fiesta/NHC/SX4.

But still Adventure is VFM buy among all these cars

Regards,

Ravi.
Mr. Bhat

Have you driven the Logan? If not, have you read all that people have actually driven one have written out here?

Your statement Its not over priced at all. 6.5 lacs for GLS Petrol is really worth buy comapred with Aveo/Fiesta/NHC/SX4. is quite puzzling....can you elaborate on why exactly this is "WORTH BUY" ?
Old 13th May 2007, 13:40   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Mr. Bhat

Have you driven the Logan? If not, have you read all that people have actually driven one have written out here?

Your statement Its not over priced at all. 6.5 lacs for GLS Petrol is really worth buy comapred with Aveo/Fiesta/NHC/SX4. is quite puzzling....can you elaborate on why exactly this is "WORTH BUY" ?
I think its a typo he wants to say "WORTH BYE" ...

Last edited by navdeep : 13th May 2007 at 13:43.
Old 13th May 2007, 21:07   #419
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
OT: where do u work LLL? I am in Xansa.
i am in CSC.. where is xansa?
Old 13th May 2007, 21:32   #420
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with Logan? Its practical Petrol car for 6.5 lacs on road and even Diesel is not overpriced. I know al versions would have come with PS/PW tc.. with Logan according to me any car should be practical rather than cheap to buy. So Logan is practical choice but few features it lacks I do agree that!

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed