Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 23:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_lover View Post

In case Honda too is about to fold up, the Kwid case can give them a new lease of hope because they surely have the capability.

Renault, not Honda. So much for brand recollection
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 23:56   #92
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh

Here is a walk around video from Autocar India at a Renault Dealer.
Renault should have included the following by charging some more:
1. Pull type door handles like Triber.
2. Rear Wash Wipe and defogger.
3. Electrically adjustable ORVMS.
4. Day Night manual IRVM.

BTW did anyone notice there is no provision for front fog lamps OR the placement of headlamps doesn't require one?

Last edited by PraNeel : 1st October 2019 at 23:57.
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 00:53   #93
BHPian

Isn't the front strinkingly similar to the Tata Harrier? This would ideally have been a baby Nexon. Isn't design elements like Harrier front face copyright protectable?
GreenerPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 01:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Seeing Renault plonk signature led drls on all variants while Tata skimps the led drls for regular bulbs on a 17.5 lakh car really grinds my teeth.
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 08:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

This car is a mini-Harrier from the front, which is right now my favourite design on Indian roads. Can Renault do such rip offs? But then, it is good for consumers who aspire for Harrier and can't afford it.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 09:32   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This car is a mini-Harrier from the front, which is right now my favourite design on Indian roads. Can Renault do such rip offs? But then, it is good for consumers who aspire for Harrier and can't afford it.
Rip off ? Seriously?
Haven't you had a look at venue or MG ?
This design aspect is fast catching traction. Don't see why it's being called a rip off from a harrier .
vamsi2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:27   #97
Senior - BHPian

Kwid's success has made Maruti to sit up, take notice and imitate: rather unsuccessfully. Kwid is in 'good taste' whereas the S-Presso 'tastes' real bad, looks tacky and poorly conceived in a hurry. Should commend Renault on doing a great job with the Kwid and Triber in the face of dwindling sales and market on a slide.
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:21   #98
BHPian

Have said the same on Triber thread and gonna say it again.

Out of all the struggling manufacturers, only Renault seems serious about staying and increasing their market share in India. With these two products, they have perfectly judged the nerve of customer and certain of finding success.

Don’t think Renault cars are too unreliable so this should not be a major concern. For the cost Renault is offering this car, it is a no brainier choice of pick this up over Alto/S-Presso ( don’t want to call this a car). It looks really premium with several good features and a very good ride quality. This Can be a perfect second car for city roundabouts or first car for a millennial who just started working.

PS. I love the way it looks and how LED DRLs are standard, Hyundai should learn something from this!
turbowhistle is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:37   #99
BHPian

My wife drives a Kwid AMT. It is a first gen model and we were one of the first lot to pick the AMT when it was launched in Dec 2016. It’s our second car and wife uses for office commute. I also drive the car and it is definitely fun to drive. I primarily drive XUV Manual and Kwid AMT is such a ease to drive car in city traffic. So definitely a thumbs up from me for this car.

2 striking things in this facelift launch, which I would have loved in my Kwid. Firstly the striking and well suited DRLs. It doesn’t look like an ugly addition to the car front and well suits the overall front look of the car. Secondly the placement of AMT gear. The older models have the gear placed in the dashboard. The facelift has the gear placed in the traditional place and gives a premium look.

This facelift model looks pretty neat and my only complaint is the lack of BS6 engine. We are pretty close to Apr 2020 cutoff and prospective buyers would definitely think about this. No other complaints about this simple but elegant car. Any day I will pick this over the newly launched Maruti car (or whatever it can be called as).

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2019 at 08:34.
MukundanMK is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:40   #100
BHPian

Kwid has created a new segment and Renault has been doing better every year. I hope they can improve their coordination between sales, marketing, manufacturing, etc. The media drive for Triber was not managed properly as we saw unknown reviewers using dealership contacts to review before popular media. The media reviews were not public even when the car was launched. The hype period is vital and I feel they missed it.

This car looks excellent and I think this still deserves its own segment and seems above s-Presso.
Vians is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 17:15   #101
BHPian

Back to back great launches from Renault. First Triber and now Kwid Facelift. Looks like Renault is serious for the India market unlike some of the competitors including their adopted sibling (Nissan). These two cars should lift their sales in the ongoing festive season.
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:36   #102
BHPian

It actually has a digital temperature gauge and not just a temperature warning light! Kudos to Renault for including this.
deep4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:00   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Seriously Renault, still BS IV???? This is the Car I want to buy but again BS IV???? I guess BSVI pricing would take this car further away from the nearest competition S-Presso ( Sorry couldn't call it a Car) in terms of pricing. I am ready to forget how unreliable Renault is with safety and reliability in India just for the killer looks. But I am not dropping any dough for a soon to be obsolete technology, fire sale or no fire sale.
I'm thinking those few bucks saved helped in keeping the launch pricing that much lower. Come the 1st price hike, the BSVI engine upgrade gives a good camouflage. We can already predict when the KWID will get its first price hike due to that. Probably by turn of the calendar year, when they'll mostly start rolling out BSVI engines.

Also - in case of the petrol cars I think the BSIV aren't really "obsolete" per se technically. Just a little bit older. That anyway happens to car engines over 2-3 years as technology advances, regardless of emission norms. Very little changes are required in the engine for petrol BSVI. The actual petrol also gets cleaner (already is in NCR now) and in a BSIV engine also it will cause lower emissions. Absolutely no adverse effects are expected in a petrol BSIV engine by using BSVI petrol (unlike diesel, where injector wear is a potential worry). So overall not a bad choice to buy a BSIV car now either.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm thinking those few bucks saved helped in keeping the launch pricing that much lower. Come the 1st price hike, the BSVI engine upgrade gives a good camouflage. We can already predict when the KWID will get its first price hike due to that. Probably by turn of the calendar year, when they'll mostly start rolling out BSVI engines.

Also - in case of the petrol cars I think the BSIV aren't really "obsolete" per se technically. Just a little bit older. That anyway happens to car engines over 2-3 years as technology advances, regardless of emission norms. Very little changes are required in the engine for petrol BSVI. The actual petrol also gets cleaner (already is in NCR now) and in a BSIV engine also it will cause lower emissions. Absolutely no adverse effects are expected in a petrol BSIV engine by using BSVI petrol (unlike diesel, where injector wear is a potential worry). So overall not a bad choice to buy a BSIV car now either.

I completely agree with this since margin on small cars is less and why not run the bs4 engines as much they can until change over to bs6 ones . Provided they have good plan for change over until the cut off date .
Old 6th October 2019, 08:08   #105
BHPian

Saw the new Kwid. It is quite an impressive package. Design is sophisticated. Priceis competitive. The Kwid's penchant for above class features are retained. Overall, got to say this, it is a spirited effort from Renault.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks