Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2018, 13:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

10,000th vehicle rolls off Isuzu's assembly line in SriCity

Isuzu Motors India reached a production milestone as the 10,000th vehicle - a D-Max V-Cross, rolled off the production line at SriCity, Andhra Pradesh.

10,000th vehicle rolls off Isuzu's assembly line in SriCity-10000th-vehicle-rollout_july-13.jpg

Isuzu has been producing the D-Max V-Cross, MU-X, D-Max S-Cab and Regular Cab models at its SriCity plant since April 2016. The first model to be produced here was a D-Max V-Cross. The plant also serves as a manufacturing hub for export markets like Nepal and Bhutan. Earlier, Isuzu cars were built at the Hindustan Motors facility near Chennai.

10,000th vehicle rolls off Isuzu's assembly line in SriCity-10k.jpg

In March 2018, the carmaker also crossed the cumulative sales of 10,000 units in India. These include models built at the Chennai plant.

Isuzu Motors India Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Isuzu Motors Limited, Japan. It was established in August 2012. The SriCity plant is spread of over 107 acres and was built to have an initial production capacity of 50,000 units, which can be scaled up to 1,20,000 units.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 14:50   #2
BHPian

Re: 10,000th vehicle rolls off Isuzu's assembly line in SriCity

10,000 units in two years in a SUV crazy market like India isn't a great number. Isuzu needs more products (read small & mid sized SUVs)

Why can't they come with new gen Panther for India ? and probably export it globally like Jeep ?
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
10,000 units in two years in a SUV crazy market like India isn't a great number. Isuzu needs more products (read small & mid sized SUVs)
LOL! Just what I was thinking. How can you celebrate taking so long for 10,000 cars when some of your competitors manage it in months (from the Compass to the Fortuner).

But there's another way of seeing it. We all know that the MU-X is a dud, so in effect, about 9,000 pickup trucks have rolled off the assembly line. Now, that is an achievement as there is no market for high-end pickups in India. Forget the V-Cross, I'd even consider the D-Max as high-end compared to the other poorly built pickups available in India.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Forget the V-Cross, I'd even consider the D-Max as high-end compared to the other poorly built pickups available in India.
I think Isuzu should try marketing their pick trucks as a lifestyle vehicle, it could work in getting the "coolness" factor in for the millennials that have grown up seeing the super-cool pick up trucks in America.
Tiger/Jacky Shroff has this Isuzu pick up truck in black, completely pimped out with rims etc. I am not a pick up truck fan but even when I saw it, I gave it a second glance. Something like that would appeal to a new set of buyers who aren't looking for just utility but want to make a statement.

Add bigger rims, more chrome and some more features, could do the trick.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Considering the fact that MU-X is a dud, stop selling it in India at the current prices. Give V-Cross the automatic that it deserves and see it flying off the showroom. I for one, love the V-Cross, but will not consider buying any car that doesnt offer an auto tranny.
amtak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 14:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We all know that the MU-X is a dud, so in effect, about 9,000 pickup trucks have rolled off the assembly line. Now, that is an achievement as there is no market for high-end pickups in India.
Valid point. Would be interesting to see how many out of those 9000 vehicle have been sold in Andhra Pradesh. (I expect a sizeable portion)

IIRC Andhra state government has given Road tax exemption for Isuzu vehicles from 2016 till 2021.
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 14:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I think Isuzu should try marketing their pick trucks as a lifestyle vehicle, it could work in getting the "coolness" factor in for the millennials that have grown up seeing the super-cool pick up trucks in America.
That's exactly what they're doing here. Because of their restricted media budget we don't get to see print ads much. But one can see lifestyle images in their showrooms.

Nobody looks at V Cross as a primary car but a second one purely to make a lifestyle statement. What probably stops them to get one is the parking space problem in city especially.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 15:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
More than anything they should first focus on increasing their presence. The entire state of Karnataka has just one dealer and service center. I am aware of many prospective buyers, who are not making the move because of unavailability of dealer in their area.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks