Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 07:32   #46
BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Not having cruise control in MT is understandable. One who have used it, practically will know that 80% of the time, its not useful. Automatic and on highways along with less traffic are the combinations when cruise will be useful. And that combination is rare. But why restrict Push button / Keyless mechanisms to AT? Could not think of any logic to this.

When one looks at automatics, for less than the price of 'V' CVT, we can get fully loaded baleno / i20, with loads of extra features. Only place where they will look less is space and bottle holders.
Old 25th July 2018, 07:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post

When one looks at automatics, for less than the price of 'V' CVT, we can get fully loaded baleno / i20, with loads of extra features. Only place where they will look less is space and bottle holders.
+ Slightly better build quality and more usable boot space. You can actually take a wheelchair in Jazz but not in a Baleno. (Although I hope and wish that no one ever need to take it).
Old 25th July 2018, 10:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Not having cruise control in MT is understandable. One who have used it, practically will know that 80% of the time, its not useful. Automatic and on highways along with less traffic are the combinations when cruise will be useful. And that combination is rare. But why restrict Push button / Keyless mechanisms to AT? Could not think of any logic to this.
This is the Honda way of getting people scratch their head while making a decision to buy Honda Cars.

WR-V and Jazz, both don't sport Start-Stop and Cruise Control in Petrol MT.
New Amaze, gets Cruise Control only in MT variants.
WR-V and Jazz, both now miss Magic seats and rear headrest, I always thought that hatchbacks were supposed to be more practical and utility oriented.
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 19:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But why restrict Push button / Keyless mechanisms to AT? Could not think of any logic to this.
To justify the 1.2 lakh price difference between MT and CVT versions, which is difficult to justify based solely on the transmission.
So intead of saying 'for 1.2 lakhs more, you get the CVT', they can say 'for 1.2 lakhs more, you get the CVT + push button + cruise control + smart key'.
For petrol, the CVT models therefore are more VFM than the MT models.

Last edited by blackasta : 25th July 2018 at 19:36.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 06:51   #50
BHPian

I wonder if Honda India have actually managed to fix the brake squeaking issue in the Jazz facelift.
Considering that Honda anyway plays catch-up in adding features to their cars, this facelift is not going to help increase the sales figures of Jazz.
Old 29th July 2018, 14:34   #51
BHPian

In my opinion, Honda India are more interested to sell the Amaze and the City (Higher margins). Jazz and Brio are targeted to people who are a fan of Honda from previous products and who want something different - hence the weird pricing/features omission.
Old 29th July 2018, 16:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

I had put in a request for TD of the new Jazz via the website on 26th July (Thursday).
On Friday, a call center executive called and pretty much collected the same information from me which I had provided on the website, asked me for my favored dealer to avail the TD from and mentioned that dealer would give me a call.
Still waiting for that elusive call as of Sunday 29th.
Does Honda at all want to sell this car?
Old 30th July 2018, 02:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I had put in a request for TD of the new Jazz via the website on 26th July (Thursday).
On Friday, a call center executive called and pretty much collected the same information from me which I had provided on the website, asked me for my favored dealer to avail the TD from and mentioned that dealer would give me a call.
I had requested a TD last year May through their website for Jazz and I think I got a call after 4 or 5 months from them when I informed them that I had purchased a Hyundai and had already done my 1st service
sabby_4c is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 13:38   #54
Team-BHP Support

Highlight is the new rear light -

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-screenshot_201808011336132.png
Old 4th August 2018, 18:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updates:

Received an SMS from Honda on Monday 30th July with contact details of one of their sales associates.

Called him up, and got the info as it the month end, they are busy with incoming cars' PDI and shall be contacting me on the beginning of August. I sent him an SMS with my contact details, choice of car and place of TD.

No call from him till Friday 3rd August, and I decide to call him up again. Asked him very politely whether he is at all interested in doing business, to which he profusely apologized and mentioned that he had 'forgot' about my TD request (dude , if I forgot about a prospective customer showing interest on his own for a product in my line of business, almost my entire pyramid would be on the verge of getting sacked!!)
He then informed me that there is no CVT TD car of the new Jazz in their dealership and promised(!) to call me back once one arrives.

I chose to wait as other than insurance renewal, there is no other apparent urgency from my end to get the car in August.

Anyone from Honda - if you are reading - this is NOT the way you should do business, especially with a prospective customer who has expressed interest on his own in one of your products.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 10:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Here is the latest Jazz ad. USP of this version is the new tail lamp.
Old 5th August 2018, 10:28   #57
BHPian

Honda makes amazing cars, the jazz is the roomiest hatch back there can be. Honda engineers should really be having a word with their bean counters for pricing their cars according to market trends. This car really has what it takes to take on the i20 and the Baleno, but the bean counters let it down.
DrPriyankT is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 20:20   #58
BHPian

Price list for Mangalore
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-honda.jpg  

Old 16th August 2018, 18:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He then informed me that there is no CVT TD car of the new Jazz in their dealership and promised(!) to call me back once one arrives.
Received 2 calls in past 2 weeks from Shree Honda informing me that they do not have any CVT test drive vehicle.

I then called Pinnacle Honda on 14th August, and they brought a VX CVT TD car to my office today 16th August for TD.

Had a nice laid back TD for 15 mins, and following are the observations:

Pros: Acres of space - boot, leg, head, shoulder everywhere. Nice airy cabin, but good sound insulation. Doors are sturdy. Has most of the things I need in my next car (petrol automatic, auto a/c, airbags, abs, electric adjust/fold mirrors, leather steering/gearknob, rear wash/ wipe/defogger). Good suspension absorbs smaller potholes/broken tarmac.
Lot of nice to have features (for me atleast) like 3 position reverse cam, good looking MID, touchscreen with android auto etc.

Cons: Not as engaging to drive as my current car (i10 AT), CVT box is lazy and I have to adjust my driving style to suit the same - so leading the pack from greenlight to 60 may not be possible. Steering is very light at standstill and weighs up somewhat at city speeds. The i10 steering feel with upsized tires was much better. Non adjustable rear seat headrest is unpardonable in a premium hatch, but I have to look away considering this as a solitary miss with other small but necessary features in place (rear wash/wipe, luggage lamp, driver seat height adjuster). Also, the car cannot be locked while in neutral (often if parallel parked into tight spots, the parking guys ask that you leave your car in neutral). The driver armrest was not usable as it was too low when I adjusted my driving position (I'm 5'8").

The SA was knowledgeable & courteous. Asked him to check if the color of my choice is available / lead time to get the same, finance options and send someone for evaluation of my current car.

Expecting things to fall into place by next week.

Last edited by blackasta : 16th August 2018 at 18:24.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 05:47   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the car cannot be locked while in neutral (often if parallel parked into tight spots, the parking guys ask that you leave your car in neutral).
Expecting things to fall into place by next week.
This would be common across most AT cars I guess. They need to be shifted to P before locking.

Are they offering any deals on the CVT Jazz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks