Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2018, 09:36   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Quoting a post from the other thread

I doubt if the troubles have become a thing of the past.
Totally agreeing to this. There is no competition to Polo GT TSI. If you wish to have a better value for money proposition with slightly lesser fun then look at the Ameo DSG. Though in a compact sedan category, the size is nearly same as a baleno or jazz.
Old 26th August 2018, 21:30   #77
BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I doubt if the troubles have become a thing of the past.
Mohit bhaiya, in my circle itself 4 cars got a free replacement. One's run over 1.1L kms. Most of these cars are 2014-15 MY. I was told by VW that oil grade and the gearbox has been tuned in accordance in the newer batches.

Also to note, a friend was denied replacement because the car was overabused. Exhaust + Map + paddles.

Most cars with retrofitted paddles are put under heavy stress by the incorrect usage of paddles and lack of idling the car post abuse.

I guess if the car is kept well and not pushed to the limits 4/5 times you take it out, it will have no problems.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 00:11   #78
BHPian

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Mohit bhaiya, in my circle itself 4 cars got a free replacement. One's run over 1.1L kms. Most of these cars are 2014-15 MY. I was told by VW that oil grade and the gearbox has been tuned in accordance in the newer batches.
Problem isn't about getting a free/discounted/goodwill replacement. In fact VAG must do it if they are selling a problematic/unreliable transmission (DQ200) knowingly. But the main problem is the event when it happens. I dread to imagine myself in that position if/when the system fails and I am with my family at a deserted highway at night. If the car could still be driven in limp mode, it would have still be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post

I guess if the car is kept well and not pushed to the limits 4/5 times you take it out, it will have no problems.

This is a big disclaimer(guess)! You buy a fun machine and then restrict yourself? Even in stock form? What's the point of buying a fun car then.

Last edited by Waspune : 27th August 2018 at 00:19.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 11:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Problem isn't about getting a free/discounted/goodwill replacement. In fact VAG must do it if they are selling a problematic/unreliable transmission (DQ200) knowingly. But the main problem is the event when it happens. I dread to imagine myself in that position if/when the system fails and I am with my family at a deserted highway at night. If the car could still be driven in limp mode, it would have still be better.

This is a big disclaimer(guess)! You buy a fun machine and then restrict yourself? Even in stock form? What's the point of buying a fun car then.
Do not agree to your last statement. If the car has been abused but kept stock throughout then they will definitely help. But ECU Remap, Exhaust and Paddle shifters are not considered for obvious reasons.
We can have as much fun as we like with the stock GT TSI or Vento TSI but without making any such mods.

The reliability has gone up and now with 7 years of warranty one can have an assurity of buying the DSG.
There is no match to GT TSI in the hatchback. Arguable the Abarth but with its chewing gum stuck gear box, a lot of driving pleasure is diluted.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 11:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread ha gone way off-topic.
Probably, shows the lack of interest in the Jazz and justifiably so!
Honda has really done an awful job in India with this lovely car.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 12:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think this thread ha gone way off-topic.
Probably, shows the lack of interest in the Jazz and justifiably so!
Honda has really done an awful job in India with this lovely car.
Agreed. It went more so on the competition than on Jazz itself. But isn't competition good for the user? It opens up different perspectives and spoil us for choices.

They took the USP away from Jazz. The magic seats. Though won't be useful on a daily use, still a good feature to have.

Jazz still is a good product but the pricing has gone above what it should have been. If not wrong then the top end diesel is more than 11 lakhs on road.

If one has to buy a Jazz then go for the second to top in a petrol. Value for money.
Old 27th August 2018, 16:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

We know that the Jazz's primary competitor is the i20, which outsells the former by atleast a factor of 5 each month.

Model Feb-18 Mar-18 Apr-18 May-18 Jun-18 Jul-18
Jazz 2257 2473 1747 680 1175 1869
i20 13378 13319 12369 10664 11262 10822

The topmost Jazz CVT variant is the VX (same for the manual), while Hyundai i20 CVT tops out at Asta with Asta(O) being the topmost variant on offer.

What is present in the Jazz VX CVT but missing in i20 Asta CVT:
  • Smart key
  • Push button start/stop
  • Paddle shifters
  • Chrome outside handles
  • Leather steering & gear knob
  • Cruise control
  • Driver side window with auto up/down and pinch guard
  • rear wash / wipe
  • luggage lamp

What is present in the i20 Asta CVT but missing in the Jazz VX CVT:
  • impact sensing auto door unlocking
  • arkamys sound
  • front and rear tweeters

Glaring omissions in Jazz:
  • Rear adjustable headrest
  • Magic seats

Price difference:

8.22 lakhs for the i20 Asta CVT vs 9.07 lakhs for the Jazz VX CVT (Ex showroom Kolkata)

IMO, if someone is loooking for a loaded automatic hatchback with features & space, Jazz is a good option despite the premium pricing & omissions - fixing which would have made the deal a perfect one.
blackasta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 08:42   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Some posts deleted. Please do NOT take the thread off-topic. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 10:27   #84
Team-BHP Support

Now with discounts of upto Rs 45,000/-

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-screenshot_201809141025392.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 15:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

The Honda Jazz owner's manual available online at the Honda India website mentions "Vehicle Stability Assist" and "Hill Start Assist" features, although it also mentions that these are not available in all models.

From the manual, it also appears that there would be a "VSA OFF" button near the headlight adjustment button, but I couldn't find it in any pictures of the Indian Jazz. I cannot also find any mention of either feature among the feature specifications of the Jazz or in the brochure. Normally, manufacturers would be shouting from the rooftops if such features are offered. So should I assume that both of these are absent in all Indian variants of the Jazz?
Old 26th October 2018, 17:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
So should I assume that both of these are absent in all Indian variants of the Jazz?
Yes none of the 2 mentioned features are present in the Jazz.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 07:21   #87
BANNED

Today, reverse Parking camera is almost de rigeur. Why Honda is till sticking with reversing sensors is beyond me. Wake up Honda, with four Honda's in my family Civic AT, Brio AT, City & Amaze I think I should know a bit. More and more cars are coming with Reversing Cameras. Honda claims a premium image but .....

Last edited by sgiitk : 28th October 2018 at 07:22.
Old 28th October 2018, 08:00   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Today, reverse Parking camera is almost de rigeur. Why Honda is till sticking with reversing sensors is beyond me. Wake up Honda, with four Honda's in my family Civic AT, Brio AT, City & Amaze I think I should know a bit. More and more cars are coming with Reversing Cameras. Honda claims a premium image but .....
The new Jazz has both reversing sensors & camera. Sensors are standard across range. Camera is standard in all but the lowest trim.
blackasta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 10:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

When Is Honda going to realise the colossal pricing error in the Jazz?

Instead of giving massive discounts all the time, they can easily correct the price one time and push sales. The Amaze has taken off quite well since prices are sharp and nearly match the Dzire variant to variant.

But in case of the Jazz, both the i20 and Baleno have nearly 2 lower variants and they are cheaper by a big margin. Agreed, the Jazz has more equipment, but the comparing variants in Baleno and i20 have similar equipment levels too.

A lot of these buyers in this segment are first time buyers and for them they do not need all the features, they look for a B+ segment hatch at a price, say 7-7.5 Lakhs and that is why you see a lot sales from the mid variants of i20 and Baleno.
Old 14th May 2019, 10:54   #90
BANNED

I'm trying to figure out the differences between V CVT and VX CVT. From websites and online vouchers, I can only see the touch screen with GPS in the VX. Even the TD vehicle i saw was a V. What am I missing? The sales persons were beating around the bush, and only option I have is to go to the stock yard, if a VX vehicle is available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks