Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 11:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
J Im amazed that such things were happening under the noses of Honda dealerships!
Not unprecedented. This January, when I was in the market to sell off my old car and buy a new one, JSP Ford guys gave me two offers: 1. Sell my old car to them and get Rs. X and 2. Sell the car to an outside agency that the Ford fellow would broker, and get a price of Rs. X plus 25,000 (obviously, with a fat personal commission to himself).

Needless to say, I walked away from the second deal . Did not purchase a Ford ultimately, so even the first offer became irrelevant for me.
Old 28th May 2019, 14:16   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

If the dealership buys the car, wouldn't they have to pay GST when they resell it, hence reducing the price significantly - v/s being the broker and selling to a third agency for a better price and just taking commission.
When we picked up our F30 328i from a BMW dealership, they were the broker's in the middle as it saved them the burden of GST, even though they have the option to buy the vehicle and sell it.
Worked as a win-win for everyone.

They even facilitated the transfer of registration, etc.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:09   #108
BANNED

We finally got delivery on Saturday, 01 June. The vehicle showed 14km on the odo. Post delivery, wife has driven it for 100km. She is like a 3 yr old at an ice cream counter at a dinner party. The Alto K10 and its AMT was sapping her confidence.

We took to Container Road, as well as the Infopark - Brahmapuram - Karimugal road. The former is a 4 lane highway connecting NH 66 with the Cochin Container terminal. The latter is curvy and has a few slopes. Tested out the paddle shifts in the normal driving D mode. Have not started using the audio.

Why is the reverse camera not giving any audio cues? It simply blinks "Check suroundings".

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 3rd June 2019 at 12:11.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:04   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
We finally got delivery on Saturday, 01 June. The vehicle showed 14km on the odo. Post delivery, wife has driven it for 100km. She is like a 3 yr old at an ice cream counter at a dinner party. The Alto K10 and its AMT was sapping her confidence.

We took to Container Road, as well as the Infopark - Brahmapuram - Karimugal road. The former is a 4 lane highway connecting NH 66 with the Cochin Container terminal. The latter is curvy and has a few slopes. Tested out the paddle shifts in the normal driving D mode. Have not started using the audio.

Why is the reverse camera not giving any audio cues? It simply blinks "Check suroundings".
Congrats on taking delivery - please post a few snaps and post a ownership thread once you get acquainted with the car.

Try using the S mode on curvy roads and sloped, you would enjoy the feedback & engine braking.

Reverse camera won't give any audio cues other than a short beep when it switches on the cam. You would however get audio cues from the rear parking sensors.
Old 17th June 2019, 19:29   #110
BANNED

Updates on our purchase experience

Feeling silly to ask this now. But what additional conveniences does the Digipad 2.0 or whatever found on VX provide over and above the infotainment system on V CVT?
It is an academic question, but still...
Have not tried much with the system on the new car. Quite happy with FM reception. Tried pairing the phone (Biwi had to buy a new one, a Samsung M30). Used the pairing and call function just once. And happy with call quality.

Looks not getting the mud flaps was a mistake. But 2K for them is an overkill. We also got after market art leather seat covers and leather (not art leather) steering cover done at approx 8k. This is much earlier than I intended, but the beige fabric was getting dirty. And I had to shelve my idea of getting fabric seat covers. The seat cover is dual tone black and grey to match the dash colours. I'd have preferred black and dark red to match the body colour. But the shop guy advised against that combination.

The dealer provided floor mats are good, with some kind of fabric on top. It is a 3 piece one, with 2 on front and a single piece at the back.

The dealer gave us an "accessories package". This consists of front and back bumper corner protectors, door beadings, chrome inlay inside the door handles, and door edge garnish / or whatever - again chrome. The last mentioned items look to be a bad choice, because air noise is very high now at the rear seats.

We also got a door step illumination. See image below.
2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-20190601_202720.jpg

I dont quite see the point in starting a new thread for this. The scanty rains are playing the spoils port to having a proper photosessiion.
Old 17th June 2019, 20:05   #111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Updates on our purchase experience

Quote:
Feeling silly to ask this now. But what additional conveniences does the Digipad 2.0 or whatever found on VX provide over and above the infotainment system on V CVT?
It is an academic question, but still...
Digipad 2.0 supports native satellite navigation, android auto and apple carplay.

Plus the VX has electrically folding ORVMs which helps immensely in narrow alleys and tight parking situations.

Also, you need not have someone take apart the steering wheel of your brand new car to get it stitched in leather.

Following were my justifications of getting the VX over V.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 13:41   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Jazz, I dont see too many of them in Cochin which is a bit of a surprise. The City on the other hand is a big success. For the Infopark - Brahmapuram - Karimugal types of roads, I will suggest leave it in D mode itself and enjoy the pleasant drive. If you are feeling a little ahem, adventurous, slot it into S mode and then use the paddles if you want. Overall I find the paddles to be a lot more usable in S mode than in D mode which is a conservative drive mode.

Quote:
We also got after market art leather seat covers and leather (not art leather) steering cover done at approx 8k. This is much earlier than I intended, but the beige fabric was getting dirty. And I had to shelve my idea of getting fabric seat covers. The seat cover is dual tone black and grey to match the dash colours. I'd have preferred black and dark red to match the body colour. But the shop guy advised against that combination.
Where did you get the art leather seats from? I had them in my previous car, now sold, and my wife isnt keen on these in the Jazz since they feel a little sweaty in our Cochin weather. The beige fabric seats are getting dirty but Im just living with it for now. I need to get the steering wheel done up though, my sweaty palms have caused the OEM leather to wear out a bit.

Quote:
We also got a door step illumination.
This is nice, where did you get it done? How much was it?
Old 18th June 2019, 16:43   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Where did you get the art leather seats from? I had them in my previous car, now sold, and my wife isnt keen on these in the Jazz since they feel a little sweaty in our Cochin weather. The beige fabric seats are getting dirty but Im just living with it for now. I need to get the steering wheel done up though, my sweaty palms have caused the OEM leather to wear out a bit.

This is nice, where did you get it done? How much was it?

Seeat covers were purchased from a place near Alinchuvadu, towards Kakkanad side. I forgot the name. Hope I can update later. There is something called "Panache" next building.

The step illumination is official accessory. A bit too expensive - I think 4.5k or so.
Old 19th June 2019, 11:57   #114
Senior - BHPian

First vacation for my Jazz CVT. Went on a family trip to wayanad for 4 days.

Trip stats :

No. of passengers : 5 adults with boot filled to brim
Total distance covered : ~770kms(~520kms on highways & 150 kms of hilly roads within wayanad)
Mileage : 13.3kmpl(verified with tank-full method after refilling & the MID figure was pretty much exact around 13.2xx)

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-capture.jpg

Some Observations :

+ Didn't miss hill-hold feature at all even in some steep inclines with full load(5 passengers). For instance kanthanpara waterfalls route has some steep inclines. Although the vehicle was slow to pick up, but didn't roll back at any moment. Still best way on such roads is to keep the momentum going while hitting the incline.
+ Super smooth drive. After continuous burst of 3.5 hours and ~180kms , no fatigue at all.
+ The space inside is commendable. Sufficient leg/headroom for 3 passengers at the rear. Nobody complained.
+ ACC worked as expected. Set at 22 degrees throughout, nobody complained much. It was rainy/overcast in wayanad, but even on highway around Mysore it worked as expected.

- Android auto was inconsistent. It kept reconnecting again and again making it a pain to use. Thankfully apple-carplay was super stable and helped complete the trip without any issues. Anyone else facing issues with android auto compatibility with digipad 2.0?
- Although D mode is good enough for most part, for some fun one needs to switch to Sports mode & keep the engine on boil(3k RPM+). Below 3k it doesn't pick up speeds. This car doesn't like getting pushed.
- I expected around 15kmpl , but 13.3 seems a bit less considering most of it was highways. Maybe because its still new. Second service is due in July @3000kms but looks like i will hit the milestone this month itself as odo stands at 2600kms now.

Overall a lovely trip wherein the car behaved well without giving any unwanted troubles. And wayanad is supremely beautiful with monsoons setting in. Greenery all around. Here are a couple of pics :

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-webp.netcompressimage.jpg

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-webp.netcompressimage.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th June 2019 at 12:26.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 13:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
First vacation for my Jazz CVT. Went on a family trip to wayanad for 4 days.

- Android auto was inconsistent. It kept reconnecting again and again making it a pain to use. Thankfully apple-carplay was super stable and helped complete the trip without any issues. Anyone else facing issues with android auto compatibility with digipad 2.0?
Good account of your first long drive - I am yet to take mine out on highways.

Regarding android auto, I faced tremendous connection inconsistency with the OEM charging cable (MI A1). Bought a Mivi cable - same bad problem with connection dropping with slight jerks in the cable.
Finally bought this cable - and now I have zero issues with no disconnections.
My deduction is that Android auto connectivity is extremely finicky and dependent on the cable. Suggest that you try it out with the cable I had success with.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 14:10   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage : 13.3kmpl(verified with tank-full method after refilling & the MID figure was pretty much exact around 13.2xx)

Thats slightly low for the 1.2 later iVTEC engine. Of course, its a lighter car, but the Brio with the same engine gives close to 17-18 kms on the highway.

My City (just about 2000 kms done) gave around 14.5 kpl on a recent run to Mysore and back, again with 5 passengers and loaded luggage. I would expect that post the first oil change, the mileage would improve by a bit.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th June 2019 at 14:27.
Old 19th June 2019, 14:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Good account of your first long drive - I am yet to take mine out on highways.

Regarding android auto, I faced tremendous connection inconsistency with the OEM charging cable (MI A1). Bought a Mivi cable - same bad problem with connection dropping with slight jerks in the cable.
My deduction is that Android auto connectivity is extremely finicky and dependent on the cable. Suggest that you try it out with the cable I had success with.
Yeah that's the exact issue. Mine is a nokia OEM cable and yes, on slight jerk it gets disconnected. Thanks for the tip, will try this cable out. Working android auto is imperative for me as I won't have my wife/brother(iPhone users) all the time with me in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thats slightly low for the 1.2 iVTEC liter engine. Of course, its a lighter car, but the Brio with the same engine give close to 17-18 kms on the highway.
Agreed. We do have a brio back home in kolkata and yes, it returns 16+ on our highway trips. But Jazz is way heavier(around 115+ kgs more). That 13.3 is with wayanad hilly roads included. Initially for first 300kms(bangalore to wayanad) , which was on highways it returned around 14.5kmpl. Lets see if things get better post the 2nd service.
Old 19th June 2019, 22:47   #118
BHPian

The Digipad continues to be inconsistent and plagued with glitches. I bought mine Jazz V MT in Jan 19 and had developed some rapport with the Team leader. He advised me against buying a VX if it was only for Digipad. I understand a couple of updates have been rolled out but issues still crop up. A mileage of 13.3 kmpl seems to be a little lower given that I achieved 15.5 kmpl for Bangalore- Ooty- Coonoor and back. It was also 300 Kms one way with approx 20% Ghat section. We were 4 members with boot being full. May I suggest to use accelerator input just enough to maintain steady speeds and check difference in mileage. Thanks.

Last edited by vermasach : 19th June 2019 at 23:01.
Old 25th June 2019, 08:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Bought this but sadly it doesn't fit the USB slot at all. How did you manage to get it in there?

It fits my laptop's slot, but doesnt in the car's slot. Tried both 1.5 amp & 1.0 amp ones

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th June 2019 at 08:55.
Old 25th June 2019, 10:38   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bought this but sadly it doesn't fit the USB slot at all. How did you manage to get it in there?

It fits my laptop's slot, but doesnt in the car's slot. Tried both 1.5 amp & 1.0 amp ones
It will fit. I had the same issue of the cable initially not fitting in the slot. The cable is so snug fitting that it needs to be inserted in the car slots perfectly straight, else it shall not go in. Try patiently, it will work. Do not try to force it in. I believe it is this snug fitting nature that enables smooth android auto operation without disconnection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks