Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 13:38   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
It will fit. I had the same issue of the cable initially not fitting in the slot. The cable is so snug fitting that it needs to be inserted in the car slots perfectly straight, else it shall not go in. Try patiently, it will work. Do not try to force it in. I believe it is this snug fitting nature that enables smooth android auto operation without disconnection.
Tried again for some 20 minutes and failed.

Will place a return order. Not sure if Amazon would take it back. Will try with some other cable.
Old 28th June 2019, 12:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
- Android auto was inconsistent. It kept reconnecting again and again making it a pain to use. Thankfully apple-carplay was super stable and helped complete the trip without any issues. Anyone else facing issues with android auto compatibility with digipad 2.0?
I bought a VX CVT a couple of weeks back, and has the same issue with my Mi A1 (yet to try with other phones). I am facing the following issues:

1) Screen gets frozen. Usually happens after I touch on the maps or try changing songs in amazon music from Android Auto. After this happens, if I go back to the AVN initial screen and then click on the Android Auto icon, the screen will either go black or Android Auto will not get loaded at all. While all this is happening, voice commands (to google assistant) and sounds from google maps as well as Amazon music are working without any issue. Unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable some times solves the issue. Restarting the phone and restarting AVN solves the problem temporarily, but it crops up again after some time.

2) Android auto gets disconnected some times when the car jerks slightly. Thought it will be the issue with the cable I am using, and tried out 3 different cables till now. Nothing seems to solve the problem

It is especially frustrating since I bought the VX model mostly for the Digipad 2.0.
Old 28th June 2019, 17:01   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
1) Screen gets frozen. Usually happens after I touch on the maps or try changing songs in amazon music from Android Auto. After this happens, if I go back to the AVN initial screen and then click on the Android Auto icon, the screen will either go black or Android Auto will not get loaded at all. While all this is happening, voice commands (to google assistant) and sounds from google maps as well as Amazon music are working without any issue. Unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable some times solves the issue. Restarting the phone and restarting AVN solves the problem temporarily, but it crops up again after some time.

2) Android auto gets disconnected some times when the car jerks slightly. Thought it will be the issue with the cable I am using, and tried out 3 different cables till now. Nothing seems to solve the problem
Well these seem to be common for all owners. More than a year since the digipad 2.0 made it to the car and still such issues simply prove how lethargic Honda has been.

Quote:
It is especially frustrating since I bought the VX model mostly for the Digipad 2.0.
Same here. Digipad 2.0, electric mirrors and the add-ons for exclusive edition made me shell out the extra dough over V CVT. However thankfully apple carplay works flawlessly as wife(iPhone user) was the one who was particular about the added convenience. But when she ain't with me in the car it becomes challenging as I use android fone
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 17:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a VX CVT a couple of weeks back, and has the same issue with my Mi A1 (yet to try with other phones).
The screen freezing issue mostly happens if the AVN unit is on while the car is in P mode, and then you move to D mode. To avoid this, move to D pressing the brake pedal, and then start Android Auto.

Also - in case you see a black screen but music is playing, park in a safe place, press the brake, move to R to display the backup camera, and then move to D. The screen should be displayed.

Regarding android auto dropping, try and use the cable link provided below with which I had success.

Quote:
Regarding android auto, I faced tremendous connection inconsistency with the OEM charging cable (MI A1). Bought a Mivi cable - same bad problem with connection dropping with slight jerks in the cable.
Finally bought this cable - and now I have zero issues with no disconnections.
My deduction is that Android auto connectivity is extremely finicky and dependent on the cable. Suggest that you try it out with the cable I had success with.
Quote:
Bought this but sadly it doesn't fit the USB slot at all. How did you manage to get it in there?

It fits my laptop's slot, but doesnt in the car's slot. Tried both 1.5 amp & 1.0 amp ones
Quote:
It will fit. I had the same issue of the cable initially not fitting in the slot. The cable is so snug fitting that it needs to be inserted in the car slots perfectly straight, else it shall not go in. Try patiently, it will work. Do not try to force it in. I believe it is this snug fitting nature that enables smooth android auto operation without disconnection.
I got back my car from the service center this wednesday (for a minor denting + painting job) and again fitted the usb cable - took me less than 30 seconds. The head of the cable should be dead straight.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 17:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
However thankfully apple carplay works flawlessly as wife(iPhone user) was the one who was particular about the added convenience. But when she ain't with me in the car it becomes challenging as I use android fone
Well, mine is an Android family and hence no use of CarPlay. Hope Honda will make it better. Now I am not quite sure if this issue is with Digipad alone. Saw some similar issues posted in Google forums about Android Auto for various cars.

Quote:
The screen freezing issue mostly happens if the AVN unit is on while the car is in P mode, and then you move to D mode. To avoid this, move to D pressing the brake pedal, and then start Android Auto.
Will try that out. But I am skeptical, as the issue is only with Android Auto. Will my phone be able to detect if I moved from P mode to D without my car moving? I thought it just detects motion to understand if the car is in Drive mode. Anyway will order that cable also. Let's see how it goes.
Old 28th June 2019, 17:54   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will try that out. But I am skeptical, as the issue is only with Android Auto. Will my phone be able to detect if I moved from P mode to D without my car moving? I thought it just detects motion to understand if the car is in Drive mode. Anyway will order that cable also. Let's see how it goes.
The issue is with android auto or it's reciprocal system in the head unit.
Change the settings such as when you plug in the USB cable, the android auto should launch automatically.
Move from P to D, then plug in your phone in the USB cable.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 20:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
The issue is with android auto or it's reciprocal system in the head unit.
Change the settings such as when you plug in the USB cable, the android auto should launch automatically.
I am not exactly sure if it is the issue with Android Auto or digipad. Basically everything except Android Auto works fine. I will check this out today and will update.
Old 29th June 2019, 11:39   #128
BHPian

Hey all,

We are considering replacing one of our cars with a Jazz.
We would appreciate if we could find some closure to our concerns, which are as follows:

1. Does the CVT suffer from the issues that plagued previous generations of the City / Jazz / Fit? Honda in general has had a few transmission issues in the past and the CVT found in the previous generation Jazz et al. was known to have widespread issues. Our City also developed this infamous CVT shudder at around 50,000km. Also, I have heard there is something called “revitalizant” which is a transmission fluid additive which deposits itself onto worn transmission parts. Has anyone tried it? Has it helped?

2. How would you rate the air conditioner? Our City’s AC was passable at best, it did the bare minimum work to keep the cabin acceptably cool. We took a test drive of Jazz a couple weeks ago and the AC was simply not good, unpliable for the sweltering Delhi heat. Could this be an issue with that specific tester or is the AC actually kind of weak?

Thank you!
chieftain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 17:16   #129
BHPian

So I just took a test of Jazz VX CVT. The rubber effect is quite prominent. The interiors are also not that great. This is pretty much expected from Honda these days.

Now coming to the main agenda, the final price that was offered to me was 9.36 lacs for the VX CVT. This price includes the exchange price of 50k for my old 2005 wagonR. The manger said that if I book it by tomorrow he can further reduce the price by 20k. I'm thinking if I negotiate hard, he will let go off the car even at 9 lacs flat plus floor mats, mud flaps etc. Now is this a good price considering the situation of car industry right now? The city is Delhi.
Old 29th June 2019, 19:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain View Post
2. How would you rate the air conditioner? Our City’s AC was passable at best, it did the bare minimum work to keep the cabin acceptably cool. We took a test drive of Jazz a couple weeks ago and the AC was simply not good, unpliable for the sweltering Delhi heat. Could this be an issue with that specific tester or is the AC actually kind of weak?
With 5 people on-board and ACC set at 22 degrees, nobody complained in our 750kms trip from bangalore to wayanad and back. Yes, wayanad had drizzles, but for rest of the route outside temperature hovered at 35-38 degrees. Overall I found it Okay-ish , nothing great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
So I just took a test of Jazz VX CVT. The rubber effect is quite prominent.
While test-driving surprisingly I found the effect more pronounced in the baleno compared to Jazz. This rubber-band effect is inherent to CVTs, no two ways around it. Just like in AMTs, no matter how controlled manufacturers claim it to be, the annoying head-nod remains. No AT car for that matter under 10L seems to be a complete no-brainer. Polo with the awesome transmission/engine fails at space/service, Baleno with super service backup & features fails at build quality, Jazz is the most spacious but feels underpowered & lacks some features for 2019(projectors/DRLs/rear adjustable headrests), i20 CVT has feature-list to put rivals at shame but the engine is neither punchy nor frugal. Its a calculated compromise one has to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Now coming to the main agenda, the final price that was offered to me was 9.36 lacs for the VX CVT. This price includes the exchange price of 50k for my old 2005 wagonR. The manger said that if I book it by tomorrow he can further reduce the price by 20k. I'm thinking if I negotiate hard, he will let go off the car even at 9 lacs flat plus floor mats, mud flaps etc. Now is this a good price considering the situation of car industry right now? The city is Delhi.
Is the 50k exchange price inclusive of exchange bonus? As per carwale the OTR price for VX CVT seems to be 10.1L, so the cash discount seems to be around 25k+20k(additional promised by dealer), a total of 45k. Try to squeeze in some more and get it to 9L, should be doable considering Jazz isn't a high demand model. But make sure to include accessories like leather seats(beige fabric seats are dirt magnet), mud-flaps while negotiating. I did the mistake of not taking it during purchase & ended up shelling 2.3k for just the mudflaps
P.S : Just noticed the OTR price difference between Bangalore & Delhi is 90k. So you can buy Jazz plus an additional 150cc motorbike for the same price as Bangalore

Last edited by SoumenD : 29th June 2019 at 20:22.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 23:19   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Is the 50k exchange price inclusive of exchange bonus? As per carwale the OTR price for VX CVT seems to be 10.1L, so the cash discount seems to be around 25k+20k(additional promised by dealer), a total of 45k. Try to squeeze in some more and get it to 9L, should be doable considering Jazz isn't a high demand model. But make sure to include accessories like leather seats(beige fabric seats are dirt magnet), mud-flaps while negotiating. I did the mistake of not taking it during purchase & ended up shelling 2.3k for just the mudflaps
P.S : Just noticed the OTR price difference between Bangalore & Delhi is 90k. So you can buy Jazz plus an additional 150cc motorbike for the same price as Bangalore
Thanks a lot for your input. Yes the 50k is inclusive of exchange bonus (25k for the car and 25k bonus). 9 lacs will be doable very easily. But I still think there is scope for more. Since I'm in no hurry, I can defer my purchase till Diwali also. That's when I think more discounts will pour. Will visit a couple more dealers tomorrow and then decide. Will definitely include the additional accessories you mentioned in the final price.
Old 30th June 2019, 11:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain View Post
Hey all,

1. Does the CVT suffer from the issues that plagued previous generations of the City / Jazz / Fit? Honda in general has had a few transmission issues in the past and the CVT found in the previous generation Jazz et al. was known to have widespread issues. Our City also developed this infamous CVT shudder at around 50,000km. Also, I have heard there is something called “revitalizant” which is a transmission fluid additive which deposits itself onto worn transmission parts. Has anyone tried it? Has it helped?

Thank you!
This is new News for me, is Honda's CVT that bad? Was looking at Amaze Diesel CVT over VW DSG just for reliability factor. What would be the cost of replacing critical components if they do fail
Old 30th June 2019, 15:20   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
This is new News for me, is Honda's CVT that bad? Was looking at Amaze Diesel CVT over VW DSG just for reliability factor. What would be the cost of replacing critical components if they do fail
All problems I find reported on the web can be solved by replacing the CVT fluid. Is that such a big deal? Or is the reference to something else? Y
Old 30th June 2019, 17:42   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
All problems I find reported on the web can be solved by replacing the CVT fluid. Is that such a big deal? Or is the reference to something else?
Post I quoted says its an annoying issue, hence wanted to know if it was serious! Transmission fluid replacement doesn't sound like a big headache to me
Old 30th June 2019, 19:33   #135
BHPian

Quote:
It worked! Android Auto froze thrice during my drives in the weekend, and always it started working after I put my car in R and then back to D. Thank you, you are a life saver The issue with the cable also did not pop up after I tried another cable that was lying around. But, it could be due to the fact that I drove mostly in smooth roads. Will check it for a couple of weeks and will try out the cable that you suggested if the issue pops up again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks