Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 18:02   #166
BHPian

Re: The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars

I have come across this recently in my Rapid.

When I tried to move the car with parking brake on, it gave a chime apart from the parking brake on indication on the cluster.

I'm not sure if this is present across Skoda's stable but I find this really clever!
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 19:10   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I have come across this recently in my Rapid.

When I tried to move the car with parking brake on, it gave a chime apart from the parking brake on indication on the cluster.

I'm not sure if this is present across Skoda's stable but I find this really clever!
I think this is a very common feature. My Vento and Jazz both have it
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 20:17   #168
Senior - BHPian

The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars

I positively think it is the indicators - the greatest innovation after the wheel and brakes.

'AC car no hand signal'.

Imagine sticking your hand out in today's traffic.

It is probably the most used feature in all cars.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/local/oxford/...00/8958182.stm

Last edited by SmartCat : 25th April 2019 at 20:40. Reason: Fixed link
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 22:19   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I think this is a very common feature. My Vento and Jazz both have it
Also present on my 2nd gen Swift.

In some Mahindra cars, there's voice assist in place of a warning chime where the gentleman says "careful ... your handbrake is engaged"
self_driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 19:04   #170
BHPian

Auto-Folding ORVM in the EcoSport: This is a feature that improves upon the same in the Hyundai i20. It automatically opens when you unlock the car by pulling/placing your hand on the driver door handle, whereas in the Hyundai, walking up to the car is enough- which can be annoying sometimes. Has a puddle lamp as an added bonus.

The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars-acbdf6c3dd6c46cbb422b8d24ef582a2.jpeg

Headlight Switch in the Skoda Rapid (plus all VWs): Nifty little feature that lets you swap out the existing headlight switch. Simply push it inwards from the ‘0’ position, twist it to the right and voila! The whole module comes sliding out.

The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars-2598d0c98fdb4b99a4c8704e0bec5d69.jpeg

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 9th November 2019 at 19:18. Reason: Added: Placing hand on door handle
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 19:31   #171
BHPian

I have one of them to add here!
Though it is not from a mainstream car or a costly car, I find it clever and good.
Renault Triber(top end) comes with a smart key with which the doors and boot automatically unlock if you move close to the car and automatically locks if you move away from the car. No request sensors like keyless entry. Just walk in with the key on your bag or pocket. This is so good that I always keep my key in my bag so that I don't lose them anywhere.
The flexibility of the seats(easy-fix, remove, fold, slide, recline, tumble) is a different level for this price point which is a cool one to have too.

I always admire smart features like these in my friend's VW polo. VW is on a different level when it comes to smart features!
Jagann13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 19:34   #172
Senior - BHPian

Few good bits from my Tigor AMT:

Creep function gets disabled when the doors are not closed, one of my idiot friend left my car in drive and got out of the car car didn't move an inch, thankfully I noticed this and moved it to neutral immediately.

Parking sensor's volume can be adjusted using normal volume button, can be muted too from the steering useful in my parking filled with small plants.
giri1.8 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 21:40   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
I have one of them to add here!
Though it is not from a mainstream car or a costly car, I find it clever and good.
Renault Triber(top end) comes with a smart key with which the doors and boot automatically unlock if you move close to the car and automatically locks if you move away from the car. No request sensors like keyless entry. Just walk in with the key on your bag or pocket. This is so good that I always keep my key in my bag so that I don't lose them anywhere.
The flexibility of the seats(easy-fix, remove, fold, slide, recline, tumble) is a different level for this price point which is a cool one to have too.
I keep learning new things about the Triber everyday. Really cool of Renault to implement thoughtful little touches such as these!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 22:01   #174
BHPian

I am prone to dust and smoke allergy, I find car air purifier feature in Kia Seltos real innovative and useful.
This is such a useful feature it should be offered by every car manufacturer.
I think this should be made compulsory in big cities like Delhi where pollution levels are making new highs every Diwali.
tejas2323 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 13:48   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas2323 View Post
I am prone to dust and smoke allergy, I find car air purifier feature in Kia Seltos real innovative and useful.
This is such a useful feature it should be offered by every car manufacturer.
I think this should be made compulsory in big cities like Delhi where pollution levels are making new highs every Diwali.
I am not sure what is difference between a cabin air filter with HEPA found on most mid range and above vehicles vs. this cabin air purifier apart from marketing gimmick? On my Jetta and Passat, the normal blower air which is passed through a HEPA filter lowers the pm 2.5 levels to around 20 when the outside are at 300 to 500. I measure the levels at starting and they can be as high as 300 inside and after about 5 minutes of driving they fall to around 20. This shows that the onboard filter is really effective. Of course not all cars have a HEPA filter. Many just offer a dust filter but even that would probably reduce the pollution level to some extent.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 20:31   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I am not sure what is difference between a cabin air filter with HEPA found on most mid range and above vehicles vs. this cabin air purifier apart from marketing gimmick? On my Jetta and Passat, the normal blower air which is passed through a HEPA filter lowers the pm 2.5 levels to around 20 when the outside are at 300 to 500. I measure the levels at starting and they can be as high as 300 inside and after about 5 minutes of driving they fall to around 20. This shows that the onboard filter is really effective. Of course not all cars have a HEPA filter. Many just offer a dust filter but even that would probably reduce the pollution level to some extent.
Cabin air filter just filters the dust particles but when it comes to air purifier it has various types of filters such as HEPA, Carbon filter, Ionizer etc.
This filters the dust particles along with smoke, bad odours, allergic agents which are not visible to normal eyes.
So I think all car manufacturers must provide this type of air purifier as we spend considerable time in traffic.
tejas2323 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 21:40   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Cabin air filter just filters the dust particles but when it comes to air purifier it has various types of filters such as HEPA, Carbon filter, Ionizer etc.
This filters the dust particles along with smoke, bad odours, allergic agents which are not visible to normal eyes.
So I think all car manufacturers must provide this type of air purifier as we spend considerable time in traffic.
If I'm not mistaken, all Hyundai's with climate control have this Clean Air™ ioniser, right? And that includes Kia cars too, presumably.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 14th November 2019 at 21:41.
Old 15th November 2019, 08:48   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, all Hyundai's with climate control have this Clean Air™ ioniser, right? And that includes Kia cars too, presumably.
May be, but what about other car manufacturers.
Not all car companies provide various filters.
Its no loss if they provide separate air purifiers which will add a little more to the good health of occupants.
Old 15th November 2019, 17:35   #179
BHPian

Quote:
May be, but what about other car manufacturers.
Not all car companies provide various filters.
Its no loss if they provide separate air purifiers which will add a little more to the good health of occupants.
Yeah, it's a good move by Hyundai, no doubt. I was just wondering if Kia cars had it too.
Old 17th November 2019, 17:38   #180
BHPian

Quote:
If you read my post, I had specifically stated that I was talking about higher end cars which have HEPA filters for their in cabin filtration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks