Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:56   #61
BHPian

I would add here is that i am not denying the fact that these awards are not biased.......
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks like someone awarded an olympic gold to a baby not yet delivered. should be considered for the joke of the year 2007 award.
Old 2nd January 2007, 16:41   #63
BHPian

I think there will be bids going on for COTY 2008 in BS Motoring office...
Whoever pays the most, will be featured in the magazine and review will be tweaked to ensure it looks most unbiased.... These guys are so clever, they say,' it is not amazing at any quality' but above average in all of them', no one can dispute this claim, irrespective of which car it is...

I am not sure if they even mentioned prices of spares...(cos if they are from the AVEO, then be prepared for a slippery wallet)
Old 2nd January 2007, 20:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the UV-A should be compared to the Indica petrol and it does come up superior. In a way it rewrites the rules with its killer price.

On a related topic which is the COTY per Autocar, OD and CAR.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd January 2007 at 20:46.
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
IMO, the UV-A should be compared to the Indica petrol and it does come up superior. In a way it rewrites the rules with its killer price.

Umm...last I heard the Indica Petrol was giving competition to the M800 with the 1.2 litre unit @ 2.25 lkhs, not to the bigger labels.
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Xeta is still 1.4 but you are right TATA has fired back even before GM could shoot.
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:31   #67
Team-BHP Support

Mpower, only one model of Xeta is 1.4, the top end one. All the rest are now 1.2 ltr engines.
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I was partially wrong, price is only an introductory offer. Anyways lets not go OT.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd January 2007 at 10:16.
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:18   #69
Senior - BHPian

Apart from BS I saw a contest for viewers choice OD awards and the UV A was there as choice as well apart from the Civic, Estilo etc...
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Out of 40 replies in this thread, you *seem* to be the only one to have driven the car. I want to know abt the others.

I have nothing against anyone. I am just surprised that reputed members of such a nice forum are talking like this without any evidence. That is why I am asking members who have driven the U-VA to post here..... I want to know if it is really such a bad car that so many members criticise it.
I haven't driven the Indian UV-A but I drove the Aveo hatch in Canada with the 1.6L 103bhp engine and I was totally disappointed. Ok it had a automatic transmission but still it was totally soulless. The only good thing in the car was space inside. The engine was coarse and the handling "wavy". The steering was too over assisted and that made a scary high speed dirving. I own a Fiat Palio S10 and the Palio easily smokes the Aveo 1.6 in every department except quality of interior plastics.
Old 4th January 2007, 13:33   #71
BHPian

Well, I was away for a while, could hardly find time to log-on in team-bhp, let alone post something. I came to know about BSM's COTY award given to UVA and was dying to read team-bhpians comments on it. Read complete thread and am laughing like anything. No doubt, this thread should be moved to jokes section.

As far as my reaction is considered, when I read 'Car of the year 2007' in UVA's advertisement in TOI, the first thing that came out of my mouth was bulls**t!!! #$%#%! Even before reading the footer I concluded that its none other than OD, but was highly surprised when I came to know its BSM. Anyways, I understand, BSM too needs fuel to run. They too need a punch!
Old 4th January 2007, 13:52   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, no one could miss that full page ad in the TOI yesterday which screams " Bigger than Big" or something. Of course COTY BS Motoring had to be the center point.
Old 4th January 2007, 13:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Yep noticed that GTO

on the topic of awards the OD awards took place yesterday... wonder what the results are

The CNBC awards are taking place this evening
Old 4th January 2007, 14:30   #74
BHPian

I read someone mentioning that BSM's main criterion was affordability. I am wondering why the heck they even considered Honda Civic or Cedia then? They should have ruled them out at the time of nominations only. Or do they wanted to say, 'We have set criterion to fit U-VA for award!' Is Estilo not more affordable, better FE (guess), better maintenance (being a GM, U-VA would be definitely costly here), far lesser priced?

I hate all these awards, be it autos, films, books, TV (reality shows) or any other. Every result is suspicious, every decision seems biased, every jury seems to favour some particular... Moreover sometimes they try to make everybody happy by providing some xyz award to everyone. U-VA, Civic , Verna CRDi, Camry all got an award, 4 were awarded out of 15-odd launches!

Awards are view-only/read-only things, View-Smile-Forget! No processing should be done, no action to be taken, you will stay happy.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:21   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis View Post
I read someone mentioning that BSM's main criterion was affordability. I am wondering why the heck they even considered Honda Civic or Cedia then? They should have ruled them out at the time of nominations only. Or do they wanted to say, 'We have set criterion to fit U-VA for award!' Is Estilo not more affordable, better FE (guess), better maintenance (being a GM, U-VA would be definitely costly here), far lesser priced?
Well, Estilo is certainly more affordable, but then BSM says that it lost out on a notchy gearbox and dismal handling! Also the styling didnt appeal to the jury..

They have clearly mentioned in their report that the U-VA has performed consistently in all the parameters measured - without emerging too strong in any one, hence it was given the award (for consistency)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks