Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2018, 05:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Guide: How to get a fancy / VIP number in Mumbai (without an agent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragddh View Post
Dear All,

Regards.
Less than 20 minutes. Which RTO did you go to in Mumbai? Tardeo, Andheri or Wadala?
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:48   #17

Dear Sahil,

If you are still keen, get in touch with me and i'll help.
Old 4th December 2018, 09:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sahil,

If you are still keen, get in touch with me and i'll help.
It’s already done, got my choice number but had to succumb to paying 2500₹ “Agent fee”. While I was earlier under the impression that the dealer managed to send his person to do it, he later informed that they too were unable to do it directly and had to use their agent to get it done.

Next time, I’ll def get in touch with you and seek your help. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2018, 10:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyoni10 View Post
Sadly TamilNadu is not even listed here to get a fancy number... Looks like we will have to go the corrupt way only.
Parivahan does show advance series number availability. For example, the current running series in TN-09 is TN-09 CQ. You can see the availability for CR to DB series that are open. It is the current CQ series that wasn't updated.

Normally 1000 series numbers are available to select. Your dealer would have track of this. This will give you an idea, and you can go prepared with this.

Other than the time you need to wait, there was no corruption involved.

In our case we had a heads up that current series was CQ 6400 to 7400 and were told to avoid the first 150-200 numbers since it might be already taken. The dealer also prepared us with the documentation needed for the process.

We (me and better half) took this, walked in to KK Nagar RTO, 2 days later. The actual series at RTO was CQ 6600 to 7600, which we were prepared for. The RTO inspector had a sheet with the numbers already selected, our 2nd choice number was available. He signs and gives you, you show this at the payment counter and handover the receipt to your dealer.

The dealer will take this receipt and go for the RTO inspection, road tax payment the following day.

Note that, once you have made the payment. There is no backing off, the number goes on file against the engine number-chassis number of the vehicle on RTO records.
Old 4th December 2018, 14:23   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Unfortunately my experience was not as smooth as most others here. I wanted to get the two double digit numbers from MH02 RTO.
Landed up paying Rs.7500 receipt for number 8833. Although online it showed 5000 for all such numbers.
Had a similar experience as yours, but the process was a lot smoother at the Tardeo RTO.

Did not have to pay any bribe, and it was done in 2 visits, with my office colleague not facing any issue in getting it done as requested.

However, since we chose a number from the 'DE' series and not 'DB' series that was ongoing, we had to pay 50% extra for our choice number (listed on the website at Rs. 15,000 though we paid - and got a challan - for Rs. 22,500).

As you rightly said, it would have made it a lot quicker if the website was updated real time, with real time pricing.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 12:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
1) Any payment over Rs. 10,000/- has to be made by DD (payable to - "RTO Mumbai West" in my case)
Just wanted to add one personal observation here with respect to the payment options. Pune RTO does not accept any cash at all now. Only DD is accepted even for an amount smaller than 10,000.
Old 13th August 2019, 16:40   #22
r.K
BHPian

Hi. Are 2 wheelers/cars from the same website?

I am checking for Bangalore, but unable to see fancy numbers; only running numbers are present:

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...lNumbers.xhtml

Also when trying to register, I am not able to see Karnataka in the site, or Tamilnadu
Old 19th December 2019, 20:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Had a similar experience as yours, but the process was a lot smoother at Tardeo RTO.
Having my car delivered shortly, any idea on what name do I have to make the DD for Tardeo RTO?
Old 20th December 2019, 09:00   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Having my car delivered shortly, any idea on what name do I have to make the DD for Tardeo RTO?
I just made in this week in favour of RTO Mumbai West. Not sure what it’s for Tardeo but should be “RTO Mumbai Central” most likely.

If you have an address in western suburbs MH02 then get it done there, the new series has opened this week. I managed to get my number allotted in the first day itself and bagged number 50 for the basic minimum fee of ₹5000.

Also was registering another car in Pune last week and Pune MH12 RTO had only few good numbers left so had to pay more for number 8866. This costed me ₹7500 as it was not within 1000 number of the running series. The 2500 extra went towards the number jump.

The trick to getting a good number at basic fee is to choose one that’s not in the vip list mentioned here: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...lability.xhtml
There are several good numbers that are not in this list hence don’t fall under vip. In vip list the basic fee is 15000 and non vip it’s 5000. For example: Number 10 costs 50k but number 50 only costed 5k because it’s not part of vip list.

Above are receipt amounts. Found good agents who didn’t charge any bribe or fee for number blocking as I am also going to do regn through them Jan 1st to get 2020 regn on RC.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th December 2019 at 09:06.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 09:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I just made in this week in favour of RTO Mumbai West. Not sure what it’s for Tardeo but should be “RTO Mumbai Central” most likely.

If you have an address in western suburbs MH02 then get it done there, the new series has opened this week. I managed to get my number allotted in the first day itself and bagged number 50 for the basic minimum fee of ₹5000.

Also was registering another car in Pune last week and Pune MH12 RTO had only few good numbers left so had to pay more for number 8866. This costed me ₹7500 as it was not within 1000 number of the running series. The 2500 extra went towards the number jump.

The trick to getting a good number at basic fee is to choose one that’s not in the vip list mentioned here: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...lability.xhtml
There are several good numbers that are not in this list hence don’t fall under vip. In vip list the basic fee is 15000 and non vip it’s 5000. For example: Number 10 costs 50k but number 50 only costed 5k because it’s not part of vip list. .
Hey thanks for the info. I assume you paid 5000 for 2 wheeler. As I could not see any number for 5000/- for 4 wheeler. Also i heard that they do not take just any DD from any bank. Is that true? Can i not make a DD from my home banker and take it along? What was in your case? My dealer said there some SBI branch out there, he was insisting me to make a DD from there.
Old 20th December 2019, 12:22   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the info. I assume you paid 5000 for 2 wheeler. As I could not see any number for 5000/- for 4 wheeler. .
It was a four wheeler. Like I said, since the number is not in the vip list mentioned on the website, i got it for the basic fee which is 5k. Everything on the website for a four wheeler is vip list hence 15k+
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the info. I assume you paid 5000 for 2 wheeler. As I could not see any number for 5000/- for 4 wheeler. Also i heard that they do not take just any DD from any bank. Is that true? Can i not make a DD from my home banker and take it along? What was in your case? My dealer said there some SBI branch out there, he was insisting me to make a DD from there.
What a coincidence. I was about to update this thread as i am just back from Tardeo RTO. I booked my favorite number 6969 from new jumped series DP for 45000/- three times to normal rate of the number i.e. 15000/-. In the morning inquired about the amount to be paid then went to my bank at Nana Chowk and got the DD issued in the name of "Regional Transport Office, Mumbai(Central)". Went back to the RTO and submitted the application form with DD, Booking receipt & Aadhar card and voila within 5 minutes number is mine . No bribe and no harassment.

You can take DD of any bank. There is as such no rule that you have to take DD from your bank only. RTO does not demand like this. Only thing is that DD is issued faster in your bank without asking any details. Otherwise you have to pay in cash and give details like PAN, Aadhar to the bank in which you don't have an account. Also it take more time to issue the DD.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 14:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
What a coincidence. I was about to update this thread as i am just back from Tardeo RTO. I booked my favorite number 6969 from new jumped series DP for 45000/- three times to normal rate of the number i.e. 15000/-. In the morning inquired about the amount to be paid then went to my bank at Nana Chowk and got the DD issued in the name of "Regional Transport Office, Mumbai(Central)". Went back to the RTO and submitted the application form with DD, Booking receipt & Aadhar card and voila within 5 minutes number is mine . No bribe and no harassment.
Good you got your favourite number! I am also just back from Tardeo RTO, number of my choice was also for 45000/- in the DP series. Did not book it! I had a cap of 15000/- and there were no good numbers left in the current DK series. The guy at the window said that It will take at least four months more for the DP series to open officially. Now maybe will go for the random number allotted by my dealer.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:28   #29
BHPian

I had gone to the Andheri RTO to get the number. I do not know whether this is a new requirement, but they insisted that they need the Form 21 from the dealer and not just a booking or payment receipt. The dealer told me that this would be available by Monday so will need to make a second trip to the RTO. Keep the Form 21 ready before visiting the RTO for a quick visit.

Parag might want to update the initial post with this requirement.

Last edited by praveen789 : 2nd January 2020 at 12:31.
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:42   #30
BHPian

I just booked my choice number on 20th December from Tardeo RTO. I only submitted down payment receipt, pan card and aadhar card copy and the guy at the window booked the number in less than 5 minutes. He didn't asked for Form 21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks