Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 09:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hyundai to phase out Eon by Dec '18

As expected since the new Santro is here.

There were some major shortcomings for the Eon.

1) The engine was really sad on this one. It always felt broken inside. An AMT unit bolted to this engine with such low torque rating would have been a disaster! I so wish Eon had that amazing 1.1 liter 4 pot from the old Santro or i10.

2) The design was a bit too fluidic for the size of the car. A far more neutral design would have worked wonders for the segment its in.

That said, kudos to the space inside and the quality of interiors . I do see quite a few cars doing the runs through Uber here nowadays.
Old 8th January 2019, 10:47   #17
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hyundai to phase out Eon by Dec '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Lovely car - except for two irritants; low suspension and poor mileage.. ...
I used to get 20+ on long drives keeping it below 80 kmph.
And 17+ in twisty rural roads.

My car didn't see much city traffic , so can't comment on the city mileage though.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th January 2019 at 00:47. Reason: Typo corrected
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:27   #18
BHPian

Hyundai Eon Discontinued

It seems that Hyundai has silently discontinued Eon. It's been removed from their website. There were rumours of Eon being discontinued late last year after the launch of New Santro.

I have got special memory attached with Eon as it was my first car which I bought in 2013. It served us well without any issues for 3 years until I sold it off in 2016. When I bought it in 2013, there were 4 cars in A segment - Alto, Eon, Nano & Spark and I must admit Eon was the best looking and had the best interiors among the competitors with a decent 0.8 L engine. Due to these factors, I had selected it. I've taken it everywhere Expressway, ghats, hills etc. and I don't remember it disappointed me anywhere due to lack of power. Infact in Pune-Mum Expressway, I've driven it at the speed of 100-120 Km/hr and the car was stable. Overall, it was a good car, offering value for money at around 3.5 L.

Sad to see Hyundai never really upgraded it in it's 8 year existence. They really ignored Eon and focussed on fat profit generating models like Grand i10, Elite i20, Creta, Verna etc. There was a great opportunity for them to plonk AMT in Eon just like Alto K10. It could have sold in decent numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Hyundai to phase out Eon by Dec '18-capture.jpg  

VJ05 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 20:27   #19
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon Discontinued

A little late to the party! It's going to be almost an year now since Hyundai stopped production of Eon and about 6 months since it was officially discontinued.
Senna4Ever is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:43   #20
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon Discontinued

A very sad news indeed as Senna4ever said this was much anticipated and has happened long time back (6 months back I guess, when new Santro was launched).
I myself own an EON and it's fun to zip through city traffic with this little thing which I'm unable to do with Honda City.
Eon has a strong AC too and never disappointed us in hot summers.

Most Viewed