Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 10:55   #31
Team-BHP Support

I wish they had launched a diesel too...

Would have been able to teach that overpriced laura a lesson or two...
Old 12th January 2007, 11:10   #32
Team-BHP Support

Hey maxbhp the new accord which was launched does not have the CR-V engine of 162bhp, it still has the 142bhp older engine.
Old 12th January 2007, 11:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hey maxbhp the new accord which was launched does not have the CR-V engine of 162bhp, it still has the 142bhp older engine.
Whats more interesting is the 161 PS , thats powers the CRV with the same engine , so what am trying to infer is that why is accord in the detuned state when a sedan can handle more power than CRV (CRV is not an out and out mud plugger so I dont think the extra Torque/PS is needed )
Old 12th January 2007, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Thing is the 161PS engine is the latest one. they have done modifications to this engine. The older one was 142bhp. They are not entirely the same engine.

Probably they got the latest engine on the CR-V as it's an import.

The accord is assembled here. The cost of bringing about engine changes might have been high hence the decision to retain the older engine.

so, what I'm trying to say is that it's not detuned in the accord but the CR-V and accord share different engines.

The older CR-V had the same engine this one doesn't.
Old 12th January 2007, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Guys, Ive seen both the old accord and the facelift in America when studying there. Its the worst rear end job ever done on a car. I know the old accords rear was considered dumpy or whatever but it was what the car was designed with. Designed keeping the entire profile of the car in mind and hence flows with the rest of the car and is unified and doesnt not stand out. The car had a great sporty stance and viewed dead from the rear or sides couldnt be really critisized. On the New Accord its clear just the rear was changed. Its makes the whole car look extremely conservative and no addition of rims or wider tires can make that rear end look sporty. What is especially unappealing is how the bumper meets the tail lamps leaving a space for the boot lid to faciliate easy loading and unloading. While that is appreaciated on either end of the lid the bumper looks like two massive chunks meeting the tail lamp. Pictures can make good looking cars look bad and bad looking cars good. Wait to see it in the flesh. I would anyday prefer my present accord to this facelift.
Old 12th January 2007, 14:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thing is the 161PS engine is the latest one. they have done modifications to this engine. The older one was 142bhp. They are not entirely the same engine.

Probably they got the latest engine on the CR-V as it's an import.

The accord is assembled here. The cost of bringing about engine changes might have been high hence the decision to retain the older engine.

so, what I'm trying to say is that it's not detuned in the accord but the CR-V and accord share different engines.

The older CR-V had the same engine this one doesn't.
I never knew that. Seeing same displacement, same engine configuration ,same Fuel system I was having the perception that they are essentially the same engine in different states of tune , a La 2003 C200CDI-E220CDI trick . My apologies if am wrong.
Old 12th January 2007, 15:03   #37
Team-BHP Support

Hey max they are the same engines. It's just that they kept upgrading a few things every year and boosting power. It's a bit like the merc your mentioning as well as like wagonR or santro who keep making some changes to increase power.
There's really not much reason to detune for honda other than mileage. CR-V mileage isn't too great whereas accords is. Could be due to aerodynamics as well.
The accord can handle the power for sure but remember that the CR-V has partial 4WD and will be heavier so needs the extra horses.

Quote:
My apologies if am wrong.
dont worry about it. I could be as well.

cheers
Old 12th January 2007, 15:57   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The tail lamps have been inspired from the MONDEO , but still it does the job well , its an ACCORD after all .....
Old 13th January 2007, 16:47   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Really dissapointed after seeing the new Accord.
I remember reading about them increasing the engine's power and making a few changes to the suspension in the new model.
None of this has happened.
Was up and ready to convince my dad to get the new accord in exchange for our old one but looking at the luxury car market, our old one is certainly the best.
Really dissapointed with Honda this time.
Old 13th January 2007, 18:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I remember reading about them increasing the engine's power and making a few changes to the suspension in the new model.
Was up and ready to convince my dad to get the new accord in exchange for our old one but looking at the luxury car market, our old one is certainly the best.
Really dissapointed with Honda this time.
how abt exchaging the old accord for the new Sonata Diesel ?
Its more faster than the Accord and more fuel efficient, more spacious . and does not so bad at all.
Old 13th January 2007, 19:14   #41
BHPian

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Really dissapointed with Honda this time."

i cant comment on the engine technicalities but when it comes to design and looks and luxury and elegance and richness and so on... i believe the Old Accord is more more farway good looking then the new Accord. What i used to like most in the Accord was its complete Back. The most sturdy look with Richness all over which somehow seems to be vanished in the new Accord. I didnt quite like the inspired Merc taillamps in an Accord.
Old 13th January 2007, 19:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Dipen,
that seems to be the only option remaining unless we go above 20L.
But i guess we will wait and see now. Let's see how the Sonata does in the markets.
Cheers
Old 14th January 2007, 20:38   #43
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Nice Looking Car!!

But I prefered the old one..They could have just changed the lamp designed to something like that on the civic instead of giving it the triangular treatment..
It would also be same like every one in the indian honda family..
Also i think the front should have been given a small treatment..Like changing the bumpers,the grill..
But in the end Its a good product..Would love to own one of these one day...

Question:
Does this new accord have the Pedal shifters??
Old 14th January 2007, 20:50   #44
Team-BHP Support

Nope SRK no paddle shifters. only 5 speed AT.
Old 14th January 2007, 21:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thts a lot of plastic for the rear fender..specially just below the tail lights..its no more a sporty accord..they've changed it to a more corporate look..sad but this might just give it a boost in sales..we may not like it but it doesnt matter to them(honda). iam sure there will be a boost in accord sales this time round...its really sad for sonata though..wrong timing i guess...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks