Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 22:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford doesn't have an EcoSport for Team-BHP; Can we please borrow yours?

The management at Ford is acting like a group of 5 year olds if they have denied a car for a review based on thread on Endeavour. That is utterly stupid.

I think team-bhp reviews are unbiased and the quality takes a lot of hard work. People swear by the EcoSport and it's a fantastic car even so many years after launch. Maruti might sell more Vitaras, but my pick would still be the EcoSport.

Request: Bashing Ford is going out of hand. Ford will realize that their decision will hit them hard.
landcruiser123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 22:31   #137
BHPian

All's well that ends well!
Old 9th August 2018, 22:33   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm not on FB actively now - So i don't know whats going on there. But - can certainly assure you that this is not new. People have taken up every opportunity to ridicule the forum in the past as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
If one have been following this forum a bit more deeply, you will get to know that there are a hell lot of TBhp bashers out there just because they could not get through the selection process to join this community. They are all over the internet.
I think I have made my point. So do not wish to drag this any further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just wanted to clear the air
Apologies. I seem to have misunderstood you.

Last edited by SCORPION : 9th August 2018 at 22:35.
SCORPION is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 23:20   #139
BHPian

Ford has generally been good at customer service and boy I love their cars, it still surprises me as to why they would deny a vehicle. I would have appreciated if they informed they are denying Teambhp any test drive vehicles. Don't need to elaborate,just a simple statement and that itself would have been a win for them. In this case they seem to have procastinated and made people wonder of it's the Ford Endeavour report that's causing the problem,which may or may not be true for denying the new ecosport. I hope Ford comes back with a reply and avoids further damage.
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 00:10   #140
BHPian

I think Ford Ecosport is a great product and should be in the consideration set of any prospective buyer around the budget.

I am not sure the exact reason for Ford denying the request but what has left a bad taste in the mouth is the unprofessional manner in which they delayed the response and the response itself. They should respect a partner like TBHP (just as they would treat other media houses e.g) and should have resolved this via a proper explanation to GTO and should have offered a TD vehicle or any other route. I hope they are now able to see where they went wrong.

We should also celebrate the manner in which members offered their own vehicles for the review which speaks volumes of the strength of this community and makes this the best in the country. Lets keep rocking !

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 10th August 2018 at 00:11. Reason: White spaces
sahilkhurana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 00:22   #141
BHPian

Seems a bit late for me to post my comment here with the way this thread has blown away, for reasons both good(getting a member's car for review) and bad (Ford's response). That's what makes this forum such a wonderful one.

Reminded me of BBC Top Gear's Muscle Car USA special. Where Chrysler denied them to give the Dodge Challenger and they eventually bought one by paying $10k more than the list price.

aghate is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 00:42   #142
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford PR Head, Marketing Head and all who took part in this decision to not give TeamBHP a vehicle for review need to be FIRED.

This thread is likely to set another record for Ford. The fastest to cross 10 pages.

And I reached this thread via Google.

Ford management seems to be learning PR from Skoda and Triumph.

Last edited by ACM : 10th August 2018 at 00:53.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 04:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[indent]• Option 1 (Borrow): A generous Team-BHP fan lends us his / her car. Sincere request to all of you out there for the same
Yes guys please do this. You will have the pleasure of seeing the best pictures of your car.

Quote:
we promise to take the utmost care of it .
This I can guarantee will happen.

Quote:
Thanks in advance! As a small token of appreciation, we'll gift your car any accessory or extra you got your eyes on (be it a tyre or ICE upgrade, even an extended warranty & service plan).
This is more than generous and even if you refuse, rest assured, they are not returning your car without some goodies

Quote:
I find it peculiar that Ford suddenly doesn't have test-drive cars for us.
Very peculiar and very stupid of Ford. I have recommended some Fords to family and friends based on the reviews. In fact I had told a friend to have a look at the Compass and Ecosport. He had made up his mind to buy a Brezza.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th August 2018 at 07:23. Reason: Typo
pedrolourenco is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 05:29   #144
BHPian

To,

TeamBHP Admins

I own a Ford Ecosport T+ AT bought in the month of March. It’s 7000+ kms driven and can give my car for review. Besides, I’d like a honest and unbiased review from the Admin.

Please let me know if interested, I can drive up to Mumbai.

Regards
Uday
udayjani is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 06:59   #145
BHPian

If the mods are suggesting to go in for the buy option, I'd like to make a small contribution to the purchase, so that the mods don't suffer the losses of reselling personally.

I feel it's the bare minimum I can do to help out in this thread. Running/maintaining servers of Team-BHP.com and of this magnitude, must be a big dent on the wallet as it is.
sharktale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 07:36   #146
BHPian

If I recall, TBHP was not provided a Tigor for the official review, which was eventually completed using a member's car. Just trying to understand why TATA was not called out back then? Was it because they were upfront and stated that "We will not give you a car for review" while in this case Ford was just dilly dallying without a concrete answer or was it some other reason?
aditya9567 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 08:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

This is what makes Team-Bhp unique! Just look at the way the community is coming together for this!

First up, got give it to the admins and GTO for standing up to Ford. Others would have wanted not to highlight this so as to not get Ford worked up for any future TDs. But here is Team bhp saying it as it is. Ford, you did not give us a car, which would have in fact made many people choose the same Ecosport since the review would have been neutral and unbiased and the product itself is quite good. So Ford would have gained really!

Off late, there have been a lot of auto journalism in the guise of You tube videos, even the very popular power drift guys. Have watched almost all their videos, not to take anything away from them, but most of these guys are inclined to be biased towards the manufacturers and do not come out openly with negative points in a car. They seem to spend too much time on the way they shoot and do stuff that they forget the most important thing, the car itself!

And that is where our community steps in, unbiased, neutral, detailed review that no one can ever do!
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 08:45   #148
BHPian

This post has already become a sensation on Social Media! Ford has done a long term damage to their reputation in the minds of the enthusiasts of this country. I sincerely hope it is a handiwork of one or two ignorant marketing chaps and not that of Ford India as a whole.

And with the amount of bashing Skoda India has taken in this forum, they should have stopped selling their cars to anyone who is in possession of TBHP stickers, let alone provide TD cars. The fact that they still do, shows they have realized the strength of this forum and have truly decided to improve upon their terrible service and arrogant attitudes.
M/s Ford, are you listening
mrinmoy_s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 08:53   #149
Senior - BHPian

Autocar was my magazine at one point of time. Would also pour through all the other Indian mags then, Auto India, Overdrive etc., but the preferred one was Autocar for the content, the quality of the paper, et al.

The thing that threw me off was one particular "annual" edition which basically ended up like the women mags which carry more ads than content. I roughly remember it being over 65% ads and the content was also lacking. By this time, I started noticing bias too. So I quit. This is over 15-18 years ago. Never visited a newstand since then.

Team BHP has been my only source of info. I value it for the decorum that's maintained, sometimes harsh, but not brutal. I have been an admin in other forums and I have done the same for language, unnecessary content that added no value etc.

The YouTube reviews are for those who can't spare time to get in-depth analysis, someone who just brushes past the vehicle and most of them look like copycats. I would prefer well-researched text to those. The palpable difference is something like masala movies and cult movies.

Let Team-BHP remain the cult, that it is.

With regards to the ongoing issue, too much has been said and done. I thank the members who came forward to lend their cars for the review. Ford handled it poorly for reasons best known to them. 3 months of being patient is not easy. Two decades ago, I used to pick up the April issue of a mag during the last week of March. Would travel 120 kms for that.

Now let's stop kindling the fire and get on with our lives while we wait for the review.
discoverwild is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 09:02   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
If the mods are suggesting to go in for the buy option, I'd like to make a small contribution to the purchase, so that the mods don't suffer the losses of reselling personally.
Soon as I came across this thread, I checked on the quantum of forum membership. With more than 1,50,000 members on the rolls, all it takes to purchase the highest version of the vehicle in question is a nominal contribution of ₹10/head . But that is an option reserved for another day.

@sharktale, thanks for lending voice to many a Bhpian's inner feeling .
dailydriver is online now   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks