Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:31   #16
BHPian

esteem lover, i think in the other thread named "Toyota's next car" somebody mentioned that vios would be closer to corolla price figure. so maybe vios might not be a rude shock to others, but if you are right it would make life difficult for other in C segment.
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll tell you who's year 2007 will be.

The Indian Consumers.

We aren't a bunch of kaam-chalegas anymore. Car manufacturers have realised that the Indian Consumer is no push-over.
Competition has increased with many more car's available in the same price bracket, all from good trusted brands. That leaves car manufacturers, falling over each other trying to woo the consumer with features, freebies, specs and prices.

And it's not only for cars. it's for car related products too.

I predict 2007 seeing a more satisfied Indian consumer, in terms of products, buying experience and after sales services.
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:34   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With 4 dealers and runflat tyres ???? I have a gut feel that Audi might pull a trick or two using Skoda infrastrucuture
I surely hope Audi do NOT use Skoda infrastructure. The numbskull dealers cant even cope up with Octavias!

On a serious note, it will surely take time for BMW to establish a dealer network in quantity and quality (read Mercedes Benz quality). However, they appear to have adopted a pretty nice strategy by hijacking the top Benz service advisors.
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:43   #19
BHPian

Fiat anyone?

What will happen to Fiat and their facelifted and better marketedd multi product line up?
Are they doing anything with it in 2007?
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:44   #20
BHPian

Hello all & a Happy New Year to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

The Indian Consumers.

We aren't a bunch of kaam-chalegas anymore.

I predict 2007 seeing a more satisfied Indian consumer, in terms of products, buying experience and after sales services.
very well mentioned sam.
i fully agrees with you on this one.
with so many options in car models, i think only a few car makers might be able to pull the masses.
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:48   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

The Indian Consumers.

We aren't a bunch of kaam-chalegas anymore. Car manufacturers have realised that the Indian Consumer is no push-over.
Competition has increased with many more car's available in the same price bracket, all from good trusted brands. That leaves car manufacturers, falling over each other trying to woo the consumer with features, freebies, specs and prices.

Well said...

Even once protected companies like Maruti have become so aggressive and competitive... We defenitly will have more choices, cars, engines... Happy driving...

Old 2nd January 2007, 20:02   #22
BHPian

Only two words can be added to Sams excellent post..

Bingo and Amen !!

Really eager to see some companies taste some Red Ink in 2007 , so that they dont take us customers for granted.
Old 2nd January 2007, 20:25   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
What will happen to Fiat and their facelifted and better marketedd multi product line up?
Are they doing anything with it in 2007?
Nothing much will happen, they don't have enough dealerships to sell their products and support them later.

Let's take my state, Karnataka. There are only 3 Fiat dealers in the whole state. And there are only 3 Tata-Fiat dealers in the whole state, all located in Bangalore. People living in rest of the state can't even of think of considering Fiat. I don't think the situation is very different else where.
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
2005 - Maruti Swift
2006 - Honda Civic
2007 - ???
I don't think 2006 belonged to Civic, I am thinking it belonged to Fiesta.
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

2007 could be the year of Small Hatches with Diesel Engines. The Suzuki Swift D and The Getz CRDi could be the cars to watch out for. And what if the Suzuki decides to launch the Swift Sport ??

FIAT - well they are sure moving lethargically. I would wait n watch FIAT, not take a call immediately.

Suzuki could be the run away winner - Swift Diesel , possibly the Swift Sport and the "NEW" Baleno - potentially all look like they could be segment winners.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd January 2007 at 12:40.
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:41   #26
BHPian

Looking at Mahindra's track record and reading details on Logan, 2007 can belong to Logan.
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:49   #27
BHPian

It will be the year of FIAT and SKODA

Fiat will come back (remember, there is always a clam before storm) with Palio 1.1 and Skoda with their Fabia. Toyota, if they plan to launch "Vaio" may have a good impact. The success of Swift, Alto, Santro and Honda City will continue this year as well. we may expect some more actions in the SUV and semi SUV sector. As rightly pointed out by some of the members, Indians are looking beyond small cars and DIESEL is increasingly getting powerful and smooth.
Old 4th January 2007, 00:41   #28
BHPian

I guess I would be pseudo echoing what Mclarenracer and other are saying. Bimmer will finally provide competition to MB who has been unchallenged in Inida.

Will it be there year? Can't say because I don't know how the average Indian consumer will react to the BMW - I think most people spending 25Lakhs plus will look for prestige and snob appeal that the 3 pointed star provides.

However if you are a car enthusiast that prefers driving versus being chauffered around and you have the money to spend - you will in all probabilty get a nice 3 with that sweet biturbo. And thanks to India shining and all that good stuff - maybe by the end of 07 you will have a lot of nice stretches to kick it up a notch.

So 07 - the year of the loaded fun seeker facilitated by BMW!
Old 4th January 2007, 09:59   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Will it be there year? Can't say because I don't know how the average Indian consumer will react to the BMW - I think most people spending 25Lakhs plus will look for prestige and snob appeal that the 3 pointed star provides.
I disagree. BMW provides as much snob value as the three pointed star. Some may disagree, but even then....the difference is not much.
Old 4th January 2007, 10:13   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I disagree. BMW provides as much snob value as the three pointed star. Some may disagree, but even then....the difference is not much.
In the rurals... people dont realy understand BMW... But, from what i've seen, even in rural areas, people knows the respect the Merc demands...

But... I'd agree that persons who know a thing or two on cars... BMW has an almost equal status as a Merc (Cant say same about Audi though!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks