Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2018, 20:51   #16
BHPian

I guess UP air is equally bad as Delhi's
Why doesnt SC thinks logically to find a comprehensive solution for India than hitting NCR guys with Tuglagi Farmans

NGT creates stupid ideas, makes rules without consulting experts and unfortunately SC also going by it

My impression was that SC is the only logical pillar here but have doubts now.

Would be better if some activists from UP & Bihar too starts flooding NGT and SC with PILs for pollution concerns

Hit and try rules won't work here.
Old 15th August 2018, 21:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: "Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
I guess UP air is equally bad as Delhi's
Why doesnt SC thinks logically to find a comprehensive solution for India than hitting NCR guys with Tuglagi Farmans
This is because of two reasons:
1. First and foremost, Delhi is the capital and enjoys maximum visibility in the eyes of the media and also houses the country's top court and seat of government etc.

2. Delhi is the only place that suffered from this sudden visible pollution when a couple of years back for the first time, pollution due to Diwali, crop burning in neighbouring states and bad weather conditions together created a thick layer of Smog which reduced visibility to almost 0. This was the turning point when every one started harping about the issue of pollution, be it the media, courts, government or the common man.
Old 16th October 2018, 05:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

"Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court

According to Supreme Court, all vehicles should now carry a hologram sticker to indicate the type of fuel it uses.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...court/1345091/

Personally I feel this is a unnecessary exercise. I do not understand what purpose the sticker serves.
The article indicates that owners need to get the stickers from respective RTOs by showing the RC cards.
This will only mean increased chances of corruption just to issue the stickers.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2018 at 07:40. Reason: Rectifying source link
speedmiester is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 08:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

We need to get more auto enthusiasts to high places. What the heck is going on? The speed alert beeps, ugly stickers on our beautiful cars, what next? Electric shock collar around driver's neck? Oops, hope I have not given new ideas
androdev is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 08:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I do not understand what purpose the sticker serves.
To aid vigilance and checking when strategic decisions such as odd/even, banning entry of diesel vehicles with engines >2l or not allowing diesel vehicles over 10 years etc. are executed.

In the future, when hybrids/EVs become common place, there could be further restrictions based on fuel type.
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 08:54   #21
BHPian

This is SCs way of saving you from trouble and expensive repairs. This sticker will ensure the attendant at the bunk will not fill diesel in your petrol tank or CNG in your diesel tank.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 09:02   #22
BHPian

This seems like a classic case of judicial overreach. The making of such regulatory decisions should be the right of the government or the legislature. There is no "judgment" in making these kinds of additional bureaucracy and red tape.
burnt. is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 09:36   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya right. Now we need to pay 1000/- to the RTO agent to get a 10/- sticker .

Seeing the profit, they might start introducing more stickers which will end up like this (Most cars already have 5-6 stickers to start off - Non polluting vehicle, various PDI ones, OE tag, Fastag, roadside assistance etc).

"Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court-shutterstock_176574404.jpg

Source - Google Images

SC should use their valuable time in clearing off much important cases rather than wasting time on this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th October 2018 at 12:10. Reason: typo
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 09:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

On lighter side:
Reason for above rule: Thieves who steal fuel will not know what they stole.

We should request the lawyers and Judges of Supreme court to design the "Perfect" car that has all the rules they are making and start selling themselves. This is a strong business case proposition for supreme court.

They should immediately issue a notice to all car manufacturers in India to stop making cars. Selling the current cars should also be banned immediately

The specifications of "Perfect" car designed by Supreme court that runs on our roads in near future is imagined to be :

Windows shall NOT have Glass.
Reason: Passengers inside will get suffocated and die inside car if they lose the key.

Cars shall NOT have black colors.
Reason: Thieves use mostly black colored cars in movies. Police cannot differentiate

Headlights power shall NOT be more than 20W/30W.
Reason: Police cannot see if thieves are driving the car

Central remote function shall NOT have sound alarm.
Reason: It causes disturbance for police to catch thieves who are in the process of stealing inside the car

Cars shall NOT fill Tank full of fuels inside the tank:
Converse: Tank capacity shall not be more than 10 liters.
Reason: Thieves can go too long away from police during the chase.

Cars shall NOT have 4 doors:
Reason: Thieves will run away from the other side if police tries to catch them from one side door

Other designers: Please add your creative thoughts

Last edited by gkveda : 16th October 2018 at 10:08.
gkveda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:07   #25
BHPian

So after banning sun control films on vehicles, the Supreme Court now has decided to placing stickers would be a great idea. How is a sticker going to help with air pollution? It really bugs me that we end up using binary approaches to solving difficult problems.
caffeineAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:19   #26
Team-BHP Support

Why can't they just ask owners to put different colour number plates for each fuel type, and based on which only the fuel will be filled at the fuel stations? I think that would be a cooler way to implement.

But question is why? A country where the whole motor vehicle system itself needs to be revamped and reworked, what difference is it going to make.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Other designers: Please add your creative thoughts
Colour code the vehicles as well.
All diesel vehicles should be black in colour since they produce a lot of pollution.
All petrol vehicles should be white in colour since they produce less pollution.
All hybrid/electric vehicles should be green in colour since they are eco friendly.

ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Are the fuel stickers required to make the life of attendant at the pump easier so that he can fill the correct fuel based on the sticker? I have heard many a cases where wrong fuel type was filled since the decision was left on the attendant to fill the fuel.

While the SC has recently passed some landmark judgement, this one comes as a cropper. Why is this being touted as a big change?
Old 16th October 2018, 11:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

What is wrong with our authorities?
It seems roads, transport and vehicles are favourite children of authorities and they keep playing with them. And the names of the different games are yellow stickers on the headlight, no film on windows, odd-even, the ban of 15 years old vehicles etc.

Now we have one more game to play, where-in cops will stop us for not having a 10/- sticker and charge us 500/- to 1000/- for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Why can't they just ask owners to put different colour number plates for each fuel type, and based on which only the fuel will be filled at the fuel stations? I think that would be a cooler way to implement.
+1.
That's a right way to do it.
SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 12:01   #30
BHPian

Quoting my self from another similar thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
My PUC was about to expire so I went for the testing and renewal.

There was a pleasant surprise with this new sticker rule.

It seems (as I am told by the PUC guy) Govt. of West Bengal has made it mandatory to stick a sticker on upper front left corner of the windshield.

I am attaching the image.

I haven't heard anything in news about this new rule. May be I have missed something.

I really don't like putting sticker on my windshield. I feel this is obstruction of view and isn't it illegal to obstruct your view while driving?

Removing that gum and mark from the glass without any damage is really a painful task.

Feeling sad

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...dshield-4.html (How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield)

Some one should file a PIL in supreme court against this policy of forcefully blocking the visibility of driver with stickers on the windshield.
NaXal is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks