Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 19:51   #226
BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata has trademarked the Timero name for its upcoming product and it might be the official name the firm wants to give the production version of the HBX.
The name sounds more like something belongs to Titan/Fastrack from the Tata stable rather than Tata Motors.

Going by Tata standards, whatever car this TIMER-o name will be slapped on, should ideally beat the (lap) TIMER, but they perhaps might bring the most lacklusture engine performance, and hence shame on the name. Please Tata, don't do this.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:03   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Hornbill was a much better sounding name than Timero, IMHO.

HORNBILL logo would have looked good on the car's boot like Hornbill or H O R N B I L L on the rear boot.
You and me would understand and like the name but the general public would make fun of it. Horn-Bill
Tata Sumo - Somu
Skoda Octavia - Octiva, Laura -
MS Ertiga - Etriga
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:16   #228
BHPian

Wont be surprised if they take 'Taimur Saif Ali Khan' as the brand ambassador of "TaIMeRo". Will be like the 'Prince' of SUV's is here!
Old 8th September 2020, 20:24   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Would this be launched this festive season, or end up dragging endlessly like most Tata new launches?

Just hope it gets the rumoured GDI version of the 1.2l from day one.
With the more expensive Altroz not getting the turbo, can't wish the same for the HBX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Hornbill was a much better sounding name than Timero, IMHO.

HORNBILL logo would have looked good on the car's boot like Hornbill or H O R N B I L L on the rear boot.
Well, of recent Tata concept/project names have been way cooler than the production names.

Last edited by DicKy : 8th September 2020 at 20:26.
Old 8th September 2020, 21:10   #230
Senior - BHPian

Very few cars have names that convey their true form or purpose. Jeep Compass is one such name.
Maruti Swift is another beautiful name and suits the car well. On the other hand, Dezire is hardly desirable in the truest sense. Maruti Wagon-R is truly a wagon in shape.
Honda Amaze does amaze with the amount of space packed into the 4m body, but Hyundai Aura doesnt exactly have an aura about it.
You have enough space inside the Kia Carnival to hold a Carnival as such. But Tata Harrier's name belies its girth.
Mahindra Scorpio the car doesnt sting you with deadly speed , it rather strikes you full on heavily. But the Thar certainly conveys the purpose.
The Duster and Triber are also somewhat apt.
So what exactly would Timero convey ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 00:21   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata has trademarked the Timero name for its upcoming product and it might be the official name the firm wants to give the production version of the HBX.

Attachment 2052999

https://www.motorbeam.com/tata-timer...e-of-tata-hbx/
This could very well be the name for the Tata Hornbill. However, I feel that it would given a much bolder name to compliment it’s styling.
Also IIRC, Tata was also making a new mid-size sedan and this could be the name for that also.
Old 9th September 2020, 01:45   #232
BHPian

This name is highly unlikely for a car. If one notice the image properly this name is being trademarked by Tata Sons and not by Tata Motors. On contrary, if we see images in other post for trademarks for CAMO and DARK editions, they are registered by Tata Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-picsart_090901.40.08.jpg  

bwildrd#1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 02:03   #233
BHPian

This supposed stud of a car to be called "Timero"

Which car you bought bro ? "Timero"

Geez that name itself is going to be a big deciding factor.

It's like Brock Lesnar having that squeaky voice for all that body.
darkLightning is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:26   #234
Senior - BHPian

Swift, Alto, Wagon R, Dzire, Creta, Baleno, Seltos, Grand i10, Ertiga, Eeco, Venue, Elite i20, Vitara Brezza, Tiago, Celerio, Bolero, S-presso, Nexon, Altroz, Triber.

Above are the names of top 20 cars sold in India. Except few all other names are meaningless and have no relation to the respective car's characteristics. We make fun of every new car names but it has no major impact on its image or sales.
Latheesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 10:54   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
This name is highly unlikely for a car. If one notice the image properly this name is being trademarked by Tata Sons and not by Tata Motors. On contrary, if we see images in other post for trademarks for CAMO and DARK editions, they are registered by Tata Motors.
This might not be true. The picture that BHPian Venkatesh attached with the trademark report clearly mentioned that it is “to be used for vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water”. Since Tata doesn’t deal with any of the 2 (Except air - Vistara & AirAsia India), it would clearly mean that it’s a name of a vehicle. The only other thing I could think of is that it could be the name of a commercial vehicle or as mentioned earlier, the mid-size sedan, if not the HBX.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-f03338f6e92a4b10b440e8d7c0ec903b.jpeg

Last edited by akash_v12 : 9th September 2020 at 10:56.
akash_v12 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 14:38   #236
BHPian

"Timero" has connotations of "timid", aka " timidness". I am not sure if this name will click.
Old 9th September 2020, 16:14   #237
BHPian

Timero sounds like a Mahindra mini truck.

I guess, Tata acquired copyright before Mahindra does so
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 16:21   #238
Senior - BHPian

The name may sound funny to some but does it really matter? And we have no clue if the name has been formalised for the HBX

When Hyundai launched the Creta, the running joke at that time was "What would you call a person who sold his Creta?". Did it matter? It's still the highest selling automobile in its segment.

So, Timero or Timbuktu, as long as the vehicle performs well, it really is no big deal.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 16:55   #239
BHPian

I think the name goes well with the small and supposedly funky styling that Tata will be giving to the HBX, as the big brother Nexon has a funky design.
I remember when the Tiago was about to be launched and the name change from Zica to Tiago was announced, people were going all whaaaaaaaaat! A number of members said how the name Kite would have been better and Zica was also good but Tiago is such a weird name. Now after more than 2 years of its launch, the name Tiago doesn't seem weird anymore, and so will be Timero.
IMHO, it goes well with the line-up Tiago, Tigor and Timero.
Candy$Cars is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 17:16   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Tata HBX spotted again.
Yikes! Vista memories flashback! I hope these aren't the production spec wheels destined for the HBX. After a string of perfectly proportioned cars, Tata better not end up bringing a potentially HOT car like the HBX with under-tyred looks! Looks is the USP of this car above everything. I hope they'll keep this in mind when finalizing the wheel specs too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks