Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 23:01   #481
BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Oddly,there seems to be no hype regarding the HBX which has the potential of becoming the top seller in its segment.
Old 5th August 2021, 23:41   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashodhanGanu View Post
Oddly,there seems to be no hype regarding the HBX which has the potential of becoming the top seller in its segment.
The company hasn't revealed anything about the product in the past 1.5 year. The last time Tata talked about HBX, it was at the Auto Expo 2020 (February). They showcased it there thinking that they will be able to launch it by the year end, but then came COVID. So, they weren't able to maintain the hype for that long. I think it will be able to regain popularity once pre launch activity starts.
udaikalra01 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 00:50   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
This ET report says Hornbill launch is expected in September.

Source: Economic Times: It will be the Mother of all festive seasons: Tata Motors on Diwali sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashodhanGanu View Post
If there is any truth in the Economic Times article, I think one can expect a reveal and campaign revolving around stage 2 of the 2021 IPL.

TML heavily banked on the T20 league for it's two previous big ticket launches, Altroz and Safari. Seems to have worked out fine for them, therefore likely to see a repeat.

Tata's marketing team have been on the ball of late, so expecting no less for what has the potential to be a high volume product.
shortbread is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 22:19   #484

Spotted Hornbill today near Khedshivapur, Pune. Seems to be second top model as the alloys were not daimond cut as shown in previous spy shots nor they were steel wheels but a differennt design which I was not able to photograph.
Other particular details that I noticed were
Halogen reflector (high beam)+ Halogen projector (low beam)setup
Halogen Fog Lamp
LED DRL and Indicator turn light indicator integrated in the stripe above
Blue color under the camouflage as shared in previous spy shots
Tweeters mounted on A-Pillar
Part Analogue Speedo is visible
Cruise Control, bluetooth telephony and other controls of MID on steering wheel
Chrome door open handle
ICE similar to Nexon and other tata cars
Rear seats had hand rest and rear leg-space was good
Contrast white inserts for handrests
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210813_115525.jpg  

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210813_115533.jpg  

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210813_115658.jpg  

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210813_115712.jpg  

anup_av is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 13:44   #485
BHPian

Hornbill to be launched later this year according to Shailesh Chandra, Tata Motors Passenger vehicle division president.

Tata Motors lines up new models, looks to enhance sales network

Quote:
"Already four months are over and we are at a market share of 10.3 per cent. Still, we have two big launches lined up, including the Hornbill, so that is still to come. Besides, we are continuously coming up with exciting interventions in the existing portfolio. So we are quite confident of maintaining this position," Tata Motors President Passenger Vehicles Business Shailesh Chandra told PTI in an interaction.

On new product launches, he said the Hornbill would be launched sometime this calendar year along with an electric vehicle which would be hitting the road soon.

Last edited by sanchari : 15th August 2021 at 13:46.
sanchari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 23:25   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Hornbill to be launched later this year according to Shailesh Chandra, Tata Motors Passenger vehicle division president.
We are in mid-August and we have about four months left in this calendar year and for what we know, Tigor Ev is set for launch later this week. Tata generally spaces the launches and so, would mean, Hornbill launch around Diwali?

Also, wonder when the interview was actually taken. Cause, I'm a bit confused about EV launch. Is it Tigor EV or will there be another EV apart from Tigor this calendar year. He could have just said Tigor cause the teasers specifically mention it but maybe the interview is old. If the interview was taken after the teasers, guess many would be excited as we would get two cars, one ICE and one EV.
Old 16th August 2021, 00:27   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmeter View Post
We are in mid-August and we have about four months left in this calendar year and for what we know, Tigor Ev is set for launch later this week. Tata generally spaces the launches and so, would mean, Hornbill launch around Diwali?

Also, wonder when the interview was actually taken. Cause, I'm a bit confused about EV launch. Is it Tigor EV or will there be another EV apart from Tigor this calendar year. He could have just said Tigor cause the teasers specifically mention it but maybe the interview is old. If the interview was taken after the teasers, guess many would be excited as we would get two cars, one ICE and one EV.
Taking your points a bit further, it seems like Tata have realized that releasing the Altroz EV in the 10L price point might not be profitable for them. As a result, they are releasing the Tigor EV at the same price point, and will wait 6-8 months till the Nexon EV goes for the next refresh, at which point they will jack up the price of the Nexon EV by 1L or so, and slot the Altroz EV between the Tigor EV and the newly refreshed Nexon EV, that way they will have 3 EVs from 10 L till 16L, at 2L intervals, with none of them cannibalizing each other...
Old 21st August 2021, 19:25   #488
BHPian

Tata has officially begun the teaser campaign of HBX starting with a name reveal

Good Luck TaMo

https://www.facebook.com/10411431447...2075154676925/
Sudarshan_N is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 19:28   #489
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX teased, to be launched soon.

Quote:
The most awaited SUV now has a name.
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210821192905_twitter.jpg

DRL

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210821192650_twitter.jpg

Headlight design

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210821192703_twitter.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210821192719_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st August 2021 at 19:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 19:36   #490
BHPian

Going to be interesting to see how the Casper and this car are priced vs the Ignis, which hasn't really set the charts on fire.

Most people pick the Swift at the higher end or Wagon-R at the lower end over the Ignis, and both Hyundai and Tata will also have cars either side of their micro-SUV offerings that may be more practical.

Also while it is good that Tata are launching new cars, I have to ask what has happened to the Altroz automatic? Or the Nexon DCT? Both are opportunities with proven products. I'm surprised Tata hasn't prioritized them.
Goldenboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 20:00   #491
BHPian

If priced right, I believe HBX has the potential to become Tata's best seller. Watch out hatchbacks!

Last edited by Emvi : 21st August 2021 at 20:03.
Old 21st August 2021, 20:08   #492
BHPian

May be a repeat ask. But just curious. Who should look forward towards this car? The car is going to have high ground clearance and based on Pratap Bose's comments in Auto Expo 2020, the car is going to just over 3.8 meters. So, it is going to be almost the length of a Tiago, but SUV characteristic of a Nexon. So someone who wants a high ground clearance car but cannot stretch for a budget of Nexon should go for this? Something like how Ford Freestyle sits between Figo and Ecosport?
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:08   #493
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX Unveil Tomorrow

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210822_170802.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20210822_170745.jpg

Link

Last edited by CarguyNish : 22nd August 2021 at 17:09.
CarguyNish is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:18   #494
BHPian

I'm glad my Ecosport delivery is getting delayed. First the Tigor EV, now this. I've been waiting eagerly for the HBX. Now if I like what I see atleast I have a chance to cancel my booking. I know that is a low probability but I'm really curious to see what TATAs gameplan is with this car.
Old 22nd August 2021, 20:16   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata HBX Unveil Tomorrow

Link
I might be wrong but it seems like Tata will just release the official name for the car, tomorrow. The recent tweets just talk about the name and "identity" of the car.

Considering how they've unveiled their cars in the recent past, it seems even more likely that they'll go for a staggered launch and finally open the bookings for the car in October.
Marauder is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks