Old 5th February 2020, 10:33   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Sneak-peek introduction video of the HBX concept -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:40   #122
Senior - BHPian

Well since it has been years and numerous Auto Expos which I have visited and drooled over 100s of concepts, this one is just like a lot of them and would not be a very successful real world car. I do hope I'm wrong but history says otherwise.

Look at the concept though: remove the offroad wheels, the roof carrier, the bulges which never make it to the production model, remove the bashplates, the cladding.

And voila. You have a KUV100, albeit a better looking one though. It will be a FWD. It will have a low power and range electric motor to keep costs low. So you get the picture. Haha.

Tata is going gung-ho in other models though. Love that the Sierra is back but sad that it'll be in a small guise. The Harrier and Gravitas won't come with AWD. Though are super capable highway vehicles. Might be the choice for daily drive SUV.

But at the end of it all I expect Tata to come up with a Halo Product like the Safari. A full blown traditional SUV with 4WD which doesn't care about sales numbers. That's what the Safari was and that's what a Halo product should be. Extend that Gold AMC to 5 years, and let me know how much to write in that cheque. Bas. Simple.
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sneak-peek introduction video of the HBX concept -
Tata seem to be just upping the quotient with every concept Then comes the cherry on the cake where the production versions are so close to concept.

Good to see the rhinoceros easter eggs in the HBX, just like the Tiger easter eggs in the Nexon.

Last edited by TROOPER : 5th February 2020 at 10:47.
Old 5th February 2020, 10:54   #124
BHPian

Very good attempt by Tata motors. After long time, I am finally making up my mind towards Tata car. Don't mind waiting another six months. I own Innova and Celerio. Got rid of Celerio AMT few months ago and looking for a celerio replacement. Thought of buying Triber but due to safety reasons, I have dropped the car. I am used to Innova type higher seating position. Cannot sit low like in i20 or Altroz. I hoping this would be a good car for my city rounds and occasional highway trips.

Good looking, Hoping higher seating position based on dimensions, Five Star safety(already promised by Tata), reliable engine (Tiago Petrol, already sold in lakhs), all checks OK in my list. Only thing I am looking at is 5000 units a month run rate before I take my cheque to Tata motors.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Walkaround video

Latheesh is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nice walk-around but do watch this on mute. He is just trying to point out errors or things which he doesn't like. For Gods sake please someone tell him this is a concept.

Would like to see how he vlogs other OEM walk-around videos when he sees other concepts or was it just Tata.

But Kudo's to Tata for starting the Auto Expo 2020 with a bang. Everyone is talking about them. Well the good part being concept cars do resemble the production versions which I doubt when I see other OEMs.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:06   #127
BHPian

Walk around video featuring Pratap Bose himself. According to him, the production version will feature 95% of what's seen at the auto show.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 14:37   #128
BANNED

No doubt this is going to be one of the best looking car we are going to have in near future.. however i think Tata should power this car with four cylinder 1.5 L engine and not the one which they are using in Tiago.
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 14:47   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Walk around video featuring Pratap Bose himself. According to him, the production version will feature 95% of what's seen at the auto show.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=l8vgJx926Eg
I think the car looks good inside out for a small SUV. The dimensions of course are bigger. Just imagine a width of 1800+mm for such a small SUV. This is wider than most CSUVs we have today and space must good inside. The only downer is no clarity on the launch dates. Autocar mentioning at the end that it'll come in the next 2 years?
Old 5th February 2020, 14:51   #130
BHPian

“And the launch is expected in the next 2yrs”- this is where it all went downhill. Tata always delays its product launches by so much that the hype and the segment demand are either fulfilled or competition moves to the next generation. This happened with the Altroz - it is being launched now whereas all other premium hatchbacks are almost nearing a generation change.

The Harrier felt half baked at launch and only with the current updates, it stands up to the Korean and Chinese competitions(Kia and MG). Come on Tata, you’ve got a winner here, don’t wait another year on this one. As per Pratap Bose, this is 95% production ready, then why let customers pickup the S-Presso/ Kwid over this one?
aenkay91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 15:19   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks very well made. I hope the production version is near similar to the showcased one.

The C pillar has similarities with that of Swift and XUV3OO.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-pixlr_20200205151811540.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 20:50   #132
BANNED

Pawan Geonka at Tata Motors pavilion!
wheelguy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 21:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata planning a new Compact SUV, codenamed Hornbill

What I fail to understand is the speculation that the HBX will compete with the Kwid and the SPresso! The HBX does not look like a 5 lakh car! From what I can see, this car is likely to be positioned just below the Nexon, with some over lap in prices, may be. So probably this would exist in the same segment as the Swift, Grand i10 Nios and the likes. And that is perfect since Tata has no car planned in that segment. The Tiago is one segment lower, the Altroz slightly higher, so instead of a trying to challenge the Swift and the Nios, the HBX could be the best bet from Tata.
motorworks is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 21:15   #134
BHPian

Is this the near-production spec or production spec?
Old 5th February 2020, 22:07   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
Is this the near-production spec or production spec?
According to pratap bose this is 95% production version
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks