Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 23:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Pawan Geonka at Tata Motors pavilion!
How many senior executives have spoken about competition with a positive mindset? I can’t recall more but with few. I’m delighted to see Mr Pavan coming forward & standing at Tata’s stall and talking proudly about the achievements both the companies have done.

I wish good success for both Tata & Mahindra. They really need to establish themselves before overseas manufacturers start making an impression on EVs.

On the other hand, hopefully Hornbill looks pleasing to the eyes in prod spec like the one presented on the stall. I hope the prod spec doesn’t look bad as an Spresso from Maruti!
gururajrv is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 23:27   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
How many senior executives have spoken about competition with a positive mindset? I can’t recall more but with few. I’m delighted to see Mr Pavan coming forward & standing at Tata’s stall and talking proudly about the achievements both the companies have done.
We have seen Anand Mahindra congratulating Tata on achieving 5 STAR GNCAP rating for Nexon. During that time, he also mentioned that Mahindra is working on similar lines, without taking away any credit from Tata for doing so before him. I like how there is a healthy competition unlike someone else who says "our car is safer than a 2 wheeler"... Just saying !!
DieselAddikt is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 23:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
We have seen Anand Mahindra congratulating Tata on achieving 5 STAR GNCAP rating for Nexon. During that time, he also mentioned that Mahindra is working on similar lines, without taking away any credit from Tata for doing so before him. I like how there is a healthy competition unlike someone else who says "our car is safer than a 2 wheeler"... Just saying !!
Ha ha I concur with your ending lines on your post

These type of healthy atmosphere will bring the best out of companies for sure. 2 wheeler companies should learn a thing or two from our car manufacturers with respect to healthy competition.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 01:18   #139
BHPian

Just wondering, why is there no 'TATA @ auto-expo' thread like how we have for other manufacturers? We have them appearing in the home page banners and under the 'hot thread' sections but not a single thread in those sections about TATA's unveils apart from Hexa safari edition under 'news'.
Is the thread being compiled or are these threads not 'hot' enough?!
abhi7013 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 03:33   #140
Senior - BHPian

There are too many new cars and concepts to cover in Tata Motors pavilion.
Concepts - Sierra, HBX
Upcoming - Gravitas, Altroz EV, New Harrier, and Hexa safari.
Recently launched -New Nexon, Altroz, Nexon EV, New Tiago, and New Tigor.

I am sure I missed few. In addition to the above they have many new commercial vehicles as well. It is going to be lot of work to prepare TML coverage threads.

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th February 2020 at 03:52.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 03:54   #141
BHPian

Looks like the Tata motors have all the arsenal to be the best. My money is on HBX EV under 10 lakhs.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th February 2020 at 09:59. Reason: Typos and readability.
Vulken Auto is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th February 2020, 08:13   #142
BHPian

The Hornbill looks fantastic, which now is a characteristic of Tata cars. 4 or 5 star GNCAP rating, Altroz spec diesel engine and pricing within Swift and Nios category and this should sell like hot cakes. Hit or miss after sales service as well showroom experience(both from personal experience) remain the only flies n ointment now for Tata too become great again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Just wondering, why is there no 'TATA @ auto-expo' thread like how we have for other manufacturers? We have them appearing in the home page banners and under the 'hot thread' sections but not a single thread in those sections about TATA's unveils apart from Hexa safari edition under 'news'.
Is the thread being compiled or are these threads not 'hot' enough?!
Or may be these threads are too hot to be compiled
On a serious note, it is better to have individual threads for Tata cars this Auto expo because of the sheer interest(by extension many posts) they have created amongst BHPians.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:23   #143
Team-BHP Support

Tata HBX Concept @ Auto Expo 2020

The Tata HBX Concept is based on Tata's "Agile Light Flexible Advanced" Architecture (ALFA ARC). It is an extension of the H2X Concept that was displayed at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2019. The car is being readied for production. Test mules of the vehicle have already been spotted on our roads.

The HBX Concept is beefed up to make it rugged-looking:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-1.jpg

Front end is similar to the Harrier with DRLs located just below the bonnet and headlamps placed on the bumper. Auxiliary lamps are located on the grille. Silver skid plate is huge:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-2.jpg

Body cladding and silver skid plate on the sides. Rear door handle is located on the C-Pillar. All pillars are blacked out. Roof rack carries spare wheel and two jerry cans:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-5.jpg

Rear end is influenced by the Nexon. LED lamps look funky. Like the front, there is a huge silver skid plate:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-6.jpg

What is becoming a feature on most Tata cars, there is an animal marked on the car:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-7.jpg

Chunky tyres add to the rugged look:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-8.jpg

"Tata Motors Design" lettering on the side body cladding:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-10.jpg

Interiors feature a black dashboard with copper inserts. Leather wrapped steering wheel has a copper insert and contrast stitching. Don't miss the rhinoceros on the spoke of the steering wheel:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-11.jpg

Doorpad has the same theme as the dashboard:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-12.jpg

Black upholstery with copper stitching and highlights:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-13.jpg

A look at the rear bench. Notice the easter egg on the copper highlight of the front passenger seat:
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-14.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th February 2020 at 20:22.
Aditya is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty. TATA design team is on a roll for few years now !! This car is pretty wide and i would say compete with the likes of Venue and Sonet (dimension wise).

I wonder how they will position this(or moving nexon towards EV space). Or perhaps a Jimny(not sure if that has market in the first place) competition ?
Old 6th February 2020, 11:01   #145
BANNED

Very good design. Modern and sturdy. Will it sit above or below Nexon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The C pillar has similarities with that of Swift and XUV3OO.
More than these cars, the C-pillar is similar to the Suzuki XBee, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20200205151811540.jpg  

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-04_l3.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th February 2020 at 11:07.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 19:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo! I have already fallen in love with this little car.

Pratap Bose has really managed to make it look good, considering its under four metres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Walk around video featuring Pratap Bose himself. According to him, the production version will feature 95% of what's seen at the auto show.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=l8vgJx926Eg
What I got from the interview with Pratap Bose.

# The show car is 95% production spec. The body panels, the glossy grille, the DRL, the head lamps, the tails lamps, all would be there on the production model.
# Length is just over 3.8 metres. Just shorter than Nexon.
# Doors will open 90 degrees, just like Altroz.
# Wheels will be of the same size. (Tyres, of course, would change).

He didn't talk about it, but, I am assuming the digital instrument cluster from the Altroz, Harrier would be there too.

And Renuka is wrong in comparing this with the Kwid and the S-Presso. This car looks much more upmarket than those two.

With the same platform, same engine as the Altroz, I am assuming, it will be priced pretty close to Tigor and Altroz. And some overlap with the Nexon base variants.

I am wondering how will the stance look, once those knobby tyres are replaced with road tyres. If they go smaller, it will look severely undertyred.
ashutoshb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:02   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
And Renuka is wrong in comparing this with the Kwid and the S-Presso. This car looks much more upmarket than those two.
I believe that this will target Ignis and KUV100, rather than the S-Presso and Kwid. The tag line is also "One of a kind", which rhymes with Ignis' "None of a kind". Definitely a very well designed car and looks promising for the segment.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:22   #148
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata HBX Concept @ Auto Expo 2020

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:32   #149
Team-BHP Support

Excellent design, as has become the norm with TATA Motors. No wonder Nexon moved up in pricing with the recent facelift - this should probably occupy the old Nexon pricing.

However, the grey interiors seem slightly on the utilitarian side. Hope they can jazz it up a bit with silver inserts at the right places or some contrasting panels, before the car hits production.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:42   #150
BHPian

Practical small SUV! Neat design. Tata want us to perceive it as city car with some off-roading capabilities. Looking forward to this.

PS: This thread will be busy and alive for at least another year or so till Team-BHP review is out
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks