Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2021, 15:51   #706
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
What's the source of this info ?

Width at 1822mm is even wider than Brezza's 1790mm . Is it including ORVMs ?

Height is almost same.
Tata cars are generally wider than the competition. For instance, the Harrier and the Safari duo are wider than the Fortuner or Endeavour. The Hexa was wider than almost every car below 50 lakh save for the Alturas. So if the Punch is wider than the Brezza, it is kind of keeping up the family tradition.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 10th September 2021 at 15:52. Reason: Typos and addition.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 19:29   #707
BHPian

The unofficial bookings for Tata Punch have commenced at Dealerships who are accepting the same at 21000. They are expecting delivery of Car by October last week or Nov 1st week.
Old 13th September 2021, 21:56   #708
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2436...7609840224778/

I feel this should be the final video of Tata Punch before the launch. Nothing more left to tease other than the interiors and features and it seems this video is shot in Tatas automotive plant.

Really loved the dual tone colour with blue and white combination.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-screenshot_20210913215227__01.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-screenshot_20210913215357__01.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-screenshot_20210913215403.jpg

Last edited by rahul_kej : 13th September 2021 at 22:02. Reason: Added more information.
rahul_kej is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 11:42   #709
Senior - BHPian

shortbread is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 15:29   #710

Will it be as big as Nexon? I have booked Nexon and thinking of waiting for this to launch instead now.

Drive modes + Terrain modes is making me go crazy.
prasad_kajareka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:48   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad_kajareka View Post
Will it be as big as Nexon? I have booked Nexon and thinking of waiting for this to launch instead now.

It is slightly shorter than the Nexon.

Punch - Length 3880, width 1822, height 1635

Nexon - Length 3993, width 1811, height 1606

essentially almost similar in size. Nexon is an established product. Tata's star performer. I would advise you to stick to your choice.
Mafia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:57   #712
BHPian

Quote:

The terrain modes really make a difference if it's AWD. With a FWD they won't alter the character significantly, I also don't see a car in this segment having adjustable suspension.

This will be a segment lower than the Nexon and will likely feature the engine from Tiago. The Nexon gets a considerably more powerful engine. I don't see much overlap in the cars, honestly, apart from their vaguely similar dimensions. Nexon will always be kept as the more premium of the two.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:35   #713
BHPian

Unofficial bookings are being accepted and people are paying? There hasn't even been a proper display of the car, not even a full video by Tata. No specifications and details. The cars nowadays are being teased so much that it's almost on the verge of being gross. Every car company are now like this. Shout in media events that they have got so and so number of bookings just to pressurise impressionable customers and make them suceptible to peer pressure. You aren't cool enough if you aren't a little risky.

The best part is who are these people who decide to pay before proper release and only on basis of teasers and hearsay? Oh! its a Tata, its a skoda, its a VW, etc., they have to be good. Is making informed decision out of fashion? Wait for 10-15 days, its not like anyone is getting early bird prizes. Oh, its just 25,000 rs and refundable. Why should one part with 25,000 for a month i.e 85 rs a month of interest + three rounds of fuel. Its a tiny amount, I know but still.

Take a test drive before booking, why part with your money, time and energy.
Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:41   #714
BHPian

Quote:

It's been said many times on the forum but repeating it. Do not buy a TATA car in the first year of launch.

So wait for this car only if you are willing to hold on for launch date + 12-18 months
Or
if you are ready to be the Beta customer of this product.
Old 14th September 2021, 19:38   #715
BHPian

Quote:

Length wise, it’s smaller than Nexon. I will suggest you to stick with Nexon. It’s in market from last few years and a it’s a successful product. Furthermore, almost all the niggles and issues with Nexon are sorted out by Tata.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:02   #716
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of this car, I like how these Small 'SUV's are redefining the Indian car scene, this might be the one segment where all cars
Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite and the Tata Punch, all look beautiful and have loads of desirability attached to them. We will soon get to see Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki's versions. Missed opportunity by VW and soon-to-be-defunct Ford India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Unofficial bookings are being accepted and people are paying?
Well, I booked the Ertiga without taking a single test drive or looking at the car in flesh (though it came to the showroom just two days later) and I don't regret doing that till date

Some things like 'desirability' cannot be measured in monetary terms. If I know the car is going to have the same engine and same build quality as the Altroz or Nexon, and if I want 'that particular' car in my garage pronto, I would book one and ensure I get the first delivery from the showroom. Yes, such people do exist.

Last edited by NiInJa : 14th September 2021 at 20:11.
NiInJa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 10:00   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post

The best part is who are these people who decide to pay before proper release and only on basis of teasers and hearsay? Oh! its a Tata, its a skoda, its a VW, etc., they have to be good. Is making informed decision out of fashion? Wait for 10-15 days, its not like anyone is getting early bird prizes. Oh, its just 25,000 rs and refundable. Why should one part with 25,000 for a month i.e 85 rs a month of interest + three rounds of fuel. Its a tiny amount, I know but still.

Everyone has their own perception of things. Everyone has a different risk appetite.

So let people do what they want to do unless they are asking you for money to book their punch.

Relax!

Cheers
Sameer
samyD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:23   #718
BHPian

If no one agrees to be a beta tester, Guess No Tata cars would ever be sold. So let's do the dirty work..What say Yes In case niggles appear Team BHP hai na.

Last edited by ampere : 15th September 2021 at 14:32.
Wason4699 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:55   #719
BHPian

There are 3 dealers in my city, two of them are from same owners named Frontier Tata and one named Commercial Tata.

While one of the FT denied taking pre-booking or unofficial booking amount the other FT is taking 25k and told me that there are already 30 bookings done.

Estimated delivery to be expected after Diwali.

I still have to contact CT for details.

On the issue why people are booking without even looking at the car can be a personal choice. We do buy a lot of stuff these days by just looking at it on SM or retail apps in photos or videos.

I've seen a lot of biased comments by people of first gen models of Tata cars. I might be wrong but all car makers have the same troubles in their cars first gen or not. For reference I've visited all the car makers twitter pages and in their reply option anyone can check that all of them have problems ranging from their most sold cars to service related.

"In my personal experience too I've seen this bias when my uncle told me about how his friends recently bought baleno broke down and then he blamed the service station and dealership not marutis make while when he told me about a minor issue from a Tata car of a noise from the cabin and blamed Tata motors make not the service while it is a service related issue."

Also people do buy first gen cars from every car maker and if those cars had quality related issues they would have failed badly or there won't be a second gen to consider. The tech has evolved the companies have evolved there is so much innovation in the past few years even if after that indian companies couldn't translate it in their products and can't change the mindset of the Indian buyer and their prejudice then indian car makers are doomed.
Pramathyu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 15:42   #720
BHPian

Found these on a Facebook group.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-fb_img_1631700512124.jpg  

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-fb_img_1631700643494.jpg  

Last edited by Neeraj1903 : 15th September 2021 at 15:57.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (41) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks