Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 11:31   #781
BANNED

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
After you pointed out, I looked at the video again and you're right. All the hype about Terrain Modes, and no visible dial or evident place for such an arrangement in the Centre Console, seems strange!

Another thought that I have in mind in that they terrain Modes might be on the Right side of the steering, and hence not visible. Or, this is the top-1 model, and hence we can not see the mode selector in the vehicle.

I say Top-1, because I can see space for installing 12V Charging Port in the rear part of the Centre Console, and maybe this is reserved for the top most variant. Also, the door levers etc. seem to have Satin Silver kind of finish and not Chrome, as is usually the case with the top end models.
Well you might be correct, but it is also possible that we can change the modes from the instrument cluster itself, if that's the case, it would be great.
If this is a Top -1 model, then we can expect leather seats maybe?
Moreover in one of the spy shots, body color AC vents were seen, so that might be the top model. I just hope that 12 V port with armrest should come in the top model.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 13:36   #782
BHPian

nice colour!

but, on what privilege does he/she get to drive this on public roads, without licence plates?!
Old 20th September 2021, 13:51   #783
BHPian

Very very attractive colours.
From Harrier onwards, Tata has shown, they could design attractive cars it seems.
Hope it does well in the segment which Kwid did earlier.
Vijay T is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 16:01   #784
KPR
BANNED

I'm starting to hate such aggressive SUV type of styling and raised GC of cars. It looks odd. My rear seat motion sickness is peeping out when I see high GC. Almost every car that is introduced now in India is made exclusively to tackle Zozilla incline, Leh-Manali highway and Bangalore speed bumps.
KPR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 16:11   #785
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2021 at 07:36.
rpmx1000 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2021, 17:37   #786
Senior - BHPian

Looks great
I wish there were a diesel engine, this would have placed it as a perfect budget weekender car.

I have a feeling it's going to cannibalize the sales of Tiago, just like what the Venue/Sonet did to i20.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 20th September 2021 at 17:39.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:11   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The pics from the initial reveal looked boring, and reminiscent of the Spresso, Kwid design language. Now, this is interesting, more of like a mini Evoque! That brown is a good shade
Old 21st September 2021, 11:03   #788
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch dashboard layout revealed in official teaser.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210921110202_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20210921113127_Twitter.gif
Views: 507
Size:  3.77 MB

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st September 2021 at 11:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:27   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Punch dashboard layout revealed in official teaser.
The blue inserts around the AC vents look cool and so does the instrument cluster. The gear lever looks slick too.
When will Tata fit that instrument cluster in the Nexon
On a side note, what's up with the lady creeping towards the car in the GIF? Scared me for a second!
quantobigboot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:29   #790
BHPian

Time for some over-analysis and speculation from the interior teaser. Here's what we can expect:

- Push button start
- Auto window roll-up/down only for driver side windows
- Ride mode buttons next to the gear lever
- There's only 2 pedals, so automatic is on for launch, fingers crossed. (Wonder why they would keep the same gear lever for automatic and manual, though)
- Looks like a decent number of tweeters and speakers too. So should be a well kitted sound system.
- Glad they have the flat bottom steering wheel from the Altroz in the Punch.
- USB ports are flush with the console and not an afterthought (Thank god for that).

Anything else I missed?
smoes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:53   #791
BHPian

There is a latest leaked video which appears to be a test drive by a Blogger on you tube which gives you some more real world idea of the interiors and dimensions of Punch.

Wason4699 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 17:18   #792
BHPian

Tata has perfected the reuse of parts across platforms - Infotainment, Steering wheel and switches, Auto HVAC, Instrument cluster etc... And this is good for both customers, OE and the service guys as the logistics, inventory maintenance and cost of design and production/procurement (read volume negotiations) are reduced.

To explain the complexity behind this for some, it's easy to standardize non functional or non customer touchpoint parts. But to make the HMI, displays and switches common comes with a lot of forethought. This is because there are differences in electrical architecture (hardware and Software). Older generation cars from domestic OEs didn't focus much on common architecture, but now they are mature. Then comes the design (styling) part, where you need to reflect the character of the car/segment and still have reduced part variations. For example, Sport cars feature a different HMI and lighting theme and color accents than a elegant business vehicle. And not to mention, packaging the same hardware in different sizes of space available.
saikarthik is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:41   #793
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealership, they have informed me that one show/test vehicle is arriving by the end of this month launch might be in the first week of next month.

My 2 points about the look of the car:
- The interiors look neat, I like their is not a lot going on there. The terrain modes or drive modes seem to be missing( no knobs or buttons) as seen in the latest teaser.
- The exterior looks chunky like a compact SUV but those black bumpers with no skid plate look cheap. Rugged but still cheap. Might be prone to marks and scratches easily.
- The boot space looks like it's from XUV 300. Around 250ltrs which is small if a family is planning a long trip.
- shark fin antenna and rear AC vents are missing even from a top model.

Nothing yet to be a deal breaker but these things reassure that they have tried to cut cost wherever possible which is a good sign for someone like me who doesn't have a big budget and needs a basic car with minimum requirements so the car might be starting with a very attractive price at launch.
Pramathyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:56   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Tata has perfected the reuse of parts across platforms - Infotainment, Steering wheel and switches, Auto HVAC, Instrument cluster etc... And this is good for both customers, OE and the service guys as the logistics, inventory maintenance and cost of design and production/procurement (read volume negotiations) are reduced.
Talking about reuse, glad to see that they re-used the Altroz's instrument cluster and not the one in the Nexon.
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:55   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The body shades we have seen till now are exactly the ones featured in the Punch logo.

One red, one brownish grey and two blues.

Yeah, however if this is the case and there are only these 5 colors at launch, then people will definitely miss the more conventional shades of white, silver and gray (Assuming that U is grayish-brown). A lot of people prefer these evergreen shades which look good even after the excitement of the initial ownership period is over. This would be a dealbreaker for me at-least!

However, as a prospective buyer I think, we need to worry more about the engine options available at launch than the colors!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks