Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 16:04   #826
BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Nexon vs Punch size comparison.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-243121158_10217492694422704_4580343327807161841_n.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-243118154_10217492694342702_6492596449218204182_n.jpg
r-a-s is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:15   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post

Attachment 2212442

Attachment 2212443
I am unable to find their post, do you happen to have the side profile comparison of the cars?
Old 27th September 2021, 16:18   #828
BHPian

If this is for real, I think Tata should check out how these trim names sound along with the car name Punch Pure, Punch Creative...
Given the name salad they have created, I recommend Fruit Punch- they can have fruit decals or multi-coloured car, with aroma changing air freshner. Maybe this will be their limited edition (if they go the Maruti way).
Old 27th September 2021, 16:27   #829
BHPian

One scoop that I got from my Sales Person who had his training on Punch today that only the AMT top variant will have Terrain Modes.
Wason4699 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:56   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post
Attachment 2212443
Thanks for sharing this. I believe this categorically closes the debate about whether the Punch is small / "Kwidish". I have been seeing the mules often near my home & always felt it was a striking sized vehicle that could easily give the Nexon a run for its money. This set of pictures especially from the rear - confirms it. Looks quite smart from the rear - especially with the really weird looking 2020- Nexon.

As for the trim names - I feel its a step in the wrong direction. The XE-XM-XT-XZ with their sub-trims (O/+ etc) were quite self explanatory and easy to differentiate. This scooped nomenclature if true - will just add confusion (most importantly to the rather unpolished staff at Tata dealerships). Since the Zest/Bolt - Tata had done a better job with this standardizing to this "X" based trim naming. Better not undo it. Prior to that - practically each car model had a different nomenclature for the trims and it made no sense back then.

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th September 2021 at 17:05.
Reinhard is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 17:32   #831
BHPian

full detailed review posted. damn . nothing left to reveal anymore. including starting the engine, etc

economy and city drive modes are available on all trims and are activated by a button near the driver.

rear defogger available

Backseat space video

Hmm.. is it me or the size of nexon and Punch are almost similar ?

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2021 at 19:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
silverbyte is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 18:41   #832

There is nothing yet to reveal except the pricing else everything is out related to TATA Punch. Feels that TATA did not do enough homework before launching Punch as it stills carries the lame 1.2 Revotron engine from Tiago. That engine even struggled in Altroz and TATA had to bring the turbocharged one later. Why!!!! not TATA bring it at the launch itself.
Old 27th September 2021, 18:46   #833
BHPian

The back seat recline angle looks pretty vertical! Wonder how good the back seat comfort will be! The Punch gets a better cluster than the Nexon!
Also Tata has loaded the car to its gills ! A strategy similar to the Koreans. Let the customer decide what feature he wants. Only thing missing seems to be possibly a sunroof. With an aggressive introductory price no reason why this can't do 5k every month!
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:21   #834
BHPian

Got few more details as confirmed by the dealer..

1. 1.2 L NA petrol engine
2. GC is around 20mm less than nexon
3. Boot space is around altroz

also there is a youtube channel by the name HER GARAGE, the youtuber claims to know few details exactly.
Engine : 1.2 L NA
GC : 187 mm
Boot : 366 L
Suspension : lower wishbone mcpherson strut/semi independent twist beam.
Brake : disc/drum

dashboard with ivory insert and Tri Arrow pattern.
engine start stop function
ABS, EBD, BSC
Eco and city mode

Creep mode (amt)
Traction Pro Mode (amt)

Dyna pro Technology

heres the link to the channel.
Pramathyu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 23:00   #835
BHPian

new video has some pretty tall claims with a LOT of confidence.

- 366 liter boot
- ground clearance 187
- AMT creep mode
- Traction Pro Mode - traction control + guidance on the infotainment when car detects traction should be enabled
- Dynapro - high air intake for water wading.
- ABS + BSC (brake sway control)
- Fog lamps with cornering

silverbyte is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 09:06   #836
BHPian

Re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Man, these leaks. I think Tata really did mess up this "Launch". I can understand speculation or assumptions based on spy shots. But here people are sitting in the car, switching it on and reading from the brochure. Knowing Tata, they'll do a Launch first but won't reveal the price. This will be followed by a media drive and then the review ban period would be a few weeks. Then price reveal followed by the actual launch.

This is so frustrating. All the details are out. The car is at the showrooms. I hope they just do a release in one go and immediately start taking bookings and offer test drives. Not sure how much more "hype" they want to create. In this day and age, it's now looking more and more like some overpaid marketing team following an age old playbook completely oblivious to how good launches can be done.

And don't even get me started on launching different engine variants in phases. Am glad they are launching an AMT along with the launch this time.
smoes is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:08   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoes View Post
Man, these leaks. I think Tata really did mess up this "Launch". I can understand speculation or assumptions based on spy shots. But here people are sitting in the car, switching it on and reading from the brochure. Knowing Tata, they'll do a Launch first but won't reveal the price. This will be followed by a media drive and then the review ban period would be a few weeks. Then price reveal followed by the actual launch.
Buddy the cars have already reached dealerships. There's no way that there will be a reveal event of car before price reveal this time around. The prices will be revealed on the launch day itself, most probably. Also we have already seen HBX and it's the same car with couple cosmetic changes. Reveal event makes no sense when you can literally walk into a dealer yard and check out the car itself.
Old 28th September 2021, 10:44   #838
BHPian

my wish is that there is some kind of front and rear ABS guard as accessories. The car kind of feels hatchbacky without that.

but if this car comes with a turbo and traction control + high air intake ... this becomes the new Ecosport right ? I mean who takes over the fan base in the sub 4m Ladakh segment ?
Old 28th September 2021, 12:07   #839
BHPian

This car is surely a looker. Pratap Bose must be proud. Tata Punch has all the ingredients to take on the Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiger in the segment. It seems to have a much better exterior and interior quality compared to its rivals. Also, if priced aggressively would sound a death knell for some hatchbacks in the price category.

The aspirational value attached to the SUVs is quite high currently. With the advent of these micro-suvs, hatchbacks in my opinion are soon going to meet their fate as the sedans.
Old 28th September 2021, 15:20   #840
Senior - BHPian

After several walkaround videos on Youtube, Tata released a new teaser of Punch.

Tata Punch will be equipped with Harman Infotainment system

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210928151826_twitter.jpg

Launch on 4th October

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20210928151628_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th September 2021 at 15:25.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks