Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 14:33   #901
BHPian

Re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Wow. The perfect car I that I been searching for as a second car which can be taken out comfortable by by Wife. The adventure pack AT will clear all my requirements. Hope they dont ruin the pricing part.
nettooran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:34   #902
Senior - BHPian

That's a great video. Can any car with a short wheelbase and ground clearance do a Sandakphu? I did not find any traction control magic in the video either. The wheels were spinning and in most places, she climbed because of the momentum. Can't help think the car deserved a better name and this marketing should have gone to the Safari. Or is Punch the only vehicle in TML stable that can do this because of its unique wheelbase - ground clearance combination?
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:41   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Tata Punch clearly packs a punch ! I'm curious to know if all cars can manage to drive up steep Sandakphu roads. From whatever I've read in travelogues here, only 4×4 can manage to reach it. Or am I missing something ?
Even Polo has done it though they stopped 5 km short due to bad weather.
skarthiksr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:44   #904
Senior - BHPian

Everything looks good except for the weak Heart (Engine). Isnt this 1.2 P Engine a 3 cylinder one? Frankly, I would not buy a 3 cylinder NA Engine based car in 2021. Given the 3 cylinder engine this car goes to the Kwid/Alto/Celerio territory for me

I currently own the Ignis with a butter smooth 4 cylinder K12M. 3 Cylinder from there is a definite downgrade...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 4th October 2021 at 14:46.
vsrivatsa is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:38   #905
BHPian

Good package but the 3 cylinder 1.2 litre NA engine is a disappointment to me. Although I was not really expecting Tata to plonk the turbo petrol in the Punch but after the Altroz, Tata should have considered it.

Yes, I have owned two 3 cylinder engine cars so far, Celerio and Ecosport Dragon Petrol, but I miss the smoothness of a 4 cylinder Petrol engine. Maruti's own 1.2l 4 cylinder is such sweet engine. Wish Tata had a good 1.2 litre 4 cylinder engine.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:56   #906
KPR
BANNED

Why 90 Deg door opening is marketed as a feature? While coming out of my Punto I noticed that it will be around 80 Deg which itself is more than sufficient. Is this really needed for a car?
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:46   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Tata has a winner in their hands ! The rear flat floor and 90 degrees door is such a boon for senior citizens especially. Wagon R sells just because of this reason alone. It's good to see a Wagon R competitor in ingress and egress from Tata. Hoping this sells like hotcakes and also eagerly waiting for GTOs review!
Maybe the product is capable or superior. But can Tata really match Maruti in terms of the whole ownership experience? I for one, would never be able to recommend a Tata to any senior citizens just yet. They are probably better off with a WagorR or Ignis. The ownership experience remains a big gamble despite the progress Tata has made so far. You don’t want them running from pillar to post for trivial things at this stage of their lives.
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:22   #908
BHPian

As a first car, especially for wife who will be new driver and would appreciate heighted view and ability to see bonnet. I am seriously considering this. Adventure AMT will be my choice with Carplay and all. I hope it is within my reach or else I will have to increase my reach.
raksrules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:45   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
As a first car, especially for wife who will be new driver and would appreciate heighted view and ability to see bonnet.
Me too, but I am worried about the engine. Someone above posted that even trucks will go faster than this car, giving some more thought to go with this or go for a turbo engine which is only available in Nexon.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2021 at 17:52. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 4th October 2021, 18:06   #910
BHPian

The 1.2 petrol from the revotron series is a big downer for me. The Kiger and Magnite have the edge in this department. Tata should seriously consider the turbo petrol from the Altroz and mate it with a CVT.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:04   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
The 1.2 petrol from the revotron series is a big downer for me. The Kiger and Magnite have the edge in this department. Tata should seriously consider the turbo petrol from the Altroz and mate it with a CVT.
Just quoting you for your question. I am answering to all those who asked.

Guys, the Punch is not as an alternative to the category of the Kiger, Magnite, Venue, Sonet or Brezza. For that, Tata has the Nexon. The main purpose of the Punch is to take on the C3 Aircross & somewhat, the KUV1OO.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:14   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Guys, the Punch is not as an alternative to the category of the Kiger, Magnite, Venue, Sonet or Brezza. For that, Tata has the Nexon. The main purpose of the Punch is to take on the C3 Aircross & somewhat, the KUV1OO.
Magnite starts at Rs 5.6L and Punch is also expected to be priced around that. People will obviously compare across segments as long as there is a price overlap.
Old 4th October 2021, 19:24   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Some clear images of the Punch in White, received on Whatsapp:-

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-101.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-102.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-103.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-104.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Punch officially revealed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
Some more deets on Punch from the presentation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Punch variants details
The official brochure, in continuation to the posts above:-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Punch_Official_brochure.pdf (7.20 MB, 187 views)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th October 2021 at 19:50. Reason: added brochure PDF.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:53   #914
anb
BHPian

Punch, the most inappropriate name for a vehicle that comes with only 113 Nm maximum torque. What is the Kerb weight of the Punch ? The information seems missing.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:55   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Just quoting you for your question. I am answering to all those who asked.

Its going to be an overlap of segments considering the price ranges expected.
Buyers may even compare it with the likes of some hatchbacks like Baleno, Grand i10 and sometimes even the base variants of the POLO.
In that case TATA could also plonk a more powerful version of the turbo petrol at a later date and may even badge it as a performance variant.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks