Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 13:43   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Looks nice! If priced around 5-5.25 lakhs, it could compete with the likes of Maruti Swift. Now that Maruti doesn't sell diesels anymore, Tata has the opportunity to sell in volumes.
That is If they launch with diesel.

No doubt, it would do great sales even with just petrol.

But all the rumours point to the 1.2 NA petrol engine and maybe the 1.2 turbo petrol. In the future it may get the GDI version of the 1.2 petrol.
Rumours of diesel on the HBX has not been reported anywhere.

With the cheapest diesels now at ~8 lakhs mark (Altroz, Figo family, i10 Nios), a HBX diesel would be godsend for people who still want a cheap diesel.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 13:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX spotted in Pune

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201026_131841.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201026_131844.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201026_131847.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201026_131850.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 10:59   #258
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX spotted testing

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20201030105712_chrome.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20201030105719_chrome.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-smartselect_20201030105727_chrome.jpg

https://www.overdrive.in/news-cars-a...otted-testing/
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 19:27   #259
BHPian

A close friend who works with TaMo mentioned that this will be launched in March/April. The Name could be - and a big could be - "Hornet" related. The Pricing is already pretty much decided. The mules are final production versions.
torquecurve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 21:06   #260
BANNED

I live in Pimpri-Chinchwad, a city that houses Tata Motors PCBU. I have almost become desensitised towards these Tata Hbx/Timero/Hornbill/whatever mules. I have stopped remembering since when I am just looking at the mules. Tata seem to be running their mules for so many years that it's a bit irritating to just stay cool and await the car to be available on road.
My eyes were set on Altroz earlier but then my requirement changed. Now scouting for a vehicle where my parents can ingress-egress easily. Due to walk-in seating and better GC, this car (supposed) fits my requirements very closely. Also hoping that it retains the 4* plus safety score. But, I am tempted to look at other options now, just because Tata won't launch it. I think ISRO will send a man on moon before Tata are done giving final touches to this micro-suv. But barring KUV1OO, i don't think there is any similar vehicle available in the market. So I believe Tata are just happy selling Nexons and Altrozs.
So, if anyone reading this from Tata, please launch it at least in 1H 2021. Enough procrastination!
RockingHorse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 01:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingHorse View Post
it's a bit irritating to just stay cool and await the car to be available on road.
I have a friend who wants a safe diesel sub 4m SUV. He was looking at nexon, but it was beyond his budget. Its been 4 months since i asked him to wait for this. He's been sitting tight ever since and is holding on to his ambassador. His RC expires 2021 June and he wants to upgrade ASAP. If this doesn't get launched any soon he might buy a venue SX D(costs 11.5L on road) . Tata is losing a lot of similar customers. Not just that, I am no longer interested in test mules. Tata is losing people who pay attention too.

Last edited by ampere : 9th November 2020 at 22:40. Reason: fixed quote tag
Benoit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 02:19   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingHorse View Post
Tata seem to be running their mules for so many years that it's a bit irritating to just stay cool and await the car to be available on road. .
So, if anyone reading this from Tata, please launch it at least in 1H 2021. Enough procrastination!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
. Tata is losing people who pay attention too.
Every car from Tata evokes a similar response. Awe, expectation, mule sightings, everyone wanting it yesterday. I guess we need to understand that Tata will sell it when they deem it fit for release. No amount of lamenting is going to bring the launch any closer.

If you have an urgent need for a car then you need to pick one that's already available. Not wish for one to be launched sooner and blame a company for it. I was hoping to buy a Jimny in the 90s, picked up a Gypsy King in '97 and sold it '06. 14 years later, the Jimny is yet to come. My son is old enough to drive now.

Would you rather have a beta version like the Harrier 1.0, or wait for an well-rounded 2.0? If Tata is going to lose a customer because he's unwilling to wait, then Tata would also gain a customer who thinks he'll buy a car next year. In the overall scenario, an individual's choice doesn't matter much.

A car is a need in today's world. It's also a luxury that we already have plenty to choose from. The most ideal car, that would suit all my requirements at my price and time, does not exist.
discoverwild is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:08   #263
BHPian

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-img_20201105_135445_392.jpg

Spied the hbx xe/xm variant today in pune. The presence of steel wheels and absence of steering controls indicates this was one of the base variant. It had a really small display inside which is similar to what you get in the rhythm pack for the altroz

Last edited by aansh singhania : 5th November 2020 at 15:12. Reason: Messed up the attachment
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:15   #264
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX spotted testing in Himachal Pradesh

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201105_151339.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201105_151341.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201105_151344.jpg

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-20201105_151346.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 18:39   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA Motors is yet to fix the date for the release of the CUV, likely to be further delayed.

Beyond March 2021?

Quote:
On the other hand, unlike the Tata Gravitas launch date, the firm is yet to fix the dateline for the launch of the HBX subcompact SUV, denoting that the model’s introduction is set to be delayed further.

Link
Old 9th November 2020, 21:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Could possibly be because Tata is testing the new 1.0L GDI engine that is supposed to debut with the Hornbill. Or it could be due to their strategy of launching something every 3 months to stay visible ? The Gravitas is further along in development so it will come after the Turbo Altroz and possibly the DCT Altroz and Nexon.
Old 9th November 2020, 22:33   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Could possibly be because Tata is testing the new 1.0L GDI engine that is supposed to debut with the Hornbill. Or it could be
It could be due to Hornbill sharing manufacturing set-up of Altroz and with good current demand of Altroz, Hornbill would not be feasible in large numbers unless cycle time is substantially is reduced by adding additional equipment in the line!

Last edited by ampere : 9th November 2020 at 22:40. Reason: fixed quote tag
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 11:57   #268
BHPian

Re: The Tata Buzzard (H7X) SUV. Edit: Named Gravitas

In a recent supplier meeting, TML management confirmed the launch of Gravitas in January'21, followed by the Hornbill (Altroz based Crossover) in May'21.
anandseth01 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 17:55   #269
BHPian

Some people here are mentioning prices of 5-8 etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be the Creta rival? Absolutely no chance creta rival is going to launch for 5-8.

Also, I am pretty sure it'll launch with a diesel, demand for diesels in small cars like Tiago, swift and Figo might not be much but higher on in the segment, diesel is still important to achieve atleast two digit fuel economy.

A retuned version of the Nexon 1.5 with 115-120 hp and 300 nm torque, paired with a good TC gearbox will be a treat, on the highways.
Old 10th November 2020, 18:02   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Some people here are mentioning prices of 5-8 etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be the Creta rival? Absolutely no chance creta rival is going to launch for 5-8.
No, the Hornbill aka HBX is a vehicle smaller than 4-metres, about 3.8-metres and will compete with the likes of Nissan Magnite.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks