Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2021, 13:22   #451
BHPian

re: The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV

The amount of testing this car has gone, hope it is niggle free. Waiting for the launch eagerly as the dimensions suits perfectly for my city needs. Have to book it right at the launch day itself, cant wait for Tata to iron out the niggles so mostly will be opting for mid variant as less electronics means less niggles.
rahul_kej is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 14:00   #452
BHPian

Have heard that a new petrol engine might debut with the HBX. Does anyone have info on this?
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:23   #453
Senior - BHPian

Any birds chirping about the launch? Media drives?
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:53   #454
Senior - BHPian

Tata HBX (Hornbill) spotted testing again.

Source
akash_v12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 18:50   #455
BHPian

I just hope that this news is fake. According to latest reports Tata is planning to launch HBX at year end around November December. According to them there is positive buying sentiments during that period of time.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-hbx-micr...r-diwali-2021/
Old 21st July 2021, 17:22   #456
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Tata Hornbill (HBX) production kicks-off

Tata Motors seems to be gearing up to launch the Hornbill (HBX) as we have learned that production has already started and the first batch of cars is ready.

The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV-download-26.jpg

The Tata HBX is based on the ALFA platform which is shared with the Altroz. The crossover is likely to be offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 85 BHP and 113 Nm. Higher variants of the car might get a turbocharged 1.2-litre motor, while transmission options are likely to include a 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT.

The production version looks very similar to the HBX Concept that was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The exterior styling is based on Tata's Impact 2.0 philosophy. The car has a Harrier-like front fascia with slim LED daytime running lights on either side of the grille and headlamps positioned lower down on the front bumper.

The Tata HBX will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the upcoming Hyundai Casper (AX1).

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st July 2021 at 17:27.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:05   #457
BHPian

This looks very promising, just like the Harrier and the Altroz prototypes did. I'm sure that the looks will be to die for, proportions will be bang on, and the interiors will be top notch.

Buuut... Tata will most definitely screw it up by offering mediocre engines at launch, or not offering auto transmission at launch, and generally do anything and everything they can do to disappoint the eager enthusiasts and divert sales to Suzuki and Hyundai/Kia.

5 years ago, I waited for months to buy the Nexon, and finally gave up. Now, I'm looking for an upgrade, and the Nexon has a mediocre AMT coupled to a sporty chassis and engines, instead of a proper TC or DCT. Meanwhile, Hyundai, Kia, and even Suzuki are laughing all the way to the bank after cornering the automatic market.

Automatic transmissions are not rocket science, Tata. (though you do have Aerospace and Nuclear divisions). The torque convertor has been around for almost a hundred years. If you can't make one, here's a list of companies that make them, from Aisin to ZF Sachs. After all, it's not the first time you had to do it, like you did for the Hexa, or the Harrier. Or get a CVT from Nissan. By the time you guys finally work the kinks out of your homegrown DCT, you will have another dead model name in your hands and you will be left
vivekgk is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:20   #458
BHPian

The vehicle hasn't even hit the market and the criticism has started.

I hope it is a well put together car with a nice peppy engine.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2021 at 23:43. Reason: Grammer
matizcrazy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:29   #459
BHPian

This is brilliant news, but if the first batch is ready, what is Tata waiting for?! Just launch the vehicle and start sending display vehicles to the showrooms. At least announce a launch. Seriously, what's holding them back? Wait till mid August and the XUV 700 is all anyone will be talking about. Get on with it already!
Coyote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:24   #460
BHPian

The front looks more like Harrier Nexon mutant combo, but merged well. As few mentioned the proportions look good unlike the others in market in this segment. I also mentioned in another post that the alloy wheel looks like a rounded Swastika, I would like to see them spinning and know the aesthetic effect.

Are the head lamps carried over from Harrier & the front grille from Nexon? - The grille can't be as it looks smaller, but the design theme definitely is. Good to see Tata is working on common design theme as well as the parts.
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:12   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
This is brilliant news, but if the first batch is ready, what is Tata waiting for?! Just launch the vehicle and start sending display vehicles to the showrooms. At least announce a launch. Seriously, what's holding them back? Wait till mid August and the XUV 700 is all anyone will be talking about. Get on with it already!
I doubt people are gonna buy XUV700 instead of HBX if both launch at the same time . Tata already launched XUV700 competitor Safari.

Regardless of the timelines and marketing buzz, all companies need to get the launch pricing right. There is enough competition in both segments currently and people will quickly ignore the overpriced models.
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:02   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I doubt people are gonna buy XUV700 instead of HBX if both launch at the same time .
No, I don't think that either! My comment was from the perspective of a marketing campaigns and grabbing eyeballs - Front pages of auto mags, newspapers, youtube and social media reviews, paid promos, giveaways, merchandise, ad campaigns, comparison content, etc.
Old 22nd July 2021, 14:14   #463
AZT
BHPian

It'll be embarrassing if they end up offering the AT for this, which should be cheaper than the Nexon, and keep the AMT for Nexon.

Gaadiwaadi link says this is competing with the Ignis so they wont have much wiggle room for the price.
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:39   #464
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the anonymous fan who shared this tip with us.

Have we heard anything about media drives yet?

Waiting to hear something from Tata soon.

Also, since it's sharing it's platform and engine with the Altroz and the AMT is from the Tiago, I am really hoping that it will be niggle free from day one.
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:12   #465
BHPian

Tata HBX expected to be launched on 4th August

Quote:
The long awaited Tata HBX is all set to be launched in India. As per a media invite shared by Tata Motors, the company is getting ready to launch a new product on 4th August. Though Tata Motors has not revealed the name of the product yet, we expect it to be the launch of much awaited HBX Mini SUV. Media invite reads, get ready to “witness the launch of the Tough and Sporty avatar of something which is seriously fun.”

Tata Hornbill will be the smallest SUV in the company lineup. This 5 seater, sub 4 meter model borrows most of its design inspiration from Tata’s flagship SUVs – Harrier and Safari. Ahead of launch, sources suggest that the SUV has entered production and is now ready for dispatch to dealers.
Source
udaikalra01 is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks