Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 23:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Now I am wondering if it makes sense to take the add-on warranty. What's the likelihood of another DSG failure in the next 3 years?
Absolutely.

Owning a German, it is sacrosanct to purchase maximum Extended Warranty available. Speaking from experience.

Having EW eases process to claim even non covered items.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 20:10   #47
BHPian

My 2+2 Warranty for the GT TSI expires in December 2018. I spoke to VW Andheri Workshop and they told me that i can avail of the add on warranty only after my 2+2 expires. On sharing with them info received through this forum, they said they ll check and get back.

They requested me to get in touch with the VW Kurla workshop as the Andheri workshop is shifting to Ram Mandir-Goregaon by the 1st week of October.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 20:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
My 2+2 Warranty for the GT TSI expires in December 2018. I spoke to VW Andheri Workshop and they told me that i can avail of the add on warranty only after my 2+2 expires. On sharing with them info received through this forum, they said they ll check and get back.
They requested me to get in touch with the VW Kurla workshop as the Andheri workshop is shifting to Ram Mandir-Goregaon by the 1st week of October.
Would suggest you be cautious on two counts:- (1) when does your warranty start from - from date of your purchase or date of manufacture which will be a month or two earlier. European OEMs, including I believe VW, have messed around on this with customers; (2) Typically you should sign up the new warranty before the expiry of the current one. I know of at least one case where an attempt to sign up for the extended warranty 3 days after the expiry of the previous one was rejected by the OEM. Best of luck.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 22:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to VW Andheri Workshop and they told me that i can avail of the add on warranty only after my 2+2 expires.
Absolutely incorrect information.

Extended Warranty EW is to be purchased before the Expiry of current one.

Get in touch with VW Workshop nearest to you or any other workshop. VW Downtown and VW Autobahn Navi Mumbai are the best.

EW is purchased and processed by and VW Workshops.

Do purchase the 5th year and later 6th and 7th.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 19:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Absolutely incorrect information.

Get in touch with VW Workshop nearest to you or any other workshop. VW Downtown and VW Autobahn Navi Mumbai are the best.

EW is purchased and processed by and VW Workshops.

Do purchase the 5th year and later 6th and 7th.
Thanks. I plan to visit the VW Kurla workshop tomorrow as it is close to my office. Will keep you posted
Old 17th September 2018, 21:23   #51
BHPian

I got the +3 years (total 5 years) for my Tiguan. Got the reduced rate because I got it done before my first year warranty expired.

Already replaced the battery under warranty, so didn't have to think twice.
Old 18th September 2018, 13:13   #52
BHPian

If I buy a 2015-16 Jetta/Vento, can I then keep purchasing the warranty as a 2nd owner of the car? I mean it would be ideal and would mean I can have fun with the car without worries of anything.
Old 18th September 2018, 22:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
If I buy a 2015-16 Jetta/Vento, can I then keep purchasing the warranty as a 2nd owner of the car?
Yes given car is under extended warranty and it hasn't expired.

Assuming car of 2015 make. 2 year standard warranty means till 2017. So the car needs to have Extended Warranty to purchase further up-till 7 years.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 00:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I plan to visit the VW Kurla workshop tomorrow as it is close to my office. Will keep you posted
I spoke to VW Autobahn, Kurla workshop and i was told that i need to get in touch 1 month prior to my 2+2 extended warranty expiring and they ll do the needful.

My warranty expires 5th December 2018. I have been asked to get in touch on 5th November to get it extended for the 5th year and from then onwards, it will be a yearly affair upto 7 years.

This is a great relief as i was initially planning to sell the car as soon as the extended warranty expires.

Last edited by RJ2285 : 19th September 2018 at 00:35.
Old 20th September 2018, 12:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
... as i was initially planning to sell the car as soon as the extended warranty expires.

Sad state of affairs but the truth - owning a DSG equipped car w/o warranty is like living on the edge. I hope VW does something about it.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 20:05   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Purchased the 6th year add on warranty for my Vento TSI today. Been out of warranty since the extended warranty expired after the 4th year. Good to get the additional peace of mind considering it is a DSG variant. It is definitely expensive at INR 22367 for the Vento TSI. But considering the cost of failures, really had no choice with the car entering the 6th year and reaching 50k km.

Few points to note.
  • If the car is already out of warranty, then an 'inspection' is mandatory. I had read this but thought it would be a quick one. But it took around 2 hours and there is a check list they need to follow and then submit to VW apparently(Snapshot below).
  • If you have a service due, then club the purchase with that, otherwise be prepared to spend a 2-3 hours there.
  • If already in warranty or extended warranty, then this inspection is not needed.
  • The checklist looks straightforward. Not sure if any modifications will be easily caught.
  • Interestingly the cost for the petrol MT is less than 1k cheaper than the TSI.

The Add on Warranty Checklist:

Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India-img_20181128_154950.jpg

Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India-img_20181128_154958.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
If I buy a 2015-16 Jetta/Vento, can I then keep purchasing the warranty as a 2nd owner of the car? I mean it would be ideal and would mean I can have fun with the car without worries of anything.
As per the terms, maximum 2 ownership changes are allowed. So if you are the third owner, then as per their terms, you will not be able to take extended/add on warranty.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th November 2018 at 20:24.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 23:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Purchased the 6th year add on warranty for my Vento TSI today. Been out of warranty since the extended warranty expired after the 4th year.
Interesting, I thought this could not be purchased if the car was out of the 2 + 2 extended warranty period. My 4th year has come to an end this April and I am wondering if

1. Is my car eligible for an additional warranty purchase?
2. IF yes for 1, Will I have to buy the warranty for individual years or can I purchase it for the next 3 years?

Could you shed some light on this please

Last edited by Amarendranath : 28th November 2018 at 23:31.
Old 28th November 2018, 23:44   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I own a Volkswagen Jetta TDI purchased in November, 2014. Sorry for this noob question but is it possible to avail for extended warranty upto 7 years considering:

- My car's standard warranty has already expired and I didn't opt for the 4 year extended warranty

- The car is completely stock and has been serviced regularly at the same VW service centre for the past 4 years. No major issues except for a water pump change and a wheel speed sensor gone bad.
Old 29th November 2018, 06:52   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I own a Volkswagen Jetta TDI purchased in November, 2014. Sorry for this noob question but is it possible to avail for extended warranty upto 7 years considering:

- My car's standard warranty has already expired and I didn't opt for the 4 year extended warranty

- The car is completely stock and has been serviced regularly at the same VW service centre for the past 4 years. No major issues except for a water pump change and a wheel speed sensor gone bad.
Typically no.
When I bought my Skoda it had an extended warranty upto 4 years. Then they suddenly introduced a longer extended warranty, but despite my car having been serviced by the same fellows year after year, they did not support my request citing that this facility of longer warranty was only with prospective effect and not with retrospective effect.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 09:07   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

Yes it would be applicable. You would be eligible to buy the add on warranty for every year from now on given that the car passes the vw checklist in inspection. The cost is around 30-35k per year as per the list given in the first few pages.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed