Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2019, 11:50   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
And now some more good news on this front.

VW is offering discount of upto 70% on both extended warranty and service value package between 26th Jan and 10th Feb!
The SA from VW Rajajinagar was kind enough to call me and offer a huge discount on 1 year add-on warranty for GT TSI. She asked me purchase the warranty now with validity starting at the expiry of extended warranty in May.
Old 31st January 2019, 11:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
The SA from VW Rajajinagar was kind enough to call me and offer a huge discount on 1 year add-on warranty for GT TSI. She asked me purchase the warranty now with validity starting at the expiry of extended warranty in May.
That's a kind of pleasant surprise! Earlier, VW was insisting that any extensions to the warranty can be purchased only 1 month prior to the expiry.

Looks like VW is taking some positive steps to improve its after-sales experience index by measures like these.

Can you please share the discounted price that is being quoted to you, may help us BHPians to know the benchmark rates?
Old 31st January 2019, 12:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
That's a kind of pleasant surprise!

Can you please share the discounted price that is being quoted to you, may help us BHPians to know the benchmark rates?
Yeah, I was also surprised at the proactive nature of service team.

The SA quoted INR 5935 for 1 year/20000 kms add-on warranty.
Old 31st January 2019, 12:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I was also surprised at the proactive nature of service team.

The SA quoted INR 5935 for 1 year/20000 kms add-on warranty.
Whoa! That's a hefty ~55% discount that has been quouted to you, amazing.

BTW, why don't you push for the "upto 70%" discount, that is being advertised on the official site? You never know if you get lucky
Old 31st January 2019, 12:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

While we are having this discussion, I just received an email from VW India saying that a designated Customer Relationship Manager from the dealer will contact/attend to my service query regarding the discounts on extension of warranty (which I had put up yesterday) within the next 48 hours.

Am impressed by this marked improvement in terms of customer responsiveness.

Below is the extract of the email (names and other info deleted):-

Name:  vw email.PNG
Views: 4055
Size:  32.6 KB
Old 1st February 2019, 11:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, why don't you push for the "upto 70%" discount, that is being advertised on the official site? You never know if you get lucky
Yeah, I could have done that. But I did not and I went ahead with the given quote.
Old 1st February 2019, 17:01   #82
BHPian

Don't we have the 7 year warranty in Polo. It is safe to be covered under warranty for as long as possible specifically with DQ200. I did an extensive test drive of Polo GT TSI today at Volkswagen Gurgaon the sales guy was unaware of any such news.
Old 1st February 2019, 17:28   #83
BHPian

Is it applicable on Skoda? My Rapid's 4 year warranty about to expire. Can I enroll in this?
Old 1st February 2019, 18:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now some more good news on this front.

VW is offering discount of upto 70% on both extended warranty and service value package between 26th Jan and 10th Feb!

On the site, one has to provide all details including car registration number to get the customized quote from the local dealer.

Link to site
Getting the extended warranty done for my 2015 Jetta tomorrow. The original price is 47k + GST for 01 yr / 20,000 kms. Post discount it is 22k incl GST. Perfect!!
Old 6th February 2019, 11:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I could have done that. But I did not and I went ahead with the given quote.
An update: I received the add-on warranty certificate via email last evening. I have asked the SA to send me a hard copy via snail-mail. The add-on warranty coverage starts right after the extended warranty expires.

Last edited by srinivasnvns : 6th February 2019 at 12:04. Reason: Adding more information.
Old 6th February 2019, 13:22   #86
BHPian

Got my warranty renewed by VW Rajajinagar. Paid 5900 / 1 year and they renewed it without any issues four days after the warranty had expired.

Unfortunately, you cannot take a three-year addition to the warranty in one go, it has to be renewed every year.
Old 11th July 2019, 14:27   #87
BHPian

Can the add-on warranty be bought for a three and a half year old car whose standard warranty has expired? Like Honda gives you the option to buy the Anytime Warranty even after the standard warranty has expired.

Car in question is a 2015 Polo, done 40,000 kms.
Old 15th October 2019, 16:19   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen is offering Rs 7300 off on extended and add on warranties currently for all cars. Pretty good offer in my opinion. Just took the 7th year add on warranty for my Vento TSI. Actual price is around 23k ( which i paid last year). With this discount it is around 15k.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:06   #89
BHPian

So last Saturday, I gave my 2016 Polo to VW Autobahn Kurla service centre for the occasional ABS warning which lights up occasionally on MID. My SA, who was very prompt in his response, informed me that Rear-Left ABS sensor is faulty and it needs replacement. On cross-checking with him, he assured that it would be covered in the extended warranty. After a few minutes, I got a call from him informing that Insurance company and its valuer won't be available on Saturday due to which claim would be processed only on Monday. I took it with a pinch of salt as my past experiences with VW Autobahn were not satisfactory. Keeping things short, I got my car on Monday, and every expense got covered under warranty, but it's the copy of the invoice provided made me surprised.

Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India-new-doc-20191119-22.29.18_1.png

It turns out that they raised the invoice to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. So whatever my SA told me were about the valuer and Saturday being holiday was true. I always thought that the car manufacturers took the hit on their P/L whenever they accept a claim under extended warranty. But it turned out to be another insurance policy through the manufacturer for which we, the buyers, are paying the premium. But all these made me wonder if this is the case, why would many other manufacturers refrain themselves from providing long extended warranties other than the lack of trust in their OEM products.

By the way, I'm extremely happy with my decision to get an extended warranty over free accessories from the dealership when I bought my not-so-hot 1.2 MPI.
WhiteFang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 00:48   #90
BHPian

I have a question. Have a Vento TSI going to be 4years old in 2 months.
DSG box got replaced within 10K kilometres. Now it is time to extend the warranty. Question is if the DSG box again conk off, will it be covered under warranty? If not, the main purpose to extend the warranty is lost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks