Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 08:16   #91
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have a question. Have a Vento TSI going to be 4years old in 2 months.
DSG box got replaced within 10K kilometres. Now it is time to extend the warranty. Question is if the DSG box again conk off, will it be covered under warranty? If not, the main purpose to extend the warranty is lost.
I don't see why not, but for your peace of mind, I suggest you write to VW India customer care, get a confirmation on mail and then proceed.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 23:16   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have a question. Have a Vento TSI going to be 4years old in 2 months.
DSG box got replaced within 10K kilometres. Now it is time to extend the warranty. Question is if the DSG box again conk off, will it be covered under warranty? If not, the main purpose to extend the warranty is lost.
Of course it should. Best approach is to extend it before the 4 year warranty runs out. The extended warranty terms clearly will call out gearbox also. So don't think it matters if it has been replaced or not.
Old 20th February 2020, 09:45   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it applicable on Skoda? My Rapid's 4 year warranty about to expire. Can I enroll in this?

I have the same question asked by heydj. Is this extended warranty program available for Skoda as well?
Old 20th February 2020, 10:19   #94
BHPian

My Vento TSI DSG is going to be 4 years old in June, I plan on keeping it till its 7th year at least. I called VW customer care and they put me in touch with a dealership in Mumbai for Extended warranty - They claimed ~17k for the fifth year, which needs to be renewed yearly.
Can't I buy an extended 3 years warranty right away? Why do I need to renew it yearly? Also, is 17k per year worth it?
Old 20th February 2020, 13:24   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it applicable on Skoda? My Rapid's 4 year warranty about to expire. Can I enroll in this?
Now a days Skoda is offering extended warranty for two years (4+2) or 150k kms on the new cars, which includes for DSG Gearbox as well. You may have to check with dealership for exisiting cars.
Old 20th February 2020, 16:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
My Vento TSI DSG is going to be 4 years old in June, I plan on keeping it till its 7th year at least. I called VW customer care and they put me in touch with a dealership in Mumbai for Extended warranty - They claimed ~17k for the fifth year, which needs to be renewed yearly.
Can't I buy an extended 3 years warranty right away? Why do I need to renew it yearly? Also, is 17k per year worth it?
17k is too high for just a year's worth of extended warranty.

I've got the GT TSI's 5th year warranty renewed by paying 6k INR. VW keeps giving discounts for warranty renewal.

I can understand that the Vento may have a slightly higher markup than GT TSI for extended warranty, but 17k is just ridiculous considering that it's literally the same gearbox and engine. You are being taken for a ride, please cross-check the rates with a Pune dealer (BUB).

Last edited by GoBlue : 20th February 2020 at 16:04.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:41   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
17k is too high for just a year's worth of extended warranty.

I've got the GT TSI's 5th year warranty renewed by paying 6k INR. VW keeps giving discounts for warranty renewal.

I can understand that the Vento may have a slightly higher markup than GT TSI for extended warranty, but 17k is just ridiculous considering that it's literally the same gearbox and engine. You are being taken for a ride, please cross-check the rates with a Pune dealer (BUB).
Thank you! Can you give me the contact details of your dealer where you get your warranty from?
Old 20th February 2020, 19:43   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The renewing yearly part is true, that is how I believe they operate. Fore new cars, I think they have 5 year option.

I got the 7th year add on for 16k. It was actually 23k odd and they had some 8k offer. Without discount, 16k I think is their rate, but look for offers that come up as you have couple of months more.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:37   #99
BHPian

This is my query regarding the 2nd Top-up warranty I wish to buy.

I own a Vento TDI DSG purchased in Sep-2015 with 2+2 extended warranty.
I purchased the top-up warranty for the 5th year in Aug-2019 when the 4 yrs extended warranty was about to expire in Sep-2019.
Last week I inquired the dealer for the procedure to buy the 2nd Top-up warranty for 6th year. The dealer said that the top-up warranty can not be bought more than once within 7yrs of car-purchase.
My understanding is that the top-up warranty can be bought for 5th , 6th and 7th years, 3 times (each year once) in my case.
Request you to please enlighten on this policy. Can the top-up warranty be bought only once within 7 yrs of purchase ? Please note my all car servicing are regular and the car is till date under warranty for every single day.
Shashidl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 23:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
Request you to please enlighten on this policy. Can the top-up warranty be bought only once within 7 yrs of purchase ?
You can buy the warranty for 5 th,6 th and 7 th Year. I had purchased the add on warranty for 5 th year and after a year the dealer provided me a quote for the 6 th year add on warranty as well.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 01:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The renewing yearly part is true, that is how I believe they operate. Fore new cars, I think they have 5 year option.

I got the 7th year add on for 16k. It was actually 23k odd and they had some 8k offer. Without discount, 16k I think is their rate, but look for offers that come up as you have couple of months more.
If possible, can you please share the copy of your warranty certificate here after masking your personal details. Will help us bargain a warranty for the 6th and 7th year with Volkswagen as they are going back on their word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
This is my query regarding the 2nd Top-up warranty I wish to buy.

I own a Vento TDI DSG purchased in Sep-2015 with 2+2 extended warranty.
I purchased the top-up warranty for the 5th year in Aug-2019 when the 4 yrs extended warranty was about to expire in Sep-2019.
Last week I inquired the dealer for the procedure to buy the 2nd Top-up warranty for 6th year. The dealer said that the top-up warranty can not be bought more than once within 7yrs of car-purchase.
My understanding is that the top-up warranty can be bought for 5th , 6th and 7th years, 3 times (each year once) in my case.
Request you to please enlighten on this policy. Can the top-up warranty be bought only once within 7 yrs of purchase ? Please note my all car servicing are regular and the car is till date under warranty for every single day.
I am in the exact same boat.

I have a Dec 2015 polo 1.2 MPI with the add on warranty which will expire in Dec 2020.

I went to the service centre (Volkswagen Downtown in Mumbai) last week to get the warranty issue sorted well in advance and was informed that the add on warranty can be purchased only once in 7 years.

Last year when the add on was purchased, the service centre had informed that it can be taken for 5th, 6th and 7th year however they'll check the car each year and then decide if it can be given based on the condition.

My Service advisor told me that currently there is confusion going on from the Volkswagen side whether to offer the add on warranty more than once. The service advisory himself had told some of his clients that it shall be available and they too are in a fix right now.

Can anyone help me with email ids of higher ups at Skoda Auto Volkswagen India, the company that governs this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
You can buy the warranty for 5 th,6 th and 7 th Year. I had purchased the add on warranty for 5 th year and after a year the dealer provided me a quote for the 6 th year add on warranty as well.
Can you please tell us which service centre this is and which city? It would be great if we can have a chat with them.
Old 13th July 2020, 16:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Can you please tell us which service centre this is and which city? It would be great if we can have a chat with them.
This was Lally Motors ,VW Chandigarh.
They did provide me with a 6th year add on warranty quote but since I ended up selling the car I didn’t go through with it.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 21:17   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
This was Lally Motors ,VW Chandigarh.
They did provide me with a 6th year add on warranty quote but since I ended up selling the car I didn’t go through with it.
Hey, thanks a ton for your prompt response. Shall be calling and checking on the same.

Although I'm based in Mumbai and even if the chandigarh dealership hands out extended warranty, all that would be possible to do is get a quote on email so that I can take it up with dealerships here.

As much as I can understand from others out here is thay VW has been having an issue with the reinsurance for the add on warranty and hence in the midst of providing/ not providing it. Hope this gets resolved soon. Sure there are abundance of people in the same predicament as I am.
Old 13th July 2020, 23:15   #104
BHPian

My car's (2015 Polo TDI) 5th year add-on warranty expired on April 2020 and I've been trying to renew the same since the beginning of this year. But the dealer says VW is not allowing add-on purchases more than once per car. Initially, I thought it might be some dealer specific issue and contacted another dealer from a nearby district. But they too told me the same story of VW not approving add-on warranty renewal. I had also contacted the customer care, but did not get any response. I then tweeted the issue tagging VW India expecting a proper response from the company (and not dealer) and all I got was a call from the dealer who again explained the same. So currently, I'm living with an out of warranty German car with the only hope of a friendly SA and reasonably good dealer, in case something goes wrong.

Now this means, VW's offer of 7 year extended warranty for their cars turns out to be a false or misleading claim. When the 7 year warranty program was launched, nowhere it was mentioned that the add-on warranty would be offered only once per lifetime of a car. This is another India-specific cheating by the brand. The dieselgate scandal and issues like these have made me lose trust on the brand completely. The company has clearly cheated it's Indian customers once again.
BigBrad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 10:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Now this means, VW's offer of 7 year extended warranty for their cars turns out to be a false or misleading claim. When the 7 year warranty program was launched, nowhere it was mentioned that the add-on warranty would be offered only once per lifetime of a car.
This is strange, you are correct that at the time of introducing the add on warranty they said that they will provide cover for 7 years.

If I recall they were perfectly fine with providing me coverage for one more year.
Only thing they said was if I do not buy it within the existing add on warranty period then they would have to inspect the car before they issue it.

Here’s the invoice for the 5 th year add on warranty and the quote for 6th year add on warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India-6b73e85d7d3045c080029220d56bb71f.jpeg  

Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India-0ea8895e1c62402f8fc6a1c1eb3f9cf0.jpeg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks