Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 17:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW India mobile app launched

BMW has launched a mobile app for its customers in India. The BMW India App has various features including details about the vehicle's service history.

BMW India mobile app launched-unnamed-3.jpg

The app allows customers to book service online and keep track of the progress. The app also has information about the nearest authorized BMW dealerships and service centre and can be used to call roadside assistance. Further, it lists out the features in all BMW models in detail. Customers can also use the app to browse through the BMW Lifestyle Collection and accessories as well as get informed about the latest offers.

The BMW India App is available on Android and iOS platforms.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:13   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW India mobile app launched

You'd think a company with such technological prowess & expensive pricing would be at the forefront, but this one is surprisingly late! Companies selling cheaper brands have had apps for years now. Not to forget, BMW is late to offering Android Auto & Apple CarPlay too (mass market Marutis adopted it much earlier).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You'd think a company with such technological prowess & expensive pricing would be at the forefront, but this one is surprisingly late! .
BMW India seems really lack lustre in its approach to India. It doesnt seem like it has any energy left, maybe it needs a vitamin B12 and D3 shot in the arm to get it sprinting again. Even the products need better product planning, look at the 530i it comes only with sportline and misses out on so many features, it should have a luxury line trim or a m sport trim.

The images on the website have only LHD images of the cars, theres no customisation for India. Compare that to MB India website and there is a sea of a difference. MB India is really sprinting and how, does BMW India think the battle is lost ?

Dont know what their issue is but they make great cars, just need better management of their products and operations in India by someone who is really a go getter and is not happy with this No. 2 or No. 3 slot in India.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 18:01   #4
BHPian

I downloaded this app and tried to create a new account. After entering the details, the message is shown as "no user data found". Hence, I could not create any new account. As of now, the app does not seem to work.
Old 25th August 2018, 17:09   #5
BHPian

I had the same problem registering so tweeted on BMW India's page. They asked me to send my VIN details to an email address and then finally asked me to register as a new user. Was successful in launching the app but its pretty disappointing. Only basic features like service history, book an appointment and the option to download an online owners manual as another app.

Incidentally the BMW connected app that Indian users have to use was last updated in 2014 and that too is full of glitches. While BMW users abroad get the latest app with lots of features like entering destination for navigation, remote services etc - (see here https://www.bmw-me.com/en_MS/topics/...connected.html

The only feature that works on the outdated app for india is Webradio. Pathetic attitude adopted by a technologically advanced company like BMW by treating Indian customers like this.
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the app installed and created a log in. You need to send your mail ID and car VIN no. to a designated mail ID. If your mail ID and VIN matches with BMW database they do some backend which allows you to register.

The app is lame and useless. I was hoping it would be a ready reference point for past services as they claimed that we can track the car's service history though the app. All you can see is the date of last service and amount paid. What good is that? Schedule service appointments, locate workshops and browse the accessory catalogue, that's all you can do. My rating : 1 out of 5 and I am being kind!
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 01:34   #7
BHPian

BMW India mobile app launched

The details on the app are all goofed up. They show so many false entries of service on the app. One entry says I paid 15 lakhs for service. I called up Bmw care and they asked me to take up the matter with the dealer.
My service advisor at Osl Prestige Kolkata sent me my service history over email. The service history sent on email and on the app donot match at all.
I was a little confused and I call up the customer care , they told me that there is some technical error.
Old 4th September 2018, 19:59   #8

Has anyone managed to get their VIN registered on the BMWComnected app, especially on Android? I know that BMW and Android aren't exactly buddies but have been breaking my head trying to register my VIN on the BMW connected app - keep on getting a msg that 'the vehicle cannot be registered to your account'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks