Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th August 2018, 13:30   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I think this is a very welcome move indeed. When I was in the process of buying a Verna last year, the dealership experience in Pune was quite poor overall.
  • Unprofessional sales advisors who rarely followed a process or valued my time.
  • Shabby showrooms with poor maintenance.
  • Cars not available for test drives.
  • Offering customer cars for test drives.

I contrast that with my Nexa experience which was very good, for cars that were cheaper. Perhaps just the feeling that they were a premium outlet and the right set of processes elevated the game. I hope Hyundai moves very quickly on this.

I think every car buying experience should be at this level, not just premium cars. It is a very special occasion for a person who buys an Eon. You are also looking at someone who will come back for an upgrade in the future.

I completely agree with you and co-incidentally faced the same issue (mine was with Kothari Hyundai in Pune). And the worst part of all was when I realised that the showroom was using my car as a demo car for potential clients as they did not have an automatic available and even after that they refused to do anything after my repeated protests. I mean I even wrote and followed up for over two months with Hyundai and the company's people who were in charge of this zone but all i got was "sir we are looking into this and don't worry we have spoken to the dealer. We assure you that this will not happen again as he's also one of our best performing dealers so we are actually surprised".What they do not understand is that this will not change the fact that they completely ruined the delivery of our new car.

I have also experienced Nexa (for a Baleno) very recently and of course other than the premium feel I also felt that the sales rep were not only more informed and could actually answer most my questions but also were very helpful v/s other sales reps selling cars in high demand who have absolutely zero customer value / respect.

Because of my experience with Hyundai I am of course never buying another Hyundai again but I hope that the new premium dealerships help those buying their new rides.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th August 2018 at 23:54. Reason: FORMATTING
Ankoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 10:24   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai's communications team called me last night and said that this rumour isn't true. Just putting it on the record.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hyundai's communications team called me last night and said that this rumour isn't true. Just putting it on the record.
I think you should add this to the opening post.
Old 27th August 2018, 10:20   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
I think you should add this to the opening post.
I still believe in the rumour. Just saying . It makes a lot of business sense (just ask Mr. Nexa).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 10:45   #20
BHPian

It makes a lot of sense for Hyundai to split the business into 2 with Creta as the flagship of the regular mass market cars and the premium products into the new brand. That way they could also bring in the i30 as a premium car and possibly evaluate Genesis range as well for Indian market
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 23:45   #21
BHPian

Rather than just going in for the premium 'sales', they should focus more on Premium after-sale.

I mean why only offer customer the premium experience at sales?
Customer would visit there mostly once or twice during the entire car ownership.

Give customer the premium after-sales, and this will surely make the customer comes back to you for the next/second car.

This I believe could be a game changer.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 14:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Some Hyundai dealers are already informally doing this in Bangalore. Smaller showrooms sell i10, i20, Cretas and Vernas. The larger showrooms display the Tuscon and Elantra with the lesser models tucked somewhere at the back.
Could you please tell me which showroom in Bangalore has Elantra on display? Most of the showrooms I visited only had a badly maintained test drive Elantra.
Old 31st August 2018, 21:46   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Could you please tell me which showroom in Bangalore has Elantra on display? Most of the showrooms I visited only had a badly maintained test drive Elantra.
Trident Palace Orchards
Advaith ORR or Residency Road
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 12:44   #24
BHPian

IMHO, isn’t this premium offering through outlets just a psychological factor influencing the customers? I mean, NEXA was materialized by Maruti to get rid of the image they had in the mindset of Indians. Whilst it has really turned out to be a success for MSIL, I do not believe Hyundai has to keep a distinction as well. Hyundai has always focused on providing premium features to their cars - take i20 as an example - car gurus called it premium hatchback which gave a tough time to the competition such as forcing Maruti not only to come up with an equally good car as the Baleno (Scross to face Creta), but also made them realize they really had to get rid of their dull image of premium factors in the minds of customers & thus, the NEXA. Somewhere, directly or indirectly, Hyundai gave Maruti a new vision into premium offering with i20 & Creta.

Perhaps, in time, other companies such as Tata, Mahindra will also follow the same path with premium offerings through a distinct outlet. Only time will tell.

But it all boils down to how well the car is built and performs on road + after sales service and spare support.

Last edited by gururajrv : 1st September 2018 at 12:53.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 08:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai to float a separate premium car biz.

Quote:
The Indian unit of the Korean firm Hyundai Motor India (HMI) has already started the hunt for a new business head for its premium cars and invited applications from the dealer partners to invest in the new venture.
Quote:
premium vehicles (in terms of price) have started to gain acceptance and automobile manufacturers are strengthening their premium products and sales strategy.
Quote:
The trend was recently cemented with the astonishing success of Kia Seltos and MG Hector- both priced above Rs 10 lakh, arguably double in terms of price for the India's favourite hatchbacks. Interestingly, the share of above Rs 10 cars in the total sales have surged to 15 percent in FY18-19 compared to mere two percent in the year 2005-06. Contrary, the share of cars priced below Rs 5 lakh contributed 73 percent of total sales in 2005-6 and contracted to 27 percent in 2018-19.
Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-74702307.jpg
Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-12.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-74702320.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-74702328.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th March 2020 at 08:37.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 09:29   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Hyundai to float a separate premium car business?

The Indian unit of the Korean firm Hyundai Motor India (HMI) has already started the hunt for a new business head for its premium cars and invited applications from the dealer partners to invest in the new venture.

Quote:
New Delhi: As the Indian automobile industry is moving beyond value for money, high premium vehicles (in terms of price) have started to gain acceptance and automobile manufacturers are strengthening their premium products and sales strategy.

As expected, the country’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI), had bell the cat almost four years ago with the launch of premium outlet network called Nexa. Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India recently launched Honda BigWing to boost its high value premium bikes product portfolio. MSIL gets about 20 percent of its total volume from about 200 Nexa stores across the country.

As an imminent development India’s second largest passenger vehicle maker Hyundai Motor India (HMI) has built a robust plan to accomplish its premium aspirations. Though, company is looking for a new business head to lead the this initiative, but as a initial step, it has created a dedicated team at Delhi Head Office led by Anuraag Singh (GM, Sales Innovation & Strategy) to lead the premium car strategy.

This team will work closely with the regional current offices and dealer channel partners in developing necessary strategies to support significant increase in volume for its current premium products - Tucson SUV & Elantra sedan and some upcoming select models.

“Interested Dealers would be expected to meet the criteria/norms set by HMI for selling its Premium cars (related to Funding, Test-drives, Display cars, Manpower, Training etc,) There would be a initial period of performance observation after which final selection would be made. Final selected dealer's would be required to make necessary investment for dedicated premium models space in the showroom separately as per our guidelines and norms,” HMI said in a letter to dealer partners, exclusively accessed by ETAuto.
Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-screenshot_20200319-74703407-cms-jpeg-image-858-1280-pixels-scaled-47.png

Full article and source: Link

Last edited by wheelguy : 19th March 2020 at 09:35.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 09:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai to float a separate premium car business?

Similar thread exists..

Link (Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up)
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 20:22   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

With Kia's success in India, I won't be surprised if Hyundai decides to bring in it's Genesis brand to India, maybe through the CBU route now that it's opened up.

That being said, I sincerely hope it's not for a Nexa replica - where some Hyundai models will be sold in a separate showroom.
As a customer - I want a premium experience irrespective of the car being purchased, and I do not want to run between showrooms while car shopping within the umbrella of one brand (Ertiga v/s XL6 for example; or Vitara Brezza v/s S-Cross).
Old 19th March 2020, 21:08   #29
BHPian

It's a natural thing for Hyundai to do, but do they have Premium cars in their portfolio is the million dollar question! I don't find Nexa vehicles premium and won't even consider them if I think of premium cars.

Buying cars is a one time affair, but servicing is what these people should focus on. I would like to have a premium experience when I go for servicing, right now the experience is so so. I'm someone who is willing to pay a premium for a premium service experience. Hope someone starts a Premium service centre soon.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 21:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

A long overdue step, that needed to have been earlier taken by HMIL. As such, there were some issues with Santa Fe owners since a decade ago, regarding the long wait for specific spares at their authorised service centres.

The Hyundai Creta 2020 though has it's front grille styling deeply inspired by the Lexus range and hence it's now the proper time for HMIL to create a separate premium category.

Scoop! Hyundai plans to do a 'Nexa'; premium dealerships coming up-hyundai_creta_suv_mainkv_pc_1860x540.jpg

Most Viewed