Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2018, 08:57   #31
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
It all depends on pricing. Hyundai consistently prices their cars higher. This is a very price-sensitive segment, and a few tens of thousands up or down can tilt things in your favor or against you.
Like the above post said, Hyundai is smart with their pricing. They known to price absurdly in the segments where there are no real competition or they already have a stronghold, case in point, the Creta and the new Santro. However, when there is a cut throat competition or they do not have strong presence then they tend to undercut the competition, case in point, the new Verna.

Since, the compact SUV segment already have a few established players like Brezza, Ecosport, Nexon and the upcoming C-SUV (Tivoli?) from Mahindra which seems to be feature loaded with lot of segment first features, I tend to think Hyundai may want to play safe since they already have Creta which is a money spinning machine for them. However, on seeing the latest pricing fiasco of new Santro Hyundai may get greedy again, who knows.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:20   #32
BHPian

IMO, the Hyundai+Kia combine may have learnt lessons from the VW+Skoda fiasco of having products in the same segments. I am taking a wild shot at how future lineup of the group's offerings may look like:

Entry level upto i20 - unchanged (since not much info on what Kia intends to do in this segment)

Verna
Carlino based CUV
KIA SP - 5 seater (current Creta positioning)

Kia Cee'd ( new segment)
Elantra
Future Creta - 7 seater (an XUV rival perhaps)

Future Tucson - 7 seater ( CRV/Kodiaq rival)

With this they would open up new segments and plug the gaps they have in their offerings today.
Old 5th November 2018, 13:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

I believe Carlino will be cheaper than Verna, not costlier, given the 1.5M/1.5L tax benefit. It will compete in Brezza/Nexon segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post

Entry level upto i20 - unchanged (since not much info on what Kia intends to do in this segment)

Verna
Carlino based CUV
KIA SP - 5 seater (current Creta positioning)
With this they would open up new segments and plug the gaps they have in their offerings today.
Old 20th November 2018, 10:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Spied again in India,

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2019hyundaismallsuvindialaunchspiedfirst4.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2019hyundaismallsuvindialaunchspiedfirst5.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 18:00   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai STYX (QXi) compact SUV spied testing again!

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaiqxisuvindia1.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaiqxisuvindiaside1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2018 at 18:01.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 22:26   #36
BHPian

Knowing Hyundai, they will price it squarely with the Brezza, Ecosport and Nexon in mind. IMHO this one will be a sub 10 lakh rupee compact SUV that the company is late to come up with.
Kuldeep31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 07:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
Knowing Hyundai, they will price it squarely with the Brezza, Ecosport and Nexon in mind. IMHO this one will be a sub 10 lakh rupee compact SUV that the company is late to come up with.
In fact knowing Hyundai, they will up the game in terms of fit-finish, load it to gills and raise the general price point of this entire segment by a lac or two. And it will actually sell cause it will feel premium and we'll built over the competition. And creta was late to the party too, look how it sells.

I can only roll my eyes at how much upwards are price points shifting in all but the truly small car segment. Safer, more feature laden etc is all ok but investing in 4 wheels is just way way more expensive than it was 5yrs ago. My EcoSport titanium tdci was 10.3lacs otr with additional warranty and dealer provided insurance!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 07:24   #38
Team-BHP Support

In the eventuality of this product coming on board, there will be big over lap with the 1.4L version of Creta. But with lines blurred, its multiple options for the buyer.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 07:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
In fact knowing Hyundai, they will up the game in terms of fit-finish, load it to gills and raise the general price point of this entire segment by a lac or two. And it will actually sell cause it will feel premium and we'll built over the competition. And creta was late to the party too, look how it sells.
This will coincide with the timing of Vitara Brezza Petrol variant launch
Old 18th December 2018, 07:45   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's c/suv in S Korea,

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

Link
Old 21st December 2018, 18:40   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's QXi spied,

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 14:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
In fact knowing Hyundai, they will up the game in terms of fit-finish, load it to gills and raise the general price point of this entire segment by a lac or two.
Any cues if this includes sunroof ? It is the latest attraction; WR-V sold whatever numbers primarily because of sunroof. And now even XUV300 is showing off one.

In my opinion, sunroof along with loads of features, fit & finish quality, NVH, competent 1.4 diesel will make this vehicle very very tempting. And I sure many people (me included) who won't mind paying 50~75k extra. Heck, the overpriced Creta is selling like hot cakes.
Old 29th December 2018, 13:54   #43
BHPian

I have a strong gut feeling that Hyundai will be greedy on this one. Hyundai's service network reach and overall service quality is on par (if not better) with Maruti and their customers know it. There will be no reason for them to undercut any competitor, and most probably, they will end up increasing the price of the segment by atleast 75k and it will still sell like hot cakes. Another positive (in my opinion) outcome of it's success would be the strong blow that Maruti will experience regarding the sales. This will be a much more premium product compared to the brezza and many buyers will jump ship. This will send a clear message to Maruti that they are not as unbeatable as they think they are.

As somebody mentioned above, this will inevitably overlap with creta's base versions and I think their will be two options for them, one is to remove some of the base versions like what Honda did the City and the other one is to keep it as is, and provide a continuous bridge for prospective customers.

I think Hyundai will go with the second option because the Creta is one of their biggest cashcows (although the profit margin is lower) and I read somewhere that the majority of the sales are for the E/E+ variants, so removing these will affect its sales.
Old 5th January 2019, 19:45   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's 2019 launches seen together!

Old 5th January 2019, 20:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post

IMO, the Hyundai+Kia combine may have learnt lessons from the VW+Skoda fiasco of having products in the same segments. ....

I doubt Hyundai-Kia will do a VW-Skoda or Renault-Nissan. In the case of the two later partners they share the same manufacturing facility. With their respective plants in Chennai and Andhra there is no specific advantage, or need, for badge engineering.

Hyundai has always been cunning in moving upscale, and fairly successful at that (where Suzuki repeatedly failed). I reckon Kia is here purely to further that. They have absolutely no need to go through all the process of establishing a new brand, a completely new facility, just to place products in the same segment as Hyundai.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks