Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 22:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I doubt Hyundai-Kia will do a VW-Skoda or Renault-Nissan. In the case of the two later partners they share the same manufacturing facility. With their respective plants in Chennai and Andhra there is no specific advantage, or need, for badge engineering.

Hyundai has always been cunning in moving upscale, and fairly successful at that (where Suzuki repeatedly failed). I reckon Kia is here purely to further that. They have absolutely no need to go through all the process of establishing a new brand, a completely new facility, just to place products in the same segment as Hyundai.

Platform, engine, transmission and other parts sharing is inevitable. Hyundai wants Kia to be big in India, probably take the 4th or 5th slot in sales in the next 5 years and for that Kia needs Hyundai support in some form or the other. Right from parts sharing to dealer networking, im sure Hyundai would not mind its bigger dealers setting up Kia showrooms and would in fact encourage that. So Kia would have an i20 equivalent, may not enter in to the Santro segment, but they have to have these mass segment cars to draw customers to the showrooms. And plus at the top of the line you will have the SP concept which I think will form the base for the next gen Creta.

What Nissan and Renault did was badge re-engineering. They failed to sell each of these badge re-engineered cars with a a certain USP and plus the clones were always the more expensive ones. I would think VW and Skoda did slightly better with the Rapid and Vento. Both of them sell around1500 units a month together in spite of being more than 7 years old in the market, and with their minuscule dealerships its not a bad number by any stretch.

Hyundai cannot take on Maruti alone, so they bring in Kia, and hopefully both together might pose a serious threat to Maruti down the line. I wish Tata and Mahindra also get equally competitive. That would be good for the industry and the customer.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 19:18   #47
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
MSIL PRESS RELEASE

Auto Gear Shift penetration in Vitara Brezza as high as 49% in Mumbai and 39% in Delhi
Top variants (Z/Z+) contribute 61% of total sales of Vitara Brezza
Hyundai, if you're reading this, you better pair the new 1.5 litre diesel with that 6 speed torque convertor you have and launch that in the TOP variant.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 21:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Carlino SUV spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
As somebody mentioned above, this will inevitably overlap with creta's base versions and I think their will be two options for them, one is to remove some of the base versions like what Honda did the City and the other one is to keep it as is, and provide a continuous bridge for prospective customers.

I think Hyundai will go with the second option because the Creta is one of their biggest cashcows (although the profit margin is lower) and I read somewhere that the majority of the sales are for the E/E+ variants, so removing these will affect its sales.

While price overlap is imminent, I would think there would be significant differentiation. For starters, the Nexon petrol starts as low as 8-9 lakhs on road, so the Hyundai Carlino has to start somewhere here. And even when Maruti launches the Brezza petrol, the price point will be the same as the Nexon, may be a 50-75k premium but not more.

The base variants of the Creta, E and E+ cost around 12 lakhs on road and for that kind of price you get top end diesel variants of the Nexon and the Brezza. And for about 13.5 you get diesel top end AMTs, whereas Creta goes all the way up to 18-19 lakhs on road. So I think there a sufficient differentiation between the products and the overlap is only between top end variants of the Carlino and the barebones E variants of the Creta. Hyundai stands to benefit either way.

When Kia launches the SP concept SUV, which would sort of be in the 15-20 lakhs territory, and that same car would form the base for the next gen Creta. May be in the next gen Creta, Hyundai might do away with that base variants completely. There were also some rumours that the next gen Creta might be a 7 seater or have both 5 and 7 seat configurations, that might be more interesting!
Old 7th January 2019, 18:04   #49
BHPian

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-s...ome-topstories

Named as Styx
peus017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 19:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. The article says that Styx will be based on Grand i10/ Xcent platform. Is Brezza the only SUV with actual SUV platform underpinning the vehicle? Or are Ecosport/ Nexon too based on SUV platforms?
Old 8th January 2019, 11:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Thanks. The article says that Styx will be based on Grand i10/ Xcent platform. Is Brezza the only SUV with actual SUV platform underpinning the vehicle? Or are Ecosport/ Nexon too based on SUV platforms?
The Nexon is based on the small car platform built by Tata circa 2008 or 09, called the X1. The Nexon will be the last car built in that platform, since they're moving into their brand new Modular Platforms.

Same goes for the EcoSport, built on the Ford B platform, seen in the Fiestas.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 12:55   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

To be called STYX in India and LENOIS for the US market. The compact SUV to debut in NY and will come in both petrol and diesel variants.

Quote:
Styx in Asian markets such as India, and Leonis in countries like the United States
Quote:
Under the hood, are expected 1.2 engines aspirated, 1.0 GDI Turbo 120 CV and 1.5 turbodiesel 117 CV. The Exchange may be manual or automatic, depending on the market.
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-3.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-4.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 11:37   #53
BHPian

Hyundai Qxi (Vitara Brezza Rival) Could Get All-New 1.5L Diesel Engine

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190117120823_chrome.jpg
Quote:

Recent rumours indicate that the Qxi will make its world premiere at the New York International Auto Show in April. Therefore, expect it to go on sale in the middle or third quarter of 2019. Positioned below the Creta, the Qxi is said to be based on the same platform that underpins the Grand i10 and will be loosely based on the Carlino concept showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
By the looks of things, the Qxi will be launched in India, South Korea and the United States initially and the test prototypes have already been spotted in these countries. It is destined to carry the latest design cues adopted the South Korean brand in recent times with an edgy overall profile encompassing a prominent Cascading front grille with perhaps eyebrow shaped lights as in Kona.

The all-black interior could offer a host of premium features including a touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, engine start/stop button, multi-functional steering wheel, upmarket seat upholstery, sunroof, a soft-touch dashboard and so on. Expect dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, speed alert function and seatbelt reminder as standard across the range.

It will be heavily localised to carry an aggressive price range of around Rs. 7-11 lakh (ex-showroom) and we believe it will comprise some segment first features. The Hyundai Styx will likely be powered by 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engines with manual and AMT transmission choices. Both the powertrains are newly developed with probable power output close to 120 hp.
Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 17th January 2019 at 11:41.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 07:58   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's subcompact SUV in Korea!

Quote:
The names Styx and Leonis are the most quoted to baptize the product.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-3.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-4.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:59   #55
BHPian

SCOOP! Next generation Creta?

Spotted this heavily camouflaged car on the NH2 (Faridabad to Delhi stretch).

I am not sure which car is this, but from the ORVM design and the sharp angle of the window/A-pillar (where the windshield meets the roof), i think its a Hyundai Creta Update.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-car1.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-car2.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-car3.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-car4.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-car5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2019 at 08:17. Reason: Adding watermarks
RS90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 19:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai sub-4 meter compact SUV has been spotted again in Delhi/NCR.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.jpg

Link
Old 29th January 2019, 19:21   #57
BHPian

Scoop! Hyundai’s compact SUV (codenamed QXi) caught testing in Aligarh

While going to my workplace in the morning, saw this mini SUV being tested on road. Could not take better pics as it was a busy road. In the evening when I returned home, a little Google search revealed its Hyundai’s compact SUV (codenamed QXi) that will be launched in March this year.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190129_091017.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190129_091012.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190129_091019.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 30th January 2019 at 01:45. Reason: Pictures watermarked. Additional image removed.
Hashim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 14:16   #58
BHPian

New Spy Shots of Hyundai Carlino Styx SUV
LED tail lamp design revealed clearly

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190201143422_chrome.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190201144016_chrome.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190201143939_chrome.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190201143836_chrome.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190201143909_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Carlino Styx SUV has been recently spied testing on the Noida expressway in Delhi NCR.
These new images, reveal the LED tail lamp design of the upcoming Hyundai SUV
Source
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai QXi compact SUV to get three engine options, dual-clutch automatic.

Two petrol engines and one diesel engine will be on offer with the Hyundai QXi compact SUV, with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol being mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch auto ’box.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...tomatic-411574
RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 09:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai to debut 'Tiny Crossover' at New York Auto Show - "very boxy, bold, bull-doggy character".

Will be a global product with sale planned in US too.

Quote:
A-segment vehicle will have a more traditional body style but will not look like a mainstream utility vehicle
Quote:
It's smaller and it's distinctively different than Kona
Quote:
very very distinctive two box area. So imagine Kona as a really fast profile, distinctive, iconic character to it, but this one is almost very boxy, bold, bull-doggy character
Quote:
The A-segment vehicle will be more entry level, for an even younger buyer than the Kona. It will not sit on the same platform as the Kona.
Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks